PDA

View Full Version : Something else happening at the Arnold 09...

rev8ball
12-22-08, 11:46 am
Some awesome news that I wanted to share with my bros here at the FORVM…

As you all know, the Arnold is not only an expo and bodybuilding show. There are tons of other things going on in conjunction with it, like other sports, etc. One of those events is something called the Arnold Strength Training Summit. This is a 3-day symposium that covers the science of exercise and nutrition for athletes of all types. Well, the people who organized it got interested in some of the research that I’ve been working on.
So, the great news is that I just got invited to present a lecture at the Summit! I am so fucking psyched! And, a little overwhelmed…..LOL

Just wanted to let ya’ll know….. YEAH!

Hollow
12-22-08, 11:51 am
Huge congratulations to you rev8ball!!!!

deanna7272
12-22-08, 11:57 am
CONGRATS.... That's HUGE!!!

Good luck and can't wait to hear how it goes... Keep us updated on times and such and hopefully we can get some people together and sit in!!!

rev8ball
12-22-08, 12:05 pm
Thanks, guys. Like I said, I'm a little blown away, but damn excited.

That would be fantastic to have some Animals. As soon as I get some more info, I'll post it here. I know that they are planning some other great workshops, and anyone can go, but I'm not sure of the costs. I'll see what I can find out and let everyone know. If not, I will at least post my Powerpoint (and maybe video) of my lecture so FORVM members who weren't able to make it out to OH will at least be able to watch.

deanna7272
12-22-08, 12:13 pm

That would be fantastic to have some Animals. As soon as I get some more info, I'll post it here. I know that they are planning some other great workshops, and anyone can go, but I'm not sure of the costs. I'll see what I can find out and let everyone know. If not, I will at least post my Powerpoint (and maybe video) of my lecture so FORVM members who weren't able to make it out to OH will at least be able to watch.

AWESOME... Keep us posted, I am sure we can get some guys together to check it out...

wedge
12-22-08, 3:00 pm
Congrats Rev.
I look forward to reading what you put together.

InkdMuscle
12-22-08, 4:33 pm
HUUUUGE Congrats Rev. I know ur knoweldge will b of great use as it is here.

Phil800101
12-23-08, 2:57 am
Congrats bro!

Elite
12-23-08, 5:39 am
Congratulations Rev. At breakfast during the last expo, even tho I was on the opposite table, I knew you were a guy who liked to talk, haha. You've definately got the voice for it too. Great work!

Latimer316
12-23-08, 5:43 am
Thats great man..when you find out the day and time let us know..look forward to hearing it. Good luck bro

rev8ball
12-23-08, 11:07 am
Congratulations Rev. At breakfast during the last expo, even tho I was on the opposite table, I knew you were a guy who liked to talk, haha. You've definately got the voice for it too. Great work!

Oh ha ha ha.......but I agree I'm quite the bull-shiiter.....lol....

G Diesel
12-23-08, 11:14 am
The good rev knows of what he speaks... Great stuff, my brother. Spread the gospel. Peace, g

prowrestler
12-23-08, 11:41 am
yes! know i can finally know the secrets of getting huge!

LOL!

should be a good thing to see. i love training seminars

rev8ball
12-24-08, 3:19 am
The good rev knows of what he speaks... Great stuff, my brother. Spread the gospel. Peace, g

Thanks for the props, G.

naturalguy
12-24-08, 7:34 am
Congrats Rev, laying down the knowledge at the Arnold is quite an accomplishment.

Hercules
12-24-08, 9:00 am
Wow! That's great news! And I don't think you're a bullshitter; you know what you're talking about. Congrats, Rev!

Wasteland
12-29-08, 1:25 pm
Well, the people who organized it got interested in some of the research that I’ve been working on.
So, the great news is that I just got invited to present a lecture at the Summit! I am so fucking psyched! And, a little overwhelmed…..LOL

Just wanted to let ya’ll know….. YEAH!

Congratulations. Will appreciate seeing any of the research you present there. Good luck.

Nightshift
12-29-08, 1:32 pm
Congrats! Great news indeed!

machineman
12-29-08, 1:40 pm
huge congrats, Rev

J-Dawg
12-29-08, 3:18 pm

This is exciting rev. Congrats on the opportunity to give a presentation there.

Hoomgar
12-29-08, 3:46 pm
Congrats bro. It's definitely an honor. You've earned it my friend.

Hg

rev8ball
12-29-08, 6:03 pm
Thanks, bros, I really do appreciate it.
I've been looking at the rest of the symposium/speakers, and it looks like one great weekend; some awesome workshops. I'm still not quite sure how I got invited....LOL

I've been working on the powerpoint this weekend (they need it by mid-Jan), so I'll give you more details on it soon, probably next week.

Thanks again.....

rev8ball
01-22-09, 11:10 am
Okay, so here is the summary that they're using for my lecture presentation:

"The Role of Biomechanical Assessment in Performance Testing & Program Design:
We know what tests to use in order to assess our clients, and, and as a result, we know how to design a good program for them. But do we know why? This lecture will help trainers and coaches alike understand and use the basics of biomechanics to get the most out of their tests, and therefore develop the most productive programs for their clients."

As soon as I get more info on times, dates, etc., I'll let ya know.....

rev8ball
02-16-09, 9:08 pm
Okey dokey. So, my lecture time has been set for Saturday, 3/7, at 5pm. It will be in the meeting rooms upstairs from the expo (there will be signs!). This is an official part of the Arnold, so they have package deals. But, I am working on a big discount for my bros here at the FORVM who just want to stop by and see my lecture. If you do, let me know here, and I will soon let you know what the cost will be.

arsilva
02-16-09, 9:13 pm
Okay, so here is the summary that they're using for my lecture presentation:

"The Role of Biomechanical Assessment in Performance Testing & Program Design:
We know what tests to use in order to assess our clients, and, and as a result, we know how to design a good program for them. But do we know why? This lecture will help trainers and coaches alike understand and use the basics of biomechanics to get the most out of their tests, and therefore develop the most productive programs for their clients."

As soon as I get more info on times, dates, etc., I'll let ya know.....

this is gonna be CRUCIAL for anyone thinking about personal training. I'm in for sure bro

rev8ball
02-24-09, 2:30 pm
Just moved me to 3pm on Saturday. Hopefully, this will be it.....

mritter3
02-24-09, 6:38 pm
hey bro congrats....that is a huge honor, you should be proud. what time are you speaking so we can come support our fellow animal.

dannynb
02-24-09, 7:42 pm
Will def try to stop in and see your lecture bro!! Congrats by the way.

rev8ball
03-02-09, 2:40 am
Wanted to tell my bros that tonight I just got another invite to speak. On Saturday, an all-day workshop is being conducted at the Arnold on Speed-Power development in athletes, and I was asked to lecture on the segment of testing for strength and power. But as much as I would like to think how awesome I am (LOL), that ain't the half of it...

This workshop will be held in conjunction with an hour-long Q & A session with the World's Strongest Man, Olympic Weightlifting Gold Medalist Matthias Steiner of Germany and some of his coaches!

I think I just busted a nut............

arsilva
03-02-09, 2:51 am
Wanted to tell my bros that tonight I just got another invite to speak. On Saturday, an all-day workshop is being conducted at the Arnold on Speed-Power development in athletes, and I was asked to lecture on the segment of testing for strength and power. But as much as I would like to think how awesome I am (LOL), that ain't the half of it...

This workshop will be held in conjunction with an hour-long Q & A session with the World's Strongest Man, Olympic Weightlifting Gold Medalist Matthias Steiner of Germany and some of his coaches!

jeez. just went from six to midnight for your sake

rev8ball
03-03-09, 2:05 am

Sorry, wrong day. It's on Friday.

I guess I just got all excited.....!

Elite
03-10-09, 8:34 pm
How'd it go Rev?

bikinipatrol
03-10-09, 9:19 pm
hey rev, i met you at the expo...we met down by the stairs that lead up to where you presented

damn, if i'd known before it was on friday i would've gone

rev8ball
03-11-09, 12:35 am
How'd it go Rev?

I think it went really well; I mean, at least I didn't piss myself....lol

Seriously, it was great. The entire lecture was filmed, so as soon as I get a copy of it, I'll post it, along with my Powerpoint. Again, thanks for asking.....

rev8ball
03-11-09, 12:36 am
hey rev, i met you at the expo...we met down by the stairs that lead up to where you presented

damn, if i'd known before it was on friday i would've gone

Oh, yeah, I remember. You were there with some other members, right?
Thanks, but don't worry about it; there'll be other workshops to attend, that is, as long as they invite me back.....lol

McFly
03-11-09, 8:12 am
it was nice to meet the man behind the science!!! good luck with all your work coming up this year...can't wait for the next gem you drop on us!

rev8ball
03-11-09, 11:10 am
it was nice to meet the man behind the science!!! good luck with all your work coming up this year...can't wait for the next gem you drop on us!

Thanks, bro, it was great to finally meet you, too. Got some great data collection while at the Arnold, so I'll be getting that study done hopefully in the next few months, and I'll let you guys know. Plus, got a few other things up my sleeves before the end of the year, so we'll see what happens.....LOL

McFly
03-11-09, 11:12 am
Thanks, bro, it was great to finally meet you, too. Got some great data collection while at the Arnold, so I'll be getting that study done hopefully in the next few months, and I'll let you guys know. Plus, got a few other things up my sleeves before the end of the year, so we'll see what happens.....LOL

awesome! i have copies of everything you've posted here in the past...all a part of my stolen collection of knowledge folder in my filing cabinet!!!!

rev8ball
03-11-09, 11:46 am
awesome! i have copies of everything you've posted here in the past...all a part of my stolen collection of knowledge folder in my filing cabinet!!!!

LOL, stolen collection of knowledge.... that's good! And there will be more to come.....

Hercules
03-11-09, 11:54 am
Although pissing yourself would have been humorous, I'm glad things went well. Can't wait to see the vid.

J-Dawg
03-11-09, 12:25 pm
Glad it went well for you Rev and I can't wait to see the powerpoint presentation. I'm curious to see what you discussed in the lecture.

rev8ball
03-11-09, 1:11 pm
Although pissing yourself would have been humorous, I'm glad things went well. Can't wait to see the vid.

Har dee har har....lol

You really need to make it out to the Arnold and the Summit, bro - you'd love it!

rev8ball
03-11-09, 1:12 pm
Glad it went well for you Rev and I can't wait to see the powerpoint presentation. I'm curious to see what you discussed in the lecture.

Sorry you couldn't make it, J, but I will definitely let you know when it's online.