PDA

View Full Version : Eggs [Nutritional Facts]

ralf_snake
12-22-08, 11:52 am
Alrighty than, i am making a note book of about all the clean foods so i can have a better overview of what i am doing diet wise.

Im starting of with eggs: I got this from Wiki ->

Chicken egg, whole, hard-boiled
Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
Energy 150 kcal 650 kJ

Carbohydrates 1.12 g
Fat 10.6 g
Protein 12.6 g
Water 75 g
Vitamin A equiv. 140 μg 16%
Thiamin (Vit. B1) 0.66 mg 51%
Riboflavin (Vit. B2) 0.5 mg 33%
Pantothenic acid (B5) 1.4 mg 28%
Folate (Vit. B9) 44 μg 11%
Calcium 50 mg 5%
Iron 1.2 mg 10%
Magnesium 10 mg 3%
Phosphorus 172 mg 25%
Potassium 126 mg 3%
Zinc 1.0 mg 10%
Choline 225 mg
Cholesterol 424 mg

I need to have a statistic of this for 1 egg, and with that 2 stats of the egg white and the yolk separated.

Maybe we can have a food board for all this stuff. It is important.

simpleguy
12-22-08, 12:37 pm
dude, search up on one of these -fitday.com, calorie-count.com, calorieking.com... there are many others but these are the ones I can think of right now

as for me, I already know most of the macros, so no need to get to exact... I usually get pretty large eggs... I don't know if this is exactly, but when I do count my eggs I think of one egg having 5g of fat and 6 of protein... I also think an egg white has somewhere around 3.5 g of protein but I always use whole eggs so I'm not too worried about that

Aggression
12-22-08, 12:51 pm
I need to have a statistic of this for 1 egg, and with that 2 stats of the egg white and the yolk separated.

Maybe we can have a food board for all this stuff. It is important.

You want a breakdown of the nutritional info for just the yolk? Why? Are you just going to eat the yolk?

Use fitday.com, thats what I use for my foods. You can type in one whole egg, one egg white, etc. They don't have just yolks tho; probably because no one just eats the yolk and throws away the white. I wouldnt worry about ALL those facts bro. If anything, just know your protein/carbs/fats. If your getting your calories from healthy foods, you won't need to worry about anythign else IMO

GJN5002
12-22-08, 2:56 pm
look at the carton that it came in
large egg white should be
3 g protein no carbs 0 fat
large whole egg 6g protein 1 carb 4g fat

Im not trying to be an ass but this question is very easily answered using google or the egg carton.

ralf_snake
12-22-08, 4:50 pm
look at the carton that it came in
large egg white should be
3 g protein no carbs 0 fat
large whole egg 6g protein 1 carb 4g fat

Im not trying to be an ass but this question is very easily answered using google or the egg carton.

It doesnt say on my carton, and since im dutch and i cant find any dutch sites its hard for me to look it up in english.

Pizzalamp
12-22-08, 6:21 pm
eggs are great! i love 3 over easy w/ a piece of grilled chicken and salsa and oatmeal in the morning!

GFreak300
12-23-08, 4:22 am
eggs are great! i love 3 over easy w/ a piece of grilled chicken and salsa and oatmeal in the morning!

oh your lucky I'm getting sooo sick of eggs I need a recipe or something to spice it up a little

J-Dawg
12-23-08, 9:00 am
dude, search up on one of these -fitday.com, calorie-count.com, calorieking.com... there are many others but these are the ones I can think of right now

as for me, I already know most of the macros, so no need to get to exact... I usually get pretty large eggs... I don't know if this is exactly, but when I do count my eggs I think of one egg having 5g of fat and 6 of protein... I also think an egg white has somewhere around 3.5 g of protein but I always use whole eggs so I'm not too worried about that

Some good links there. They'll have the info that you need there ralf snake.

J-Dawg
12-23-08, 9:00 am

That sounds pretty good pizza.

Enforcer
12-23-08, 9:09 am
oh your lucky I'm getting sooo sick of eggs I need a recipe or something to spice it up a little

If you aren't on a cut right now, try mixing you eggs in a bowl with your oatmeal and adding in a slice of cheese for some flavor (Ronnie Coleman style)

strivin for more
12-23-08, 10:41 am
i found if you add a lil spray butter to eggs its not too bad. keep it under control though

haha the stuff says zero calories but its pure oil.

Pizzalamp
12-23-08, 7:14 pm
oh your lucky I'm getting sooo sick of eggs I need a recipe or something to spice it up a littletry this
3 eggs over easy...put a piece of grilled chicken in a pan w/ salt pepper garlic and onion and cook...then if u have toast put the eggs over the toast w/ the chicken on the side and add some salsa...i could eat it all day

That sounds pretty good pizza.its my fav meal...

BODYUNDRCONSTRUCTION
12-26-08, 10:48 am
8 egg whites,1/4 tblsp garlic salt,1 slice cheese,1 slice hole wheat, put some pam on a small frying pan and add egg whites at low fire.Then sprinkle the garlic salt evenly over them then after turning once place slice of cheese on top and fold like a 1/2 moon so the cheese would melt inside.Then u know what to do with the rest.Chow down.Dont forget a separate cup of oatmeal with it.For a change i sometimes cut 1/2 cup shrimp in tiny pieces and mix with the egg whites,green peper,onion and of course the garlic salt also.Shit is awsome.