PDA

View Full Version : what would you recomend ?

rocky36
12-17-08, 2:16 am
ok so heres my probelm. the past week and for the next few weeks probably up until xmas, maybe one after. my employer is asking (making) me work 14-16 hour days. its a hour drive to and from work so that leaves anywhere from 8-6 hours of other time during the day. i dont work these long ass shifts everyday but most . when i get lucky and only work 8 hours i go to the gym on those days, but my question is this..

on the days i work so long should i come home and skip my final meal . and save the xtra time for sleep ? simple question for a long explanation i know lol .

bigffmike
12-17-08, 9:28 am
From your description, I would probbly not skip any meals. From your hell schedule I would try to keep my eating patterns the same. My thoughts only

MojoMike36
12-17-08, 10:20 am
You're better off skipping a lifting session to eat a meal than the other way around.

Its not uncommon for me to be eating a meal in between sets at the gym. I'm notorious for munching on chicken while doing cardio.

wedge
12-17-08, 11:17 am
You're better off skipping a lifting session to eat a meal than the other way around.

Its not uncommon for me to be eating a meal in between sets at the gym. I'm notorious for munching on chicken while doing cardio.

I though I ate a lot, but I've never eaten during cardi. Damn.
Anyway, I would worry more about diet and rest with those marathon shifts. Don't be afraid to miss a workout or two to keep your sanity and your body in the best shape possible. The gym will always be there. Use this time to recover and get ready to attack the weights in the new year.

rayzer27
12-17-08, 11:32 am
First thing that stood out here is skipping a meal

If you're going to get serious about this you'd rather miss a training session than miss a meal, although sleep IS important i only get about 6-7 hours a day which would leave you with an extra hour to make a meal (being you get 8 hours already).

MojoMike36
12-17-08, 11:52 am
I though I ate a lot, but I've never eaten during cardi. Damn.
Anyway, I would worry more about diet and rest with those marathon shifts. Don't be afraid to miss a workout or two to keep your sanity and your body in the best shape possible. The gym will always be there. Use this time to recover and get ready to attack the weights in the new year.

I originally was all about broscience when I first started training. I was so thin I didn't want to lose weight but I still wanted the boost in the metabolism department so eating while doing cardio made sense. Now I do it because if I'm hanging out for 45 minutes I might as well be eating.

Aggression
12-17-08, 12:07 pm
Like others have said, don't skip the meal. You can always double up on training sessions, but you can't really double up on meals.