PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Valentino's advice - see what works for you

simpleguy
12-20-08, 7:41 am
I found this on another board, and thought it might be helpful here for some folks who still have questions, or for some that praise everything this guru says, or everything that guru says... as Gregg, says, they are all right, in their ways

so here's a big part of his post (I took out a small part that might not be needed on this board due to the rules):

EACH GURU IS CORRECT IN HIS OWN WAY.....ITS UP TO YOU TO FIND YOUR WAY....

LETS GET ONE THING STRAIGHT, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, SOME GUYS RESPOND TO HIGHER CARBS & LOW FAT, MOD PROTEIN AND OTHERS NEED LOWER CARBS, MOD FAT HIGH PROTEIN ....BOTTOM LINE THE RULES DO NOT APPLY THE SAME FOR EVERYONE ..MIKE MENTZER A MASS MONSTER ATE NO MORE THAN 80 GRAMS OF PROTEIN A DAY ......I KNEW MIKE PERSONALLY!!!!..HE TOLD ME YOUR BODY MANUFACTURES AMINO ACIDS , YOU JUST NEED THE ESSENTIALS....I'M NOT SAYING HE IS RIGHT, BUT IT WORKED FOR HIM...I LOVE HIGH PROTEIN MYSELF ( I TAKE 600 grams a day ).......

MY UNCLE IS 98 YEARS OLD, HE DRINKS WINE AND EATS SPAGHETTI & MEATBALLS EVERYDAY OF HIS LIFE...THE MAN LOOKS 60...HE CHOPS WOOD, WORKS IN THE GARDEN AND IS VERY ACTIVE...HE NEVER ATE AN OMEGA SUPPLEMENT IN HIS LIFE......

I BEEN WITH KEVIN LEVRONE 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE ARNOLD CLASSIC, HE ATE 2 CHEESEBURGERS ( LOADED ) AND HAD PASTRIES, 2 WEEKS LATER HE WON THE ARNOLD CLASSIC.....THERE ARE BODYBUILDERS WHO SMOKE POT ( A LOT OF POT ) EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES YET YOU GUYS ARE WORRIED ABOUT AN ADVIL MAKING YOU LOSE MUSCLE......I BEEN WITH A PAST MR. OLYMPIA WHO WAS SO LIGHT UP HE COULD SPEAK CORRECTLY, YET ON STAGE HE RULED....

EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN PERSONAL FORMULA, I SEEN PROS EAT DOUGHNUTS AND GET RIPPED DOING SO.....COME ON , I'M SURE YOU ALL KNOW SOMEONE WHO EATS JUNK AND YET HAS NO BODY FAT ......

ITS ALL INDIVIDUAL, LIKE TRAINING.....IN ARNOLD'S DAY GUYS TRAINED EACH BODYPART 3 TIMES A WEEK AND TOOK BASIC DRUGS...TODAY THAT'S OVER TRAINING.....I SAY BULLSHIT!!!!!!.....SERGIO OLIVA ATE WHAT HE WANTED, TOOK BASIC SHIT, TRAINED EACH BODYPART 3 TIMES A WEEK AND YET HAD THE MASS OF THE BIGGEST GUYS TODAY, BUT WITH A 29 INCH WAIST.......

SCIENCE STUDIES LOOK GREAT ON PAPER BUT IN THE REAL WORLD YOU NEED TO FIND OUT WHATS RIGHT FOR YOUR PERSONAL CHEMISTRY..AGAIN, TRIAL & ERROR!!!!....NO 2 GUYS ARE ALIKE, I DON'T CARE WHO TELLS YOU DIFFERENT...THESE GUYS TODAY TAKE MORE DRUGS & PARTY LIKE ROCK STARS AS WELL AS FAT SUCTION WITH BITCH TIT REMOVAL AND EVERYTHING ELSE...A LITTE OMEGA TABLET AIN'T GONNA DO SHIT..IF YOUR TAKING LOTS OF DRUGS AND THEN SCREAMING ABOUT " HEART SMART " & "LIVING A HEALTHY LIFE STYLE" THEN YOUR PISSING ON MY FEET AND TELLING ME ITS RAINING....YO I AIN'T STUPID!!!......I VIEW IT ALL LIKE " WHY STERILISE THE NEEDLE USED FOR THE DEATH PENALTY " ...ITS A WASTE OF TIME!!!!...

MY ADVICE.....TRIAL & ERROR.....TRY DIFFERENT WAYS OF DIETING & DIFFERENT WAYS OF TRAINING , LISTEN TO YOUR BODY AND ADJUST IT TILL YOU FIND WHATS RIGHT FOR YOU!!!!...YOUR UNIQUE...FIND YOUR OWN ANSWERS WITH IN...

DAVE, THE BOSS, L.NORTON, ROMANO ARE ALL VERY SMART GUYS AND THEY ARE ALL RIGHT IN THEIR OWN WAY!!!.....EACH GUY'S METHOD IS CORRECT FOR ONE GUY AND WRONG FOR ANOTHER....THERE IS NO ONE ANSWER...IF THAT WAS THE CASE EAT LIKE ARNOLD FOLLOW HIS EXACT ROUTINE AND YOU'LL LOOK LIKE HIM....NOT!!!!...THAT'S RIGHT FOR ARNOLD, NOW FIND OUT WHATS RIGHT FOR YOU.....

ANYWAY MY 2 cents....

THIS IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE....I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU GUYS OUT.....

strivin for more
12-20-08, 8:29 am
he has a point, to an extent. everyone is different and everyones bodies respond to things differently, but a lot of his examples a tad extreme.

ShaqFu
12-20-08, 9:23 am
I don't think the examples are extreme at all. He is proving a point, very well I might add. People hear the latest hype, believe that shit because they see some bodybuilder advocating it, and then live the hype for say, a few months, break their backs to defend it, and then when the next hype comes along they eat it up again and betray what they had been defending for the past few months.

I think Valentino would agree with me, trial and error isn't easy, and that's why people buy into this shit they hear on the internet and tv. They want the easy way out, we all know that, but we are no less responsible or absolvable from this phenomenon. We readily believe what Ox, Machine and all those other guys throw down because we want so badly an easy way out, and these guys look phenomenal, so now we think we have proof that this may work for me so let's give it a shot. The funny thing is, when guys post pics of themselves on the internet, saying they've been doing "keto" or "anabolic" diet, most of the time they look like shit. Clearly it doesn't work for them. Let's have the balls to say, "It's ok if Keto works for Ox and not for you, find something else that works for you cuz this sure as shit ain't working for you. Sorry, no one said this was easy." If this is a community of 'lifters' who dedicate themselves to this sport, then let's fucking act like it. If someone looks bad, flat out tell them, it's all constructive, we're not little kids who are going to go crying if someone else tells us something we don't want to hear. If you can't take the heat, A) go somewhere else B) don't post yourself for all to see. Use our criticisms as motivation, hell you might even think I'm talking shit, instead of crying about it, go do something about it, get bigger, stronger, w/e, and throw it back in my face. If this happens, then I know that I did good by this post, that I got through to someone. Unfortunately, I'm no Gregg Valentino, by arms aren't twice the size of my head so people won't readily listen to this, not a big deal. Just put in the effort to find what works for you, and don't pander to or appease those who look like shit and who obviously need a kick in the right direction. Peace
ShaqFu

simpleguy
12-20-08, 9:30 am
I don't think the examples are extreme at all. He is proving a point, very well I might add. People hear the latest hype, believe that shit because they see some bodybuilder advocating it, and then live the hype for say, a few months, break their backs to defend it, and then when the next hype comes along they eat it up again and betray what they had been defending for the past few months.

good point right there bro

ShaqFu
12-20-08, 10:46 am
good point right there bro

Thanks homie, we could probably talk about this back and forth there's so much to say, great thread man.
-shaqfu

strivin for more
12-20-08, 10:47 am
i mean extreme as to saying the pot smoking and such. i dont care who you are, that wont cause any positive physical effects using it ya know?

prowrestler
12-20-08, 11:38 am
gotta love greg valentino!

i should link up his youtube dinner interview. very very good. he really dishes out the real deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvitFh8A0zI

IronWilson
12-20-08, 2:35 pm
I used to think Gregg Valentino was such a jackass, but after seeing Bigger Stronger Faster and other videos from him giving serious advice I like him.

He tells it like it is and tells a lot of people what they need to hear.

Plus it's fun to hear him rant.

prowrestler
12-20-08, 2:58 pm
I used to think Gregg Valentino was such a jackass, but after seeing Bigger Stronger Faster and other videos from him giving serious advice I like him.

He tells it like it is and tells a lot of people what they need to hear.

Plus it's fun to hear him rant.

he is a bodybuilding icon whether people wanna admit it or not.

fuck the haters.

Feel The Power
12-20-08, 4:36 pm
thanks for sharing that article. Just gotta stick with what works for you.

Carpe Diem P.T
12-20-08, 4:47 pm
i mean extreme as to saying the pot smoking and such. i dont care who you are, that wont cause any positive physical effects using it ya know?

i think you missed his point their champ. he was using pot as a simile with advil. saying not to over focus on the small things.

Reading what greg has to say or hearing him is always so refreshing. He is so passionate and has lost all ability to care about tact. its great.

strivin for more
12-20-08, 8:24 pm
oh i see what you mean carpe diem, sorry i was reading through it sorta fast. had me a lil confused haha

Carpe Diem P.T
12-20-08, 8:40 pm
lol yeah i tend to skim read too. gregs rants are very random from what i ve seen.

GJN5002
12-22-08, 2:50 pm
great post, we all need a reminder sometimes, I too used to think Valentino was a moron, but I really think the guy knows his shit.

Aggression
12-22-08, 3:27 pm
great post, we all need a reminder sometimes, I too used to think Valentino was a moron, but I really think the guy knows his shit.

Agreed. After watching that diner video on youtube, I have a new found respect for him. He's actually pretty funny. I got to meet him at the Strong and Shapely ABC.

Cstlfx
12-22-08, 3:52 pm
I think most people's first impression is that Greg is a jackass, cause the media has spun him into this steroid freak monstrosity. Thankfully he started putting his own stuff out and more of it has been reaching us.

I got to meet the guy at one of the ABC's and he's a really cool guy.

Great article, and a good video posted by Prowrestler.

Latimer316
12-22-08, 4:09 pm
haha, that shit was great..when you view that check out the side videos and watch him do the coleman impression and the interview w/palumbo