PDA

View Full Version : Help me out bros, need'n some advice

slash77
12-18-08, 2:43 pm
I'm a HARDgainer from hell. Man I eat like a teradactyl and barely get sh*t out of it. After 4 months of it, it's starting to get on my nerves.

After reading on bodybuilding.com for ages I feel I know what i'm doing up to a novice level. However, obviously, I don't.

What kind of information you guys need from me? I do all compound excercises for the most part, especially squats and deads. I'm often sore for a whole week meaning I can only go in the gym effectively once a week. I don't think that should be like that. But I might be wrong.

That's why i'm here.

Brick By Brick
12-18-08, 2:45 pm
Please post your diet and training schedule, that way we can give you some good info on what you might need to change.

slash77
12-18-08, 2:49 pm
lately it's been hasbrowns and 3 or 4 eggs for breakfast.. lunch I head to golden corral and chump down at least 5 plates.. that generally lasts me till bedtime where I throw in some more carbs like mash potatoes mostly.

Give me a few minutes here and ill post rest of it, I got chicken and sh*t cookin on the grill...

Brick By Brick
12-18-08, 2:53 pm
lately it's been hasbrowns and 3 or 4 eggs for breakfast.. lunch I head to golden corral and chump down at least 5 plates.. that generally lasts me till bedtime where I throw in some more carbs like mash potatoes mostly.

Give me a few minutes here and ill post rest of it, I got chicken and sh*t cookin on the grill...
No worries. Please post your supplementation also with your diet and training.

shizz702
12-18-08, 2:54 pm
What is your current routine?

slash77
12-18-08, 2:57 pm
I use to follow routines like:

Monday - legs
tuesday - back/abs
weds - chest
etc.

But I quickly learned that I would get way to sore to be effective following routines. So i ended up doing what i've been doing the last week or so and that is just listening to my body. I focus on deadlift, squats, rows, and clean n jerks.

I do absolutely no isolation work as I feel at 5 foot 9 and 155 pounds, it's kind of pointless. I don't take any supps currently besides creatine. After two weeks on creatine i gained a rather quick 5 pounds, but it stalled there.

shizz702
12-18-08, 2:58 pm
I use to follow routines like:

Monday - legs
tuesday - back/abs
weds - chest
etc.

But I quickly learned that I would get way to sore to be effective following routines. So i ended up doing what i've been doing the last week or so and that is just listening to my body. I focus on deadlift, squats, rows, and clean n jerks.

I do absolutely no isolation work as I feel at 5 foot 9 and 155 pounds, it's kind of pointless. I don't take any supps currently besides creatine. After two weeks on creatine i gained a rather quick 5 pounds, but it stalled there.

I did a write up in my log to help guys like you bro, check it out here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showpost.php?p=540977&postcount=224

cesmeister
12-18-08, 3:07 pm

so you only eat 3 times a day?

Brick By Brick
12-18-08, 3:08 pm
Well, this is my two cents.
Concentrate on the big 3 compound lifts, bench, squat and deadlift. Throw in clean and press, military presses, heavy rows, etc. Eat a shit ton of food, regular meals 5-7 times a day including gainer or whey shakes. Add in some good fats like organic PB, fish oil caps, nuts and seeds. Drink a gallon of water a day. Get Pak for sure. I would take creatine every day, even on rest days.
You might try one or two accessory lifts in addition to the main lift of the day just to keep your stabilizers healthy, keep everything symmetrical.
Westside for Skinny Bastards is a great program by Joe DeFranco that might help.
Link - http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/archive/articles_westside.htm

slash77
12-18-08, 3:11 pm
so you only eat 3 times a day?

eat 6 7 even 8 times a day doesn't seem to work well with my bod. I use to spread it out every 2-3 hours like most people around do. But i've found that my body responds much better to large meals spread out over time.

slash77
12-18-08, 3:12 pm
Well, this is my two cents.
Concentrate on the big 3 compound lifts, bench, squat and deadlift. Throw in clean and press, military presses, heavy rows, etc. Eat a shit ton of food, regular meals 5-7 times a day including gainer or whey shakes. Add in some good fats like organic PB, fish oil caps, nuts and seeds. Drink a gallon of water a day. Get Pak for sure. I would take creatine every day, even on rest days.
You might try one or two accessory lifts in addition to the main lift of the day just to keep your stabilizers healthy, keep everything symmetrical.
Westside for Skinny Bastards is a great program by Joe DeFranco that might help.
Link - http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/archive/articles_westside.htm

The sad thing is I already do everything in this post except for the supps and fish oil.

slash77
12-18-08, 3:14 pm
Maybe I just need to be patient? Maybe i'm just not eating enough which seems kind of insane... I'm gonna read what shizz posted and go back to a set routine for a couple months and see what goes.

shizz702
12-18-08, 3:15 pm
The sad thing is I already do everything in this post except for the supps and fish oil.

If you're not gaining, then you are doing something wrong bro.

You need to take a good hard look at your training, diet, and rest/recovery and determine which is the culprit.

slash77
12-18-08, 3:20 pm
Maybe I just need to be patient? Maybe i'm just not eating enough which seems kind of insane... I'm gonna read what shizz posted and go back to a set routine for a couple months and see what goes.

Well, heres the symptoms.. I'm very sore, all the f*cking time.. The day before yesterday, I pounded the f*ck out of my back with deads. This after taking a full week and a half off. I topped that off with some power cleans and some light high rep incline presses... two days later and theres not a muscle in my entire body that's not sore...

that said, workout is effective right?

I'm not someone that can sleep 8 hours straight and when I do, it's very rare. It's mostly 3 hour increments. I wake up and back to sleep like that. I'd say I get on average 6-8 hours of sleep a night.

That seems substantial.

It has to be diet? Maybe this super fast metabolism I have is the culprit.

shizz702
12-18-08, 3:28 pm
If you follow the advice in the link I posted bro I think you will be good to go. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a pm. I used to be a hard gainer too.

Dingo
12-18-08, 5:19 pm
Well, heres the symptoms.. I'm very sore, all the f*cking time.. The day before yesterday, I pounded the f*ck out of my back with deads. This after taking a full week and a half off. I topped that off with some power cleans and some light high rep incline presses... two days later and theres not a muscle in my entire body that's not sore...

I'm not someone that can sleep 8 hours straight and when I do, it's very rare. It's mostly 3 hour increments. I wake up and back to sleep like that. I'd say I get on average 6-8 hours of sleep a night.

That seems substantial.

the soreness is called doms, delayed onset muscle soreness, its caused by lactic acid build up during exercise. adequate hydration as well as stretching and good nutrition tend to help. certain supps may help alleviate the problem as well. i have found its just part of the life.

MVP
12-18-08, 6:18 pm
I'm a HARDgainer from hell. Man I eat like a teradactyl and barely get sh*t out of it. After 4 months of it, it's starting to get on my nerves.

After reading on bodybuilding.com for ages I feel I know what i'm doing up to a novice level. However, obviously, I don't.

What kind of information you guys need from me? I do all compound excercises for the most part, especially squats and deads. I'm often sore for a whole week meaning I can only go in the gym effectively once a week. I don't think that should be like that. But I might be wrong.

That's why i'm here.

Soreness is just an indicaator your body is not used to having microtears in muscle tissue. After a few workouts it should quit. Try to avoid heavy lifting while sore to avoid energy and allow muscle tissue to repair.

Eat big, if you're not growing you're not eating enough, eat even bigger, stick to your heavy pushes and pulls (compounds) as well as squats and deadlifts and you will grow.

Are you lifting heavy enough for microtrauma? Intensity and stimulis spark hypertrophy.

Barker
12-18-08, 9:38 pm
for starters calm down. dont worry about anhialating every muscle you have, follow a good strength program focusing on progession. Max-OT, starting strength, mad-cow 5x5, squats and milk are all good programs to start laying your foundation. dont just eat more, eat more often. add more fat into your diet. Peanut butter and olive oil are your friend. Start drinking 1/2 to 1 gallon of whole milk a day, and make sure its whole milk. dont give up.

how old are you by the way?

expert_newb
12-18-08, 9:39 pm
ummmmmmmm... How's your sleep? If your sleep is crap then you should probably eat 30% more of what you already have been doing.

Or better yet, get some proper sleep! I see this a lot with my University buddies. They have heart and are fairly consistent, but stay scrawny because they are busting their nuts doing engineering assignments. If you're dragging your ass in the gym there's no way you can workout with Animal intensity.

Besides sleep, drink whey protein and some carbs right after you work out (nothing new to most guys here on the forum), and then 1.5 hours later eat a full meal.

Finally, how often do you switch up on your volume and rest between sets. I find modifying these variables can shock your body into making new gains. Try switching it up every two weeks so the body keeps guessing.

That's my advice anyways. But dude, are you getting stronger? Sometimes you might be developing in strength more than size. If so maybe you just need to be patient. That's my two cents worth. Good luck !

Mizzarler
12-18-08, 9:43 pm
eat 6 7 even 8 times a day doesn't seem to work well with my bod. I use to spread it out every 2-3 hours like most people around do. But i've found that my body responds much better to large meals spread out over time.

but you said you were a hardgainer...eat at least 6 times a day, try and stay 6-12 reps, and obviously try and include as many compound movements as you can, keep switching your workouts every week to confuse your body, also i wouldnt eat golden corral every day, i would eat it at most twice a week even if i'm bulking, it will increase your metabolism and you will grow, force yourself to eat

simpleguy
12-18-08, 11:25 pm
bro, not to be a dick, but how did you 'find' that eating 3 large meals a day works better for you then 7 for instance? I mean, in bodybuilding you'll find a lot of 'gurus' and all have their ideas regarding nutrition, training... but virtually everyone I know advocates at least 5-6 meals a day, and for extreme hardgainers, up to 7-8

GJN5002
12-19-08, 4:11 pm
Plain and simple. If youre training consitently and sleeping enough and not growing, you arent eating enough. Keep eating until you start gaining weight. Its that simple. Excess calories = weight gain. Stop doing cardio.

shizz702
12-19-08, 4:12 pm
Plain and simple. If youre training consitently and sleeping enough and not growing, you arent eating enough. Keep eating until you start gaining weight. Its that simple. Excess calories = weight gain. Stop doing cardio.

Yep, that's what it all boils down to. Here's a great read on the subject: http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/Topics/Diet.htm

slash77
12-19-08, 7:54 pm
Dude I don't do cardio at all. I mean none of it, i'm just trying to put on strength and size right now.

It has to be diet.

shizz702
12-19-08, 7:57 pm
Dude I don't do cardio at all. I mean none of it, i'm just trying to put on strength and size right now.

It has to be diet.

Good. Cardio is not necessary if that is your goal. Some will disagree, but the way I see it cardio is just gonna burn up extra calories and hinder your weight gain.

slash77
12-19-08, 7:59 pm
bro, not to be a dick, but how did you 'find' that eating 3 large meals a day works better for you then 7 for instance? I mean, in bodybuilding you'll find a lot of 'gurus' and all have their ideas regarding nutrition, training... but virtually everyone I know advocates at least 5-6 meals a day, and for extreme hardgainers, up to 7-8

cuz I did it. I did it for 2 months and saw sh*t for it and I felt like sh*t the entire time that I was doing it.

Went back to larger meals and feel much better with the same stagnant results. I'd brether feel good and be seeing sh*t then bad and seeing sh*t, know what I mean.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. But it just feels wrong, know what i'm saying?

After doing some reading and research I have come to the conclusion that it's really just inexperience. It's the same sh*t everyone goes through as a noob. I'm wanting sh*t to happen now, not later. Patience is one of the major problems right now.

I'm going to stick with rippetoes training program, even though it feels weak as sh*t as i'm doing very very little compared to what i'm use to going in the gym and doing, and come back later and post results.

slash77
12-19-08, 8:10 pm
Soreness is just an indicaator your body is not used to having microtears in muscle tissue. After a few workouts it should quit. Try to avoid heavy lifting while sore to avoid energy and allow muscle tissue to repair.

Eat big, if you're not growing you're not eating enough, eat even bigger, stick to your heavy pushes and pulls (compounds) as well as squats and deadlifts and you will grow.

Are you lifting heavy enough for microtrauma? Intensity and stimulis spark hypertrophy.

21 just turned, with huge expectations.

getapump
12-19-08, 8:30 pm
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE PROTEIN??? 3 to 4 eggs for breakfast and mashed potatoes for your third and FINAL meal of the day! that aint cuttin it.and youre not gaining?! shocker. im not trying to be a dick but im seriously sitting here with my head in hand bewildered how you are wondering why you are not growing. i believe you, yourself said diet is the problem, right??? but when someone said to up the meal count you seemed to pass over the advice by saying it doesnt work for you, and makes you feel like shit. to get what youve never had you must do what youve never done(cliche i know, but cmon it fits well here). if i ate hash browns and mashed potatoes at 66% of my meals i would feel like shit too, and probably look like a fuckin deflated baloon. you know the kind that was filled up with helium a week earlier and has long outlived what its appearance was meant to be.

okay ill throw this out there do with it what you may. start eating another meal every day in between ur golden corral feeding frenzy and mashed potatoes midnight snack , where promise me you will add a source of protein. do this for a week and then add another meal in between breakfast and what will now be meal 3 at GoldenCorral. oh, and while were mentioning breakfast try swapping out the hash browns for oatmeal and some fruit. and more EGGS!!! that will be our gaol for now, get to 5 meals a day. also nutrition surrounding the workout is of upmost importance. sugar, protein and creatine need to be consumed around this time. for fucks sake though just try your damnest to get 230 grams of protein a day as soon as you can stomach all the food. keep the complex carbs in every meal too. if you want to gain weight i sincerely want to help, but you gotta open your eyes and help yourself by shovelin that shit down ur throat. take control of the wheel, otherwise you will just keep spinnin your tires in slop. and you HATE slop... right?

getapump
12-19-08, 8:35 pm
and btw ur teradactyl reference made me laugh. why eat like a teradactyl instead of a t-rex bro?i mean being able to fly would kick ass and all, but why not become the baddest motherfucker of em all (well in theory neway...)

prowrestler
12-19-08, 8:45 pm
your 155

eat 155-310 grams protien every day
eat 3800-4000 cals every day

divide it up so you eat every 2-3 hours.

here the split you should use

monday- legs

wednesday- chest delts

friday- back

legs means squats, deads, lunges, stiff leg deads, glute ham raises, leg curls. basic shit, pick 3 exercises and do 3 sets of each. low reps

chest and dlets means bench variations, overhead press variations and side delt raises. no fuckin flys, maybe when your 200 pounds

back means pullups, chinups, rows, shrugs. deadlfit on leg day if your a hardgainer.

no arm iso moves. gain weight first, then measure the guns

Little Z
12-19-08, 10:18 pm
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE PROTEIN??? 3 to 4 eggs for breakfast and mashed potatoes for your third and FINAL meal of the day! that aint cuttin it.and youre not gaining?! shocker. im not trying to be a dick but im seriously sitting here with my head in hand bewildered how you are wondering why you are not growing. i believe you, yourself said diet is the problem, right??? but when someone said to up the meal count you seemed to pass over the advice by saying it doesnt work for you, and makes you feel like shit. to get what youve never had you must do what youve never done(cliche i know, but cmon it fits well here). if i ate hash browns and mashed potatoes at 66% of my meals i would feel like shit too, and probably look like a fuckin deflated baloon. you know the kind that was filled up with helium a week earlier and has long outlived what its appearance was meant to be.

okay ill throw this out there do with it what you may. start eating another meal every day in between ur golden corral feeding frenzy and mashed potatoes midnight snack , where promise me you will add a source of protein. do this for a week and then add another meal in between breakfast and what will now be meal 3 at GoldenCorral. oh, and while were mentioning breakfast try swapping out the hash browns for oatmeal and some fruit. and more EGGS!!! that will be our gaol for now, get to 5 meals a day. also nutrition surrounding the workout is of upmost importance. sugar, protein and creatine need to be consumed around this time. for fucks sake though just try your damnest to get 230 grams of protein a day as soon as you can stomach all the food. keep the complex carbs in every meal too. if you want to gain weight i sincerely want to help, but you gotta open your eyes and help yourself by shovelin that shit down ur throat. take control of the wheel, otherwise you will just keep spinnin your tires in slop. and you HATE slop... right?

Bro you beat me to the post.. this seems to be comin up a lot in these posts, but im not tryin
to be a dick either. But to come looking for advice and asking for it, and once you receive it
you just brush it off your shoulders and say it doesnt work for you. Like getapump said where
the fuck is the protein, use that cash you are forkin out at GC and go buy some steaks, some
eggs, hell some more protein powder. You gotta keep your options open when you ask for advice bro.

Everyone here has paid their dues, or are currently paying them, no one comes on here to blow
smoke up anyones ass when they ask for help. Thats why we are here, thats why we are brothers of the iron.

Do you drink at all? I see you just turned 21, any alcohol consumption? and how long do you
attempt to sleep? You stated you sleep for about 3 hours and wake up, how many times does
that happen a night? All factors bro, but seriously.. the eating.. 3 meals.. is SHIT if you want
to gain.. plain and simple.. We are all here to help each other, not to piss each other off and
give shit advice.. I hope things turn around for you bro, just listen to what we all have said..

Stay Safe.. Stay Strong

stolzenator
12-19-08, 10:33 pm
we're 3/4 of the way through the 2nd page of this thread and i'm still yet to see any sort of diet or macro plan here. there's no way we can help you if you dont give us any info bro.

a TRUE hardgainer should be eating OVER 4000 cals a day at least I do that on bulking phases and I dont even consider myself a hardgainer. Also, i hate to say it but you're obviously not gettin anything outta eatin three big meals a day either. go back to 6-7 and keep your body's repair fueled all day long.

but you gotta give us some kind of idea what you're eating or theres not much we can do for you. what did you eat today? all day. and was yesterday similar? do you track your macros?

also, was your whole back day just deads, light power cleans and incline presses (not a back move BTW). what was the cause of your week and a half off? if this is a common thing, probably part of your problem.

prowrestler
12-19-08, 11:59 pm
you know what? i have NEVER met someone in my life that fits the description of a stereotypical "hardgainer". EVER. i took a guy who was 6 foot 4 minumum and 120 pounds at his heaviest (yay, big guy eh?) and after a solid year with my tips and advise, he was 165ish by the time he had to renew his gym membership.

the dudes wrists where bigger then his biceps before he started, he was still skinny after that first year but fuck, the before and after pics are a sight and a half!

i was 110 the year i started training, now i started year 5, 4 months ago and i weigh 198. and thats with a fast teens metabolism. my BF% is slightly lower too. ya, SLIGHTLY. and also, the first 2.5 years, my diet was meh, survival. i had no job and only had what my mom bought. it worked for a bit but definatly slowed my gains. i could easily be 210 at 5 foot 7 now if those first 2 years had a solid diet. oh well, im still young and got plenty of time.

if your a hardgainer, shut up and fill that blabber mouth with some food! get your ass OUT OF THE FUCKIN GYM SOO OFTEN. you need like 3 days, 4 TOPS.
if your still skinny, ya think an "arm" day is gonna do ya much good? HELL NO.

id reccomend rippetoe's starting strength program. i aint the only one here who'd reccomend it by the way. if you think it aint enough to grow, maybe gettin jacked just aint for you?

if your not pushin the scale every week, your fuckin up.

take it or leave, im growin, are you?

(not a shot at the original poster, im just givin my thoughts on hardgainers in general)

Little Z
12-20-08, 12:23 am
you know what? i have NEVER met someone in my life that fits the description of a stereotypical "hardgainer". EVER. i took a guy who was 6 foot 4 minumum and 120 pounds at his heaviest (yay, big guy eh?) and after a solid year with my tips and advise, he was 165ish by the time he had to renew his gym membership.

the dudes wrists where bigger then his biceps before he started, he was still skinny after that first year but fuck, the before and after pics are a sight and a half!

i was 110 the year i started training, now i started year 5, 4 months ago and i weigh 198. and thats with a fast teens metabolism. my BF% is slightly lower too. ya, SLIGHTLY. and also, the first 2.5 years, my diet was meh, survival. i had no job and only had what my mom bought. it worked for a bit but definatly slowed my gains. i could easily be 210 at 5 foot 7 now if those first 2 years had a solid diet. oh well, im still young and got plenty of time.

if your a hardgainer, shut up and fill that blabber mouth with some food! get your ass OUT OF THE FUCKIN GYM SOO OFTEN. you need like 3 days, 4 TOPS.

id reccomend rippetoe's starting strength program. i aint the only one here who'd reccomend it by the way. if you think it aint enough to grow, maybe gettin jacked just aint for you?

(not a shot at the original poster, im just givin my thoughts on hardgainers in general)

Preach it brother.. I dont know about you, but all this typing has made me hungry..

I think im gonna go toss together some Rice, Eggs, n Cheese YO! hahaha

prowrestler
12-20-08, 12:35 am
Preach it brother.. I dont know about you, but all this typing has made me hungry..

I think im gonna go toss together some Rice, Eggs, n Cheese YO! hahaha

nah, im stuffed still lol

but def gonna pack away a meal soon

simpleguy
12-20-08, 1:20 am

amen brother... ditto

cools
12-20-08, 2:35 pm
i eat 6 to 7 times a day the same shit eggs meat rice a weight gainer drink after i lift helps me recover alot faster then anything

slash77
12-20-08, 4:49 pm

I wasn't brushing off the fact I need more protein in my meals.. I was brushing off the 7-8 meals a day thing as it didn't seem to have an effect.

Of course reason for that was I definately wasn't getting in even close to that much protein. That's why it wasn't working.

I said teradactyl cuz eating like a t-rex is f*cking cliche as f*ck and i've seen it a million times.

slash77
12-20-08, 4:54 pm
Bro you beat me to the post.. this seems to be comin up a lot in these posts, but im not tryin
to be a dick either. But to come looking for advice and asking for it, and once you receive it
you just brush it off your shoulders and say it doesnt work for you. Like getapump said where
the fuck is the protein, use that cash you are forkin out at GC and go buy some steaks, some
eggs, hell some more protein powder. You gotta keep your options open when you ask for advice bro.

Everyone here has paid their dues, or are currently paying them, no one comes on here to blow
smoke up anyones ass when they ask for help. Thats why we are here, thats why we are brothers of the iron.

Do you drink at all? I see you just turned 21, any alcohol consumption? and how long do you
attempt to sleep? You stated you sleep for about 3 hours and wake up, how many times does
that happen a night? All factors bro, but seriously.. the eating.. 3 meals.. is SHIT if you want
to gain.. plain and simple.. We are all here to help each other, not to piss each other off and
give shit advice.. I hope things turn around for you bro, just listen to what we all have said..

Stay Safe.. Stay Strong

The day i turned 21 was Dec 4th which was a thursday. I didn't even want to drink that night. I had exams coming up within the next week, all finals. I know it's my 21st but I didn't really give a sh*t. Turned my phone off and stayed home all day because I knew I KNEW that if I went to the bar I was going to get slammed because people would be buying me drinks non-stop. Long story short I got woke up twice that night by people walking straight into my house and into my room telling me to get the f*ck up..... anyhow that's getting off topic.

I'll start doing the 6-7 meals a day again with higher protein. Yes i'm about to order 3000 grams of protein.

stolzenator
12-20-08, 5:00 pm
Well, heres the symptoms.. I'm very sore, all the f*cking time..

cuz you're not eating enough

soreness is not an indicator of growth, workout is effective for growth when you fuel the recovery properly and dont take a week and a half off between each one

bingo, eat more, and let us see what exactly eating like a teradactyl looks like in terms of macros please

see bolds above.

slash77
12-20-08, 5:01 pm
we're 3/4 of the way through the 2nd page of this thread and i'm still yet to see any sort of diet or macro plan here. there's no way we can help you if you dont give us any info bro.

a TRUE hardgainer should be eating OVER 4000 cals a day at least I do that on bulking phases and I dont even consider myself a hardgainer. Also, i hate to say it but you're obviously not gettin anything outta eatin three big meals a day either. go back to 6-7 and keep your body's repair fueled all day long.

but you gotta give us some kind of idea what you're eating or theres not much we can do for you. what did you eat today? all day. and was yesterday similar? do you track your macros?

also, was your whole back day just deads, light power cleans and incline presses (not a back move BTW). what was the cause of your week and a half off? if this is a common thing, probably part of your problem.

The cause of my week and a half off is because I was incredibly sore. I've been that way for months. One day back in November my back was aching so damn bad I was just about to walk out of there. Something wasn't right. I've read about taking breaks, so I did.

This morning I had another Huge breakfast, probably my last judging by everyones post. 4 eggs a sh*tload of hashbrowns, big glass of milk, 2 big bowls of cereal following that. After that I slept off and on till about 2 and woke up still stuffed. I don't keep track of anything nor do I measure what i'm taking in. I use to, but that didn't last because of the same reason I quit doing the 6-7 meals. Not seeing results. Obviously because I wasn't taking in enough protein.

And like I said before, I haven't been following any routines because i've been too sore to just go back and do anything. That's more then likely diet once again as the reason.

slash77
12-20-08, 5:06 pm

1. Like I said, I haven't had an arm day since week 1 when I realized it's pointless.

2. Theres always food in my mouth. Just not the right ones evidently.

3. I've been jacked before.. when I got out of high school and started going to YMCA with a friend through a hole we found in the fence in the very back.. We were complete idiots doing 3x10 curls and bench every day. It didn't take long and we got pretty damn big. That's what doesn't make any sense at all... we had no idea what the hell we were doing but we managed to put on 15 pounds in almost no time... makes zero sense.

slash77
12-20-08, 5:10 pm
The whole issue as I see it from the posts has been diet all along?

1. 4000+ cals a day + 200+ grams protein

2. Follow rippetoes

3. back to 6-7 meals between 3 hours.

4. ???

EDIT- suggestions for type of protein to order? Don't say whey protein.. duh.. what kind? By what company?

Little Z
12-20-08, 5:28 pm

2. Follow rippetoes

4. ???

EDIT- suggestions for type of protein to order? Don't say whey protein.. duh.. what kind? By what company?

ANIMAL MAX :)

BTW, no one was judging you bro. You asked for advice, we gave it.. we are here to help not
lead someone down the wrong path.

prowrestler
12-20-08, 5:32 pm

2. Follow rippetoes

4. ???

youll only get animal/universal supplement reccomends here. no other brand talk

Little Z
12-20-08, 5:38 pm
youll only get animal/universal supplement reccomends here. no other brand talk

what do you mean other brand talk?

there are other brands other than Universal Nutrition/ANIMAL??

stop that talk immediately!

slash77
12-20-08, 5:39 pm
ANIMAL MAX :)

BTW, no one was judging you bro. You asked for advice, we gave it.. we are here to help not
lead someone down the wrong path.

And i'm here to listen and i'm listening... I'm readjusting everything based on these posts.

Little Z
12-20-08, 5:41 pm
And i'm here to listen and i'm listening... I'm readjusting everything based on these posts.

I understand bro, but like I keep repeating, we arent telling you your current diet is shit for no reason
we ask for a detailed list of what you eat all day, so we can HELP you adjust your current eating
habits to hit the goals that you have for yourself. Trial and Error bro, not everything will work the
same for everyone. But we DO know that 5-7 meals IS the way to go, at least the best place
to start for you as of now.

slash77
12-20-08, 5:44 pm
I understand bro, but like I keep repeating, we arent telling you your current diet is shit for no reason
we ask for a detailed list of what you eat all day, so we can HELP you adjust your current eating
habits to hit the goals that you have for yourself. Trial and Error bro, not everything will work the
same for everyone. But we DO know that 5-7 meals IS the way to go, at least the best place
to start for you as of now.

I understand.

My goal is to get to 170 pounds and maintain. I'm training for sport, not to put on size for show or for meets.

Least that's the current goal.

prowrestler
12-20-08, 5:45 pm
I understand.

My goal is to get to 170 pounds and maintain. I'm training for sport, not to put on size for show or for meets.

wow, i train for ALL of those reasons

sport= wrestling
show= wrestling
meet= powerlfiting

hmmm

slash77
12-20-08, 5:59 pm
wow, i train for ALL of those reasons

sport= wrestling
show= wrestling
meet= powerlfiting

hmmm

I'm saying. I'm not trying to be 5'9 2 f*cking 20. I'm not trying to be a fullback. I gave him my goal.

I know you ain't "trying" to be a dick... but you're definately doing it.

Little Z
12-20-08, 6:55 pm
I'm saying. I'm not trying to be 5'9 2 f*cking 20. I'm not trying to be a fullback. I gave him my goal.

we all do what we do for a reason bro, if you feel he's being rude or a dick, then let him be no need
to call it out or anything.. this is a place for us all to come together, if someone gives advice you
dont really care for, pass em up.. dont reply.. like you said, you stated your goal, and it is deffinately
a solid goal, and ill be more than happy just like most of the rest of us to help you along the way
this is a family bro, a family brought together by the iron.

if you wanna lift because you just want to be a certain weight or whatever your choice is, well fuckin
do it bro, and do it right. everyone has their goals and reasons why they have those goals just keep yours in sight.

stolzenator
12-20-08, 8:15 pm
This morning I had another Huge breakfast, probably my last judging by everyones post. 4 eggs a sh*tload of hashbrowns, big glass of milk, 2 big bowls of cereal following that. After that I slept off and on till about 2 and woke up still stuffed. I don't keep track of anything nor do I measure what i'm taking in. I use to, but that didn't last because of the same reason I quit doing the 6-7 meals. Not seeing results. Obviously because I wasn't taking in enough protein.

And like I said before, I haven't been following any routines because i've been too sore to just go back and do anything. That's more then likely diet once again as the reason.

if thats one of your three "huge" meals, im pretty sure you're def not getting the intake you need. that sounds like my first meal out of the 6 i eat each day. assuming that trend continues through the day, that means you're eating about half of what i'm eating. that is why keeping track of what you eat is important. even if you only do it for two weeks, you will have a whole new understanding of how much food it actually takes to get to 4000+ cals. you keep tellin us the keepin track of your food and gettin 6-7 meals wasnt working, but we can already assume that the alternative isnt working as well, or else you wouldnt have made this thread. since the keeping track and 6-7 meals is much better way to actually know what youre consuming, you gotta go to that.

you also need to get on a routine and stop worryin about bein sore. thats a fact of life for a lifter, especially one who is taking alot of breaks. there are times when you just gotta suck it up and start liftin. adrenaline kicks in once you start. (hows your deadlift form btw? theyre hard but not sore for a week afterwards hard). look into Torrent to help speed your recovery along. but ya gotta get on some sort of routine or you're never gunna get yourself in the gym regularly.

my advice to you though is start eating more regularly through the day, get yourself a fitday.com account and a journey thread started, and DONT NEGLECT THESE. find yourself a routine you can stick to, suck it up and hit it hard.

prowrestler
12-20-08, 11:00 pm

LMAO

i made a realisation from what you said and stated i am actually training for every one of those aspects oddly.

geezz calm down. i wasnt trying to be a dick, if i tried you would know. i wasnt even really conversing with you i just realised all the reasons you stated are simply reasons i train.