PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions

rocky36
12-23-08, 12:09 am
Ok so everybody has goals, thats why we are here, being the new year im curious as to what some of my fellow animals resolutions are? Are you wanting to gain 20 lbs? loose 20 ? maybe get on stage for the first time or compete in a powerlifting meet ? whatever you goals lets here them...

rocky36
12-23-08, 12:10 am
To start off mine is to bulk up a soild 20 pounds. i weigh 231.2 right now, Aiming for the 250 mark

simpleguy
12-23-08, 12:26 am
I'm really digging this article by Machine about resolutions:

'Resolve to Change
by Machine

I guess it was inevitable given the time of year that the subject of "resolutions" made its way into our collective dumbed-down brains. I must and will rip this moronic, nostalgic and fraudulent, as well as misguided tradition to pieces. I do not believe in committing to actions that I do not consider proper and well thought out. This statement puts me at odds with this annoying national phenomenon right off the bat. The word resolution among many other meanings has the meaning “to progress from dissonance to consonance.” In the short verse this word decries an individual that has failed to realize his predetermined goal or mission and has not lived according to the principles in keeping with what he believes to be right.

The second part of this thing is a declaration to himself and the world that even though he has failed to toe the line in everyday life thus far, all will be made right and proper, and all transgressions will be forgiven with this self help mantra. Further, as a group we can now all let out a self assured delusional sigh of, “I’m just like him and he’s like me, we all make mistakes”. I will not concede that. I have not been a hypocrite... I have walked it like I talked it. I have scars, there have been battles along the way that range farther in scope than a single year.

The fact is, I made a decision long ago that was based on a need for truth and the desire to surround myself with trials and treacherous journeys. That decision forged my path... From then on I was and I remain focused on my individual road. I am amazed at how my life impacts others around me and how my life is impacted by the journey. There are no mistakes if the path you choose is for the right reasons and there need be no apologies or concessions made by you to anyone if you live with honor everyday of your life.

I need no “resolution” to bond me in kinship with millions of people who stand screaming at the rain. I see what they do not. If you are the one who forges the chains you wear, you get no pat on the back for “resolving” to break them. I never heard of a more ridiculous tradition than lying to yourself for 365 days and, on the first day of the new year, patting yourself on the back for your failures and laying the foundation for another 365 days of lies.

If you are willing to put down your chains of your own volition without prompting, then you might be able to live one new day at a time for yourself and for the right reasons. You can live this life any way you want to... Just don’t think you have forever to get it right. If you waste too much time lying to yourself, you’ll be left wishing for one more day of truth in exchange for a lifetime of lies. I suggest you make a separate and distinct choice to opt out of the mediocrity plan and choose to change your life rather than talk about “resolutions” you never intend to keep anyway.

So here’s a resolution for your ass... I resolve to spit truth in all aspects and phases of my life. In return you resolve to be real and to drive yourself further than you dreamed possible.'

bigffmike
12-23-08, 9:37 am
I have't seen that article yet, It is sweet.. Thanks for posting it..
As for my New years res I want to drop about 20+ lbs of Fucking Fat, then bulk some solid animinal muscle.. oh and eat clean food..

J Wong
12-23-08, 9:45 am
Well I'm not waiting for the New Year to do my thing, but I do have some goals I want to accomplish by 2010.

I'm going to go for a big, but lean look.

Raw 545 deadlift
Raw 385 bench
Raw 545 squat (to depth)

Dingo
12-23-08, 12:19 pm
simpleguy, ya beat me to it. Machine has more than kept his side of the "bargain". Lets all keep ours. We owe it to ourselves.

"In return you resolve to be real and to drive yourself further than you dreamed possible."

shizz702
12-23-08, 12:25 pm
500 lb deadlift
400 lb squat
DB bench press 120's
Dips with 3 pies
Bodyweight strict overhead press

Cellerator65
12-23-08, 5:14 pm
resolution? i have none... except to keep trucking on my journey. I have goals, i'd like to complete them

Goal:
Bench - 315x5
Squat - 405x5
Deadlift - 505x5
Shoulder press - 225x5

Current:
Bench - 275x3
Squat - 315x5
Deadlift - 405x7
Shoulder Press - 185x3

To me, i have to set my goals high to keep my drive alive... why settle for something, i want more

InkdMuscle
12-23-08, 7:10 pm
I have a show in march im prep'n for. So all i want for xmas is my abs and new years is to keep them.

BamBam
12-23-08, 9:50 pm
To rule the world....seriously...who wouldn't wanna do that! hehe...Uhm, but if I don't do that, then I would just say I have no real resolutions other than to just try and be the best man I can be.

IN IRON,
BB-

dreamBIG
12-23-08, 10:01 pm
Well for me,
Raise Bench to 250 range,
Raise Deadlift to 300 range,
Raise Squat to 300 range,

as for my weight I want to weight 220.

MVP
12-23-08, 11:14 pm
Ok so everybody has goals, thats why we are here, being the new year im curious as to what some of my fellow animals resolutions are? Are you wanting to gain 20 lbs? loose 20 ? maybe get on stage for the first time or compete in a powerlifting meet ? whatever you goals lets here them...

Good thread...

My resolution is to kick my training level up a few notches. My max bench press has ended this year with a 280lbs. PB, the maximum squat being at 335lbs., standing overhead press being at 160lbs., and deadlift being at 355lbs. With a PB BodyWeight at 204lbs.

I want to have next year the most advanced training year of my life. More progress that year then anytime.

In example,

December 2009:- Bench Press (335lbs)
Squat (405lbs)
Deadlift (455lbs)
Standing Press (205lbs)
BodyWeight: 205lbs.

rocky36
12-23-08, 11:17 pm
Good thread...

My resolution is to kick my training level up a few notches. My max bench press has ended this year with a 280lbs. PB, the maximum squat being at 335lbs., standing overhead press being at 160lbs., and deadlift being at 355lbs. With a PB BodyWeight at 204lbs.

I want to have next year the most advanced training year of my life. More progress that year then anytime.

In example,

December 2009:- Bench Press (335lbs)
Squat (405lbs)
Deadlift (455lbs)
Standing Press (205lbs)
BodyWeight: 205lbs.

nice goals, being so young im sure you will easily get them in the next year probably sooner if you got a good program and your diet is in check

deanna7272
12-23-08, 11:30 pm
My resolution is to be "IMPROVE" and become "BETTER" in 2009.

I did 2 shows, trying to find my niche, in 2008. Coming off of a 60+ pound weightloss and only "serious" training less than 5 months before my 1st show and doing a second show 4 months later. ((I comp dieted all about about 5 weeks from Dec 07 until mid September 08.)) I didn't know what a rebound was, how it would affect my body, how I would change, or what was coming next. ((I STILL don't know what changes I have made until my next round of comp prep begins.)) I now have a little over 1 year if training under my belt and I am just focusing on "IMPROVEMENT".

I have NO IDEA what my limits are, so I will not set ANY boundaries.
Every day is a NEW day...

I look at it this way, SO MANY resolutions are broken and as long as I "IMPROVE", my resolution can not be broken.

Big Wides
12-23-08, 11:43 pm
To be better than 2009 in all aspects of living....becoming a more rounded indvidual who won't quit or back down from any challenge that I come upon. Just to forge forward on my never ending quest for what lies out there for me, don't know what it is but I am sure as hell going to go balls out trying to find out what it is.

BamBam
12-24-08, 12:50 am
My resolution is to be "IMPROVE" and become "BETTER" in 2009.

I did 2 shows, trying to find my niche, in 2008. Coming off of a 60+ pound weightloss and only "serious" training less than 5 months before my 1st show and doing a second show 4 months later. ((I comp dieted all about about 5 weeks from Dec 07 until mid September 08.)) I didn't know what a rebound was, how it would affect my body, how I would change, or what was coming next. ((I STILL don't know what changes I have made until my next round of comp prep begins.)) I now have a little over 1 year if training under my belt and I am just focusing on "IMPROVEMENT".

I have NO IDEA what my limits are, so I will not set ANY boundaries.
Every day is a NEW day...

I look at it this way, SO MANY resolutions are broken and as long as I "IMPROVE", my resolution can not be broken.

To be better than 2009 in all aspects of living....becoming a more rounded indvidual who won't quit or back down from any challenge that I come upon. Just to forge forward on my never ending quest for what lies out there for me, don't know what it is but I am sure as hell going to go balls out trying to find out what it is.

I like this angle...or..."mindset" if you will. My mentors never cease to amaze!

I will say this...if we are going to post numbers...then here we go...

Bench- 500 lbs raw (belt and wrist wraps)
Dead- 800 lbs raw (belt and wrist wraps...no straps)
Squat- 700 lbs belt and wraps
Clean and Press- 405 lbs (getting back into doing these)

Thats about it numbers wise I guess. Other than that...I again need to, as Wides and D' put it, improve and better myself all around...

IN IRON,
BB-

jeff00z28
12-24-08, 1:27 am
squat 545, bench 385, d/l 675. and to stay cut and in shape

Psycho77
12-24-08, 1:39 am
keep the injuries to a minimum

DanTheMan
12-24-08, 3:54 pm
all these goals make me wanna reassess mine... good job guys. keep us posted.

atrain11b
12-24-08, 4:06 pm
My goal is to begin paving my road into Power Lifting, a very long road. However I will be more like Power Building. I need to maintain a very lean BF%, and still be able to run 2 miles in under 16 minutes, preferably, less then 14 minutes. Goal is to stay in the 181lb weight class.

With that said, here are my goals, by this time next year (all 1 rep):

Squat: 375
Bench: 300
Dead: 425
Row: 250

These are what I think is obtainable based off my current maxes.

jeff00z28
12-24-08, 4:28 pm
I like this angle...or..."mindset" if you will. My mentors never cease to amaze!

I will say this...if we are going to post numbers...then here we go...

Bench- 500 lbs raw (belt and wrist wraps)
Dead- 800 lbs raw (belt and wrist wraps...no straps)
Squat- 700 lbs belt and wraps
Clean and Press- 405 lbs (getting back into doing these)

Thats about it numbers wise I guess. Other than that...I again need to, as Wides and D' put it, improve and better myself all around...

IN IRON,
BB-

are u serious? thats awesome

born0withno0soul
12-24-08, 4:35 pm
i just want to keep strong and healthy so i can rep out another year and keep growing

BamBam
12-25-08, 6:56 pm
are u serious? thats awesome

Yes sir...always serious about the Iron! But thanks bro...I hope you can achieve the greatness you set before yourself and if ya need any help...we are all here for ya!

Feel The Power
12-25-08, 7:31 pm
my goal for the new year is to compete in my first show. I always psych myself out and say I am not big enough or I didn't get lean enough. I'm just gonna do it no matter if I win or come in last. I just want to do it to see what I can do.

DreamZero
12-25-08, 8:15 pm
Snatch my BW

BamBam
12-26-08, 10:18 am
my goal for the new year is to compete in my first show. I always psych myself out and say I am not big enough or I didn't get lean enough. I'm just gonna do it no matter if I win or come in last. I just want to do it to see what I can do.

Brother...coming from someone who has competed...or shit, ask anyone...You will never be "lean enough" or "big enough". Just comes with being who weare and never being complacent

mritter3
12-26-08, 11:52 pm
gotta have some goals, otherwise what the hell is the point, right now my weight is sitting around 185-187 i would like to get up to be around 215 and shredded.