PDA

View Full Version : who ventured out in the snow to train?

futurefreak101
12-19-08, 2:39 pm
fuck you better beleive i did...my gym is usually a 15 minute drive but it took an hour and half to get there today...fucking awesome!!!!!!!!! not..haha shouldnt of taken my shock therapy b4 i left i think it wore off b4 i even got to the gym...i drive a 99 civic si...shit was annoying as hell..spinning out everywhere...and an hour ride back...so who had the same problem? btw theres a shit ton of hills here so i had to go all over the place just to get there.

brandonA
12-19-08, 3:10 pm
What is this snow you speak of ????

-B

Hercules
12-19-08, 3:14 pm
I did when I was in upstate NY for Thanksgiving (does that count?). Now that I'm back in FL, it's 80 right now and supposed to be 81 tomorrow. No snow to speak of here...

futurefreak101
12-19-08, 3:16 pm
lmfao i forgot alot of people dont live in NY here...12 inches expected here.

Brick By Brick
12-19-08, 3:21 pm
I did so the past two days and had no problems. I drive a Chevy Blazer 4x4.

brandonA
12-19-08, 3:22 pm

Yuck, that is why I did not go to the Univ of MinneySota...They sent me a x-mas card that was almost all white....no thanks...I can drive past the U of A and still see hot chicks in shorts leaving the rec center.....in December....

-B

deanna7272
12-19-08, 3:25 pm

WOW... Hubby just sent me a pic of the snow on his way home form Jersey... We (in Ohio) are getting ALL RAIN... Blah...

Most of you know, I teach, so I am USUALLY hoping to see snow for a delay or something.... I finished today and we're off until January 5th, you guys can KEEP the snow, I don't need it now..lol

Giant Killer
12-19-08, 3:28 pm
I ride my bike to the gym everyday. The last 2-3 have been rough in the snow, but you just have to get used to it. I have a freestyle bike too, not a mountain bike, so it's interesting navigating the snow to say the least.

futurefreak101
12-19-08, 3:34 pm
WOW... Hubby just sent me a pic of the snow on his way home form Jersey... We (in Ohio) are getting ALL RAIN... Blah...

Most of you know, I teach, so I am USUALLY hoping to see snow for a delay or something.... I finished today and we're off until January 5th, you guys can KEEP the snow, I don't need it now..lol

lol snow is only good when ur a kid..when u get older ur like shit..now i gotta shovel

ForearmFreak
12-19-08, 3:40 pm
on my way out to do that right now

InkdMuscle
12-19-08, 4:55 pm
Shit I walk 10miles up hill barefoot in the snow just to train.... Ok really maybe not the severe.

Mase64
12-19-08, 5:32 pm
haha yea i went out.. its was nuts comming home.. took over an hour were as it takes 10 mins.. lol stupid slow ppl

BryanSmash!
12-19-08, 5:41 pm
Does shoveling my driveway count?

bigffmike
12-19-08, 5:49 pm
Yuck, that is why I did not go to the Univ of MinneySota...They sent me a x-mas card that was almost all white....no thanks...I can drive past the U of A and still see hot chicks in shorts leaving the rec center.....in December....

-B

LOL -- I drive to the gym some times in the snow or when temps are - 20 or so with a wind chil. One thing that is a + is the place is usualy empty. It would be nice to see the chicks leaving the gym but I just half to get all my looks in durning the summer..

Cstlfx
12-19-08, 5:54 pm
I did when I was in upstate NY for Thanksgiving (does that count?). Now that I'm back in FL, it's 80 right now and supposed to be 81 tomorrow. No snow to speak of here...

I missed Upstate NY snow for the first time in 9 years. Down in FL myself, sitting out in my hammock getting a tan.

deanna7272
12-19-08, 6:11 pm
lol snow is only good when ur a kid..when u get older ur like shit..now i gotta shovel

OR when you are a teacher and you get the day off when it snows...lol

futurefreak101
12-19-08, 6:16 pm
OR when you are a teacher and you get the day off when it snows...lol

strong point strong point.

bdb1513
12-19-08, 7:09 pm
i called every gym near me and they are all closed :( now i gotta wait till tomorrow to hit delts

naturalguy
12-19-08, 7:11 pm
I didn't miss my workout but then again I drive a Jeep. Actually it wasn't that bad as far as deep snow but it did cause a ton of traffic.

prowrestler
12-20-08, 12:09 am
i walk to work for 35 mins and back for 35 mins nad to the gym 35 mins every time.

so every day, im in -20 windy and icy conditions walking so i can train or make it to work.

jeff00z28
12-20-08, 12:43 am
i only lift 3 days a week (other than a 4th every other week to catch up on stuff) so there is no way i would miss a scheduled workout. i drive a silverado luckily