PDA

View Full Version : seriously about to never squat again

futurefreak101
12-22-08, 5:39 pm
not because i want to but its because of the fact i cant find a single decent pair of jeans that fucking fit right nemore. i stopped leg pressing and leg extensions and jeans arent so much tight on my thigh anymore...but i love to squat and it goes hand in hand with deadlift...but im wearing a size 38 inch waist when im really a 32 because my ASS is HUGGGE. i wanna know where the hell frank mcgrath and dudes with legs MUCH bigger then mine find jeans...i really dont get it...sometimes i wanna go out and enjoy myself with freinds but i cant even do that nemore without feeling like im wearing some gay nut huggers....

SQUAT or DIE!
12-22-08, 5:47 pm
welcome to my world, i wear jeans every day and none of them fit right... fact of life

musclealchemist
12-22-08, 5:49 pm
x 2. Its impossible to find jeans that dont find right when you workout. Everyone has that problem. Its not just you.

prowrestler
12-22-08, 5:52 pm
x 2. Its impossible to find jeans that dont find right when you workout. Everyone has that problem. Its not just you.

i like track pants

Elite
12-22-08, 5:53 pm
I was thinking this the other day. Needed a couple pairs of new jeans, yet all fashion in London is aimed at the dishevelled skinny jean 70's rock look. I ain't even got big legs, yet I am being unwillingly nudged toward the MC Hammer range.

Keep squatting, maybe work on a different stance, I dunno.

futurefreak101
12-22-08, 5:54 pm
im supposed to go out for christmas eve..i just went through my closet..i have nothing that fits me anymore..i grew like a fuck...all i have is animal shirts...bodybuilding.com clothes..gym shorts...my mom is like omg wtf are you doing to your body...and everyone else is making remarks im getting to big...i really dont know anymore...im doing wat i love...this world pisses me off...that i dont wanna be fucking 120 pounds and can wear size 24 jeans...now im ranting.

Pizzalamp
12-22-08, 6:00 pm
i hear ya man...forget the jeans bro...just wear the baggie crazee pants u see bodybuilders wear

GSant434
12-22-08, 6:03 pm
Every time I buy a new suit I get a size 40 suit pant and then have my mom recut it down to a 36. Gonna start having her do that with my next set of jeans too.

futurefreak101
12-22-08, 6:12 pm
someone should open up a bodybuilding clothing store aroud here..that would be sick. never seen one of them

shizz702
12-22-08, 6:14 pm
I can totally relate bro, I have a size 38" too, and it's all because of my squatter's ass.

T. Kemble
12-22-08, 6:14 pm
Gap "Loose Fit" Jeans are money in the bank. I wear a 34x32 and they fit my ass just fine haha

brandonA
12-22-08, 6:22 pm
I have never been able to find pants, let alone jeans that fit my legs. I wore shorts all year long till I was a senior in high school. I have to buy them a few sizes bigger. hit the big and tall section...or quit squatting, quitting is easier....

Here, see what Lance Armstrong has to say about quitting....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNJTDt9d6Kk

much easier than buying bigger pants....

-B

Cellerator65
12-22-08, 6:23 pm
don't sweat the small stuff... if it really bothers you, start dieting

futurefreak101
12-22-08, 6:37 pm
Gap "Loose Fit" Jeans are money in the bank. I wear a 34x32 and they fit my ass just fine haha

nice bro ill check that out

Big Wides
12-22-08, 9:14 pm
Fuck it....embrace every part of the squat and the good things it brings. Hell there are many people out there who would want to have this problem. So embrace the squatter's ass and legs....buy bigger clothes and keep squatting

Mase64
12-22-08, 9:20 pm
its why i like wearing shorts

J-Dawg
12-22-08, 9:20 pm
Not a good enough reason not to squat, lol. I'm sure with some searching around you'd be able to find some good clothes that fit.

shizz702
12-22-08, 9:23 pm
Shit man just wear some baggy pants then. Like others said, embrace the squatters ass and let it be a reminder you are growing!

futurefreak101
12-22-08, 9:30 pm
Shit man just wear some baggy pants then. Like others said, embrace the squatters ass and let it be a reminder you are growing!

sorry bro i hate really baggy pants...i like medium..not to tight not to loose....it doesnt matter...i spend my days wearing basketball shorts and sweatpants...but when its time to go have a good time with freinds or something i run into the jean problem

thsbiglifter
12-22-08, 9:31 pm
Squats will do that you.
Id rather not fit in my original size then get smaller legs where some kiddie girly jeans like those emo kids.
I jumped from a 36- almost to a 40 in some jeans just because of the ass. Its all good a majority of women like my ass. Just try a big and tall brother.

Cstlfx
12-22-08, 11:06 pm
How much money do you have? Gasp makes some killer pairs of jeans. I will never spend the money on a pair of jeans, but if you're feeling randy, go for it.

Giant Killer
12-23-08, 12:03 am
Dickie's wide leg cell phone pocket aren't bad

simpleguy
12-23-08, 12:14 am
it depends on your goals man... I mean the squat is the bread and butter since it builds muscle all over your legs and including your glutes... however, there were a few pretty famous bodybuilders who didn't like it for that particular reason... for instance Vince Gironda wouldn't even allow back squats to be done in his gym, nor did he have a squat rack there... he did however focus on sissy squats and hack squats as his main mass builder for legs

prowrestler
12-23-08, 11:07 am
it depends on your goals man... I mean the squat is the bread and butter since it builds muscle all over your legs and including your glutes... however, there were a few pretty famous bodybuilders who didn't like it for that particular reason... for instance Vince Gironda wouldn't even allow back squats to be done in his gym, nor did he have a squat rack there... he did however focus on sissy squats and hack squats as his main mass builder for legs

i should punch him. lol

if he didnt allow me to squat, it would have turned from a gym into a wrestling match quicker then a hiccup

Flash419
12-23-08, 12:00 pm
not because i want to but its because of the fact i cant find a single decent pair of jeans that fucking fit right nemore. i stopped leg pressing and leg extensions and jeans arent so much tight on my thigh anymore...but i love to squat and it goes hand in hand with deadlift...but im wearing a size 38 inch waist when im really a 32 because my ASS is HUGGGE. i wanna know where the hell frank mcgrath and dudes with legs MUCH bigger then mine find jeans...i really dont get it...sometimes i wanna go out and enjoy myself with freinds but i cant even do that nemore without feeling like im wearing some gay nut huggers....

Had this problem since I was 16. LOL

Relaxed fit... is a GODSEND! Still tight.. but at least you one have to go up 2 sizes in the waist to get them over your thighs. Levis never fit, Arizona's are better. Go to Kohl's if you got one close.. look for a brand called Urban ????? .. much looser in the thighs and ass. They actually fit.. and don't have an extra foot of fabrick around the waist.

Aggression
12-23-08, 12:03 pm
Like Flash posted above, I rock the Arizona's relaxed fit. I get a 36'' waist, but my real waste is about a 32-33''. It's hard finding a pair of good jeans in a 36x30. Relaxed fit is best suited for 'husky' people (so i've read).

Bro don't stop squatting because of that problem. There are plenty of people on this forvm who would LOVE to have this problem. Its all part of the game brother.

IRBS
12-23-08, 12:26 pm
Zubaz, problem solved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zubaz

LOL!

prowrestler
12-23-08, 12:30 pm
Zubaz, problem solved.

LOL!

almost makes tight jeans worth it lol

for jeans, just buy baggy gangter brands. wearing tight jeans and being a pretty boy aint part of the contract of being huuge

Aggression
12-23-08, 12:31 pm
Zubaz, problem solved.

LOL!

Damn, YES. As history reveals, clothes always seem to come back into fashion after years of being shunned. I can't wait for the day that Zubas come back in style. It's going to be a great time.

Reacher34
12-23-08, 12:42 pm
I read the title of this thread and thought I was gonna have to come in here and lay the smack down on somebody! Then I read the post and laughed. It's a problem we all have. If you notice, you almost never see a pro wearing jeans, its usually sweats or wind pants. I think the trick is to have pants tailored for you. However, I don't have that kind of money so I just suck it up and buy the 38's and wear a belt.

It sorta sucks, but if anyone gives me shit about it, I just flex my quad and it reaches up and smacks the person in the mouth ;) I have angry quads! lol.

Preston
12-23-08, 12:45 pm
I guess none of you have heard of the "Big and Tall" section of most stores, huh?

Cstlfx
12-23-08, 12:50 pm
Zubaz, problem solved.

LOL!

NIICE! I'm liking these.

IRBS
12-23-08, 12:56 pm
I guess none of you have heard of the "Big and Tall" section of most stores, huh?

I am 6'3, 275-280 and most store's "Big and Tall" section have less to fit me than the regular section. Unless you have a 42in waist and a 30in inseam anyway...maybe thats you, huh? Not to mention the fact that most of the brands they carry in that section are grabage and you have pretty much one style to pick from...

Some independent Big and Tall stand alone stores have a decent selection though.

Best bet is to get wide-leg jeans/pants...

GJN5002
12-23-08, 1:04 pm
get some maternity pants or some old man jeans with elastic waste. they are stylin

Dingo
12-23-08, 1:22 pm
if $$$ is an issue shop goodwill and what not. i picked up some loose fit jeans at wal mart for 14$. i could give a shit about bein in style. im up to a 36" waist to fit my thighs in, also though i've noticed if i add a little cardio in during the week, even though im bulking, it helps keep the thighs fittin in.

Cstlfx
12-23-08, 1:32 pm
Or you Could learn to sew. Flare out your thighs by adding some more material to the jean's seam.

prowrestler
12-23-08, 1:47 pm
belt. probelm solved

its like saying "im gonna stop benching cause i gotta buy 2,3,4 XL shirts"

thats a problem id love to have. im happy wearing a belt or track pants.

TylerC
12-23-08, 1:51 pm

he allowed front squats too

simpleguy
12-23-08, 2:04 pm
he allowed front squats too

yes... I'm not advocating his approach, just bringing a point there... for instance, (even though this is a rare case) if your quads are underdeveloped but you have big hams and a large ass - hopefully not due to havinging 30% bf... then maybe it's time to use a closer stance on the back squats or even do a temporary switch to front squats, sissy squats and hack squats

Preston
12-23-08, 2:53 pm
I am 6'3, 275-280 and most store's "Big and Tall" section have less to fit me than the regular section. Unless you have a 42in waist and a 30in inseam anyway...maybe thats you, huh? Not to mention the fact that most of the brands they carry in that section are grabage and you have pretty much one style to pick from...

Some independent Big and Tall stand alone stores have a decent selection though.

Best bet is to get wide-leg jeans/pants...

I forgot you love your GAP, A&F, and American Eagle - my bad. ha

Cellerator65
12-23-08, 3:00 pm
I get ecko, sean jean, timberland jeans in the macy's clearance rack... those jeans fit well around my legs and stylish if u like those brands or that scene. i never spend more then $20 on jeans tho... not worth it... i need to start buying size 36 to fit around my legs.

Big Wides
12-23-08, 11:35 pm
Zubaz, problem solved.

LOL!

Damn, YES. As history reveals, clothes always seem to come back into fashion after years of being shunned. I can't wait for the day that Zubas come back in style. It's going to be a great time.

Had a feeling the Zubaz would make it in here....got me two pairs of them and I do wear them out in public. Very comfortable

Tiny
12-26-08, 12:15 pm

Bro, please, you gotta look around more - there are jeans which fit you - there are jeans that fit me and others with 30 plus inch quads, so trust me, they make them. I myself am grateful to the "hip-hop" trend in clothing because I get a lot of stuff that fits me because of it. You can get the "baggy" fit jeans and they will accomodate your quads and ass, even Levi makes a cut of jean which will do the trick without making you look like a clown. Yeah, you might need to wear a belt but you can get decent fitting jeans. Having said that, I must confess that it IS a pain in the ass fitting into clothing and I hate having to give in and resort to wearing sweat pants all the time (and I don't, I do wear dress pants and jeans but it is always tempting to go for the sweats since they are most comfortable). But get used to it because you will have the same problem with upper body clothing if you get big enough - a bigger complaint than jeans for me is dress shirts. Now it really IS impossible for me to get a dress shirt that fits right off the rack - that shit is the real problem. Try putting on a shirt and a tie at my size (and sometimes as an adult, I may HAVE to wear that kind of shit) - it is fucked up. Jeans? I got that shit worked out by now, but dress shirts that button up - forgettaboutit.

born0withno0soul
12-26-08, 3:23 pm
yea pants arent a problem. it sucks worse trying to get a dress shirt and jacket to fit right. i have to take everything to the tailor and get it remeasured

pedraza
12-26-08, 3:56 pm
I wear a 34 in the waist but i have to get jeans in 38 to fill comfortable on my legs..and as for shirts i need to buy 3xl just to fit my upper half just right. dont get me started on wearing dress shirts and stuff

prowrestler
12-26-08, 4:10 pm
Bro, please, you gotta look around more - there are jeans which fit you - there are jeans that fit me and others with 30 plus inch quads, so trust me, they make them. I myself am grateful to the "hip-hop" trend in clothing because I get a lot of stuff that fits me because of it. You can get the "baggy" fit jeans and they will accomodate your quads and ass, even Levi makes a cut of jean which will do the trick without making you look like a clown. Yeah, you might need to wear a belt but you can get decent fitting jeans. Having said that, I must confess that it IS a pain in the ass fitting into clothing and I hate having to give in and resort to wearing sweat pants all the time (and I don't, I do wear dress pants and jeans but it is always tempting to go for the sweats since they are most comfortable). But get used to it because you will have the same problem with upper body clothing if you get big enough - a bigger complaint than jeans for me is dress shirts. Now it really IS impossible for me to get a dress shirt that fits right off the rack - that shit is the real problem. Try putting on a shirt and a tie at my size (and sometimes as an adult, I may HAVE to wear that kind of shit) - it is fucked up. Jeans? I got that shit worked out by now, but dress shirts that button up - forgettaboutit.

dude, i gave the guy at moores a hardtime picking a suit for me for my graduation
im 5 foot 7 and 198, i can only IMAGINE what its like for you!

and your v taper is just redicoulis so that makes it even harder.

i cant wait to have that problem lol

phlex_ing
12-26-08, 4:43 pm
i have the same problem and i'm not that big, i'm 5'10 and almost 200 pounds but i wear a 30 inch waste. i have to get a 18 1/2 neck in a dress shirt so that makes the shirt way to big and it puts the pocket at about my belly. and jeans are hard to find some times of the year .i'm glad i'm not the only one. i would rather worry about this stuff then being to fat to find any thing that fits or so small that i have to wear kid stuff.

Firefist
12-26-08, 8:08 pm
so small that i have to wear kid stuff.

so true. i know a few.

Psycho77
12-26-08, 8:47 pm
maybe you can have jeans tailored. I do em coz normal jeans, even the baggie ones won't fit right.

Tiny
12-29-08, 6:59 pm
dude, i gave the guy at moores a hardtime picking a suit for me for my graduation
im 5 foot 7 and 198, i can only IMAGINE what its like for you!

and your v taper is just redicoulis so that makes it even harder.

i cant wait to have that problem lol

Dude, my one training partner, Kenny, is like 5'6" or 5'7" at real close to 250 with a crazy small waist - every shirt that he can get on looks like a dress it is so damned long. I did the Christmas services thing the other night and wore my usual "cop out" attire: Dress slacks with a clingy, short sleeved, dressy-type pull-over shirt. It looks at least acceptable and spares me the aggravation and failed attempts at trying to stuff my upper body in a real dress shirt or jacket - it just dosen't work right and it never looks right.