PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks off question...

billmd1334
12-18-08, 9:45 am
with the holidays approaching, along with getting married and my honeymoon, I'm going to be gone from the gym for about 2 weeks... while I'm not in the mindset that I'm going to lose all of my gains over the years in the 2 weeks I'm off, I'm wondering what suggestions you guys have so I can make sure I don't lose anything while I'm gone. I plan to stay pretty consistent with my diet... for anyone that's taken 2 weeks or longer off, is there anything I can do to make sure I don't lose any muscle over that time?

Thanks bros!

RENFRO
12-18-08, 9:50 am
I'd say you wouldn't have much to worry about. Just watch the diet and dive back in it once you get back. Might have a little more severe DOMS but that's prolly gonna be it. Doubtful you'll lose much overall mass if you ask me...

js71474
12-18-08, 9:54 am
Life happens bro, you just gotta roll with it. Big congratulations on your marriage, wish you a very happy future together! You said you were going to stay pretty strict on your diet, with that in mind you really won't lose much in 2 weeks in fact your body will probably praise you for giving it some time off. Muscle bounces back very fast so when you get back to lifting after a couple days it will be like you were never gone, and you will be very rested and ready to attack it! Have fun on your honeymoon and Happy Holidays to you and yours!

billmd1334
12-18-08, 11:20 am
Life happens bro, you just gotta roll with it. Big congratulations on your marriage, wish you a very happy future together! You said you were going to stay pretty strict on your diet, with that in mind you really won't lose much in 2 weeks in fact your body will probably praise you for giving it some time off. Muscle bounces back very fast so when you get back to lifting after a couple days it will be like you were never gone, and you will be very rested and ready to attack it! Have fun on your honeymoon and Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Thank you very much for the well wishes, I hope you and yours have a happy holiday as well!

wedge
12-18-08, 12:32 pm
Like everyone has said, keep your diet relatively in check and use the time off to recoup. The iron will still be there.
Best of luck and congrats brother.

Aggression
12-18-08, 12:49 pm
You should be fine is you keep your diet pretty strict. The first week or two back will be a little rough, with lighter than usual weight and more soreness, but once your body is adjusted to lifting again, you'll be back to normal.

Giant Killer
12-18-08, 1:43 pm
Keep in mind what you're seeing in the mirror may decline if you don't put any work at all in. You'll have to put that aside psychologically if you really want to take a break. Some bodyweight exercises may be a good strategy for this time.

simpleguy
12-18-08, 2:10 pm
I'm taking a week-off break as well, no worries... eat pretty much the same and enjoy some dirty foods on Christmas and New Year's Eve

Aggression
12-18-08, 2:16 pm
I notice a lot of people end up taking 1-2 weeks off during the Christmas/new years weeks, and that's perfectly fine IMO. With traveling and all that shit going on, its tough to get your mind set for legit workouts/trying to get in all your meals. Usually I take these weeks to live like a 'normal person' and then get back into it shortly after. This is the first year I'm not taking a break. I've got a show to win in November, and I won't allow myself to live like a 'normal' person.

simpleguy
12-18-08, 3:36 pm
I notice a lot of people end up taking 1-2 weeks off during the Christmas/new years weeks, and that's perfectly fine IMO. With traveling and all that shit going on, its tough to get your mind set for legit workouts/trying to get in all your meals. Usually I take these weeks to live like a 'normal person' and then get back into it shortly after

same here... good luck on your show man