PDA

View Full Version : Ketosis Diet boys, help a brother out .. !

IcedAbz
12-19-08, 9:18 am
Yeah hey everyone, just wanna thank most of you for my past questions you guys helped me heaps and i have made some crazy ass gains.. Well as we know with great gains comes great cuts.. And nows the time to cut, i just started my 6 week holidays from school and i was thinking its time i started to define. I heard about ketosis and how its all about having a high protein and low carb diet,

Im 170 Cm, 90 Kilos with a good amount of muscle..
I want to drop to 84 kilos in 6 weeks which sounds pretty plausible
I just want to know what is a good protein diet, what workout should i do? ( Eg light weight, stick to my heavy weight, high reps etc etc )
How much cardio should i do and if i should do it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach? If i should take fat burning supplements such as animal cuts, the thing is where i live i can't get animal cuts and i don't have a credit card to purchase it online, what i can get is hydroxycut, i want to know if its any good?

Any other information will be greatly appreciated and ill post pictures before and after the 6 weeks... This is my first cut and im excited as fuck to see the progress I've made during the bulk...Anyways boys thanks again heaps..

Abz

krazyassmexican
12-19-08, 9:31 am
Yeah hey everyone, just wanna thank most of you for my past questions you guys helped me heaps and i have made some crazy ass gains.. Well as we know with great gains comes great cuts.. And nows the time to cut, i just started my 6 week holidays from school and i was thinking its time i started to define. I heard about ketosis and how its all about having a high protein and low carb diet,

I just want to know what is a good protein diet, what workout should i do? ( Eg light weight, stick to my heavy weight, high reps etc etc )
How much cardio should i do and if i should do it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach? If i should take fat burning supplements such as animal cuts, the thing is where i live i can't get animal cuts and i don't have a credit card to purchase it online, what i can get is hydroxycut, i want to know if its any good?

Any other information will be greatly appreciated and ill post pictures before and after the 6 weeks... This is my first cut and im excited as fuck to see the progress I've made during the bulk...Anyways boys thanks again heaps..

Abz

if you wanna do a keto diet, i wouldnt be able to help you with your macros, cuz everything i know i know it on lbs and oz not kilos (even thought i am mexican)

your trainin should be as heavy as you can, rep range 10-6

do your cardio any time you have chance, your heart rate should be no higher than 130
and no need for fat burners pimpin, i hope it helps

IcedAbz
12-19-08, 9:45 am
Just say whatever measurements you guys use and ill convert them myself, i need to know what foods to eat because I've read,

65% Fat
30% Protein
5% Carb

I was amazed by the amount of fat but i understood the concept of why, but im not sure on WHAT to eat, please if anyone can make me a great and effective meal plan just roughly and doesn't need to be in detail that would be great.

krazyassmexican
12-19-08, 9:57 am
Just say whatever measurements you guys use and ill convert them myself, i need to know what foods to eat because I've read,

65% Fat
30% Protein
5% Carb

I was amazed by the amount of fat but i understood the concept of why, but im not sure on WHAT to eat, please if anyone can make me a great and effective meal plan just roughly and doesn't need to be in detail that would be great.

i dont go that way bro, my keto way is around 60% protein, 35%fat and 5%carbs
i also go with healthy fats, the keto you were pointed out is usually full of saturated fats

IMO

you should go with lean protein sources, like chicken, tilapia, whey protein isolate etc etc

fat sources you should use:
steroidal fats, (whole eggs), red meat etc etc
Omega 3,6 fatty acids, almonds, fish oil, salmon, natural pb (i am doing some research, i read somewhere that natty pb is not a healthy choice....
and fats that will help with joint and ligament health, like extra virgin olive oil, mac nut oil

carb sources just 1 or 2 servings of green veggies

simpleguy
12-19-08, 10:06 am
my keto way is around 60% protein, 35%fat and 5%carbs

sup krazy... you mean that in calories? (got me confused as well)

krazyassmexican
12-19-08, 10:08 am
sup krazy... you mean that in calories? (got me confused as well)

i am talkin percentajes bro, you know i am a firm believer on the 1:1:1 macros on bulkin and
1:1 on cuttin

simpleguy
12-19-08, 10:10 am
i am talkin percentajes bro, you know i am a firm believer on the 1:1:1 macros on bulkin and
1:1 on cuttin

I know... so that's why I was confused about the 60% protein and 35% fat thing... but I assume you meant grams

krazyassmexican
12-19-08, 10:11 am
I know... so that's why I was confused about the 60% protein and 35% fat thing... but I assume you meant grams

its almost that way or you can even say 70% pro and 30% carb

simpleguy
12-19-08, 10:16 am
its almost that way or you can even say 70% pro and 30% carb

ok, you meant 30% fat

krazyassmexican
12-19-08, 10:21 am
ok, you meant 30% fat

yeah sorry about that
by the way i am thinkin of replacing my natty pb for more mac nut oil or avocado oil

simpleguy
12-19-08, 10:28 am
yeah sorry about that
by the way i am thinkin of replacing my natty pb for more mac nut oil or avocado oil

by all means do it bro... I just can't find mac nut oil where I live except one site on the net where it's like 40$ a liter so no way I'm paying that... right now I am going with evoo

krazyassmexican
12-19-08, 10:31 am
by all means do it bro... I just can't find mac nut oil where I live except one site on the net where it's like 40$ a liter so no way I'm paying that... right now I am going with evoo

mac nut oil is best thing ever check this up
http://oilsofaloha.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=4

now foods has mac nut oil and dp is comming up with his own

simpleguy
12-19-08, 10:41 am

Abz

first let me start by saying 6 weeks won't be really much time to cut up... you might get some results, but ideally for optimum results you'd roll with ketosis for at least 12 weeks or so... now there are several approaches to ketosis... some of the most popular are:

-Palumbo's (also done by Evan and other pro bbs): 50% calories from protein, 50% cals from fats... keep in mind 1 gram of protein is 4 cals and one gram of fats is 9 cals... on this diet you eat 6 meals a day, protein and fat at every meal... protein can come mostly from whole omega-3 eggs, chicken, fish, lean cuts of beef, and whey... fat can come from nuts (peanuts/pb, almonds, cashews etc), macadamia nut oil, extra virgin olive oil, fish such as salmon, and the fat in your eggs... if I remember Ox's approach correctly you aim for 1.5gr of protein per pound of lean bodymass... get the same number of cals from fats... once a week you have a cheat meal where you eat carbs, and pretty much whatever you crave

-Atkins: you can find plenty about it on the internet

-the 'Anabolic Diet' : ratios are about the same as the ones in Atkins... your diet is based on red meat and whole eggs especially... you also are encouraged to take in good fats (check the Palumbo version I wrote before)... also allowed are cheese (not the low-fat), whipped cream, and pretty much that's all I can think of right now

choice is yours... personally for fat loss I'd go with Palumbo's approach

AFTazz06
12-19-08, 12:20 pm
mac nut oil is best thing ever check this up
http://oilsofaloha.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=4

now foods has mac nut oil and dp is comming up with his own

Awesome bro, ive been trying to find mac oil, i'm gonna try it out now, Thanks for posting up that link!

IcedAbz
12-19-08, 9:46 pm
What i don't get is when you guys say peanut butter, almonds, this that for fats, don't they have carbs in them especially peanut butter ? Thing i don't get is that eating so much of peanuts or almonds or this and that to get the amount of fat i need wont it raise the carb intake ? I don't get how that works, explain to me please..

thatdude111
12-19-08, 9:48 pm
Peanut butter has like 6 grams of carbs in them. There is 3 grams of fiber in that so really it's only like 3 grams of carbs

GrizzlyBear
12-19-08, 10:45 pm
ketosis will be maintained with anything under 100g of carbs, but most diets will tell you to hit less than 30g so that it can be achieved a bit faster
idk how you can get a sufficent amount of cals by going 60% p, 35% c, 5% f because it just wouldn't add up. Ideally you want total cals per day to be 12-13 times your weight in lbs and since protein is only like 4 cals/g, thats a shitload of protein. If you have too much protein floating around, your body will convert the excess amino acids into glucose and that can potentially ruin your diet. The original 65% f, 30% p, and 5% c is closer to what i use and what ive seen most people use. The way you figure out your macros is:
carbs <30g
protein is about 0.9g/lb bodyweight
add up the cals from that, subtract it from the total cals, and divide that by 9 (b/c 9 cals in a g of fat) and you get your fats
i definitely recommend everything else everyone has said about making up most of your fats from healthy sources and eat a bunch of fibrous carbs (aka veges)

simpleguy
12-20-08, 1:14 am
What i don't get is when you guys say peanut butter, almonds, this that for fats, don't they have carbs in them especially peanut butter ? Thing i don't get is that eating so much of peanuts or almonds or this and that to get the amount of fat i need wont it raise the carb intake ? I don't get how that works, explain to me please..

you eat small portions of them anyway... usually for most it comes to 1.5-2 tbsp of natural peanut butter or about 30g almonds

idk how you can get a sufficent amount of cals by going 60% p, 35% c, 5% f because it just wouldn't add up. Ideally you want total cals per day to be 12-13 times your weight in lbs and since protein is only like 4 cals/g, thats a shitload of protein.

he was talking about grams, caloric-wise that diet is 50-50 between protein and fat

IcedAbz
12-20-08, 9:17 am
Hey guys thanks alot for everything so far, I've been doing my studies and research and I've designed a well thought out diet that can be ketonic *smiles* if that word can be used, it goes like this

Cal = 2379
Fat = 160.6 g ---- Which becomes exactly 60%
Carb = 28.3 g ---- Which becomes exactly 5%
Protein = 203.7 g ---- Which becomes exactly 30%

And those ratios are what I've heard to be the best ratios for a ketosis diet.

Here is the picture that explains everything, the food, the calories and the ratios.
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4418/abzdietplanketosisgg8.png
Click the site then click the picture, it will enlarge and please go through my diet and edit it, i need to have this diet set by after tomorrow as that's when im going into ketosis.

And again, i know this is an Animal site but please be honest, is Animal cuts worth getting ? Or hydroxycut and tell the truth as im the one who also promotes Animal products to everyone.

simpleguy
12-20-08, 9:38 am
well, stick with it and see how it goes... you can always change it later

And again, i know this is an Animal site but please be honest, is Animal cuts worth getting ? Or hydroxycut and tell the truth as im the one who also promotes Animal products to everyone.

you want the cold hard truth? here it is:

1) fat burners (in general) will only help a bit, say give you that extra 10-15%... those which work - most are just a waste

2) imo you would see decent results from animal cuts, but it's no miracle... no supp is... get your diet and cardio in check and cuts will give you that extra boost

3) I don't care if this is against the rules, hydroxycut is just a load of caffeine and a huge waste of money as most MT stuff

4) if I were you and have money, I'd first stock up on a multi, protein powder, animal nitro, efas, maybe creatine and only then think about a fat loss supp

IcedAbz
12-20-08, 9:44 am
I got my vitamins, my fish oils, my creatines, my protein powders all in check, im stopping anabolic halo as it has 20gs of carb per/s. So i might get Animal cuts, even if they do jack shit, when i have supplements i feel more motivated, then again that's just me but it works for me, i bought fig.8 straps the other day and I've been motivated as fuck since i got them to hit the dead lifts =] Thank you man and thank you everyone.

krazyassmexican
12-20-08, 11:36 am
well, stick with it and see how it goes... you can always change it later

you want the cold hard truth? here it is:

1) fat burners (in general) will only help a bit, say give you that extra 10-15%... those which work - most are just a waste

2) imo you would see decent results from animal cuts, but it's no miracle... no supp is... get your diet and cardio in check and cuts will give you that extra boost

3) I don't care if this is against the rules, hydroxycut is just a load of caffeine and a huge waste of money as most MT stuff

4) if I were you and have money, I'd first stock up on a multi, protein powder, animal nitro, efas, maybe creatine and only then think about a fat loss supp

hey bro just wanted to share with you i may start working with colette nelson on january ;)

krazyassmexican
12-20-08, 11:41 am
you eat small portions of them anyway... usually for most it comes to 1.5-2 tbsp of natural peanut butter or about 30g almonds

he was talking about grams, caloric-wise that diet is 50-50 between protein and fat

i just would like to know how would it be a shitload of protein when you only feed your lean body mass
i got pictures to prove that that method work for regular people and not only ifbb pros or npc competitors

simpleguy
12-20-08, 11:56 am
hey bro just wanted to share with you i may start working with colette nelson on january ;)

let's take it to pms :)