PDA

View Full Version : The holidays are EVIL!!!

jayanticoli
12-23-08, 3:15 pm
anyone find themselves at random celebratons at work and xmas parties with family eating decent holiday food but that occasional shit candy and such that u just cant avoid during the holidays....i work in an office environment and we get shitloads of candy sent to us by clients so this past week i've found myelf eating a chocolate or two in passing haha...and i'm sure my xmas day diet isnt going to be to healthy either....i'm in a bulk right now but i wanted it to be as clean as possible.....will these few extra cheat days ruin me? anyone else sharing my thoughts on this one?

thatdude111
12-23-08, 4:02 pm
Yea i can relate. I'm cutting and haven't had a cheat meal in about a month so for christmas i'll eat whatever i want and not feel as bad

Psycho77
12-23-08, 4:11 pm
had to attend several parties here and there. was able to evade the beer, whiskey and all that alcoholic booze and the cigarettes, but was powerless against choco cake, sans rival and all other forms of sweet creamy dessert.

Vinny G
12-23-08, 4:12 pm
listen, a few holiday goodies are not going to put you over the edge.

now, i can see if you had a contest in a week or 2....but enjoying some good food on what ever holiday you celebrate is what its all about.

eat it, enjoy it....and STOP being a mary

Little Z
12-23-08, 4:14 pm

now, i can see if you had a contest in a week or 2....but enjoying some good food on what ever holiday you celebrate is what its all about.

eat it, enjoy it....and being a mary

Vinny

you wont have to tell me twice brother..

NPRamirez
12-23-08, 5:00 pm
had to attend several parties here and there. was able to evade the beer, whiskey and all that alcoholic booze and the cigarettes, but was powerless against choco cake, sans rival and all other forms of sweet creamy dessert.

Wow. We are COMPLETE opposites when it comes to consumption desires.

NPRamirez
12-23-08, 5:00 pm

And I agree but don't get too laid back!

Mase64
12-23-08, 6:36 pm
this going to be hard not to indulge myself into the fine foods, ill jsut eat extra shrimp

Pizzalamp
12-23-08, 7:11 pm
the only reason i dont eat junk is so my face doesnt break out
at work we have so many cookies and brownies this week
but i find if im tempted to eat sweet treats ill just smell the food really good and get a nice scent of it...its like guiltfree cheating

Elite
12-23-08, 7:20 pm
The Holidays are called as such for a reason and they are also in short supply, so make the most of them. Love your family, your friends and even your food, no matter how far off the macronutrient scale it falls.

Use the Holidays as a freggin holiday and recuperate & replenish what you batter the shit out of the other 51 weeks of the year.

MVP
12-23-08, 9:08 pm
anyone find themselves at random celebratons at work and xmas parties with family eating decent holiday food but that occasional shit candy and such that u just cant avoid during the holidays....i work in an office environment and we get shitloads of candy sent to us by clients so this past week i've found myelf eating a chocolate or two in passing haha...and i'm sure my xmas day diet isnt going to be to healthy either....i'm in a bulk right now but i wanted it to be as clean as possible.....will these few extra cheat days ruin me? anyone else sharing my thoughts on this one?

People can call me Scrudge. But I don't enjoy the holidays, except for Halloween and New Years. I don't like the Christmas songs, the cold weather, the Christmas lights, the bells ringing, etc.

I much prefer summertime.

Little Z
12-23-08, 9:11 pm
People can call me Scrudge. But I don't enjoy the holidays, except for Halloween and New Years. I don't like the Christmas songs, the cold weather, the Christmas lights, the bells ringing, etc.

I much prefer summertime.

im sorry..

Happy Holidays..

bigffmike
12-24-08, 8:41 am
Yea i can relate. I'm cutting and haven't had a cheat meal in about a month so for christmas i'll eat whatever i want and not feel as bad

I am doing the same. I kinda plan on it every year

phlex_ing
12-24-08, 10:34 am
ya'll should read the info Shizz posted about Caloric Excess. seems to fit this conversation.

GJN5002
12-24-08, 10:51 am
I agree with the notion that you should enjoy the holidays within limits. I kept the diet in check all December long. I havent had a single cookie, doughnut, etc, etc at work (because someone brings in tons of junk everyday). The reward will be eating whatever treats I want at my few holiday gatherings. Honestly, we have better metabolism than most people and burn more calories in a day than some do all week, a few extra cheat meals arent going to turn anyone into a fat load. If anything the extra calories may help in recovery and growth for the new year.

Thetasteofink69
12-24-08, 2:33 pm
I'm in keto right now.. No carbs.. It blows..

Psycho77
12-27-08, 6:30 am
Wow. We are COMPLETE opposites when it comes to consumption desires.

lol. the reason why I can fight off the alcoholic binge more easily is coz I already have a fucked up liver from rampant drinking when I was younger.

simpleguy
12-27-08, 7:14 am

I'm with Vinny here... as he said, it's no big deal unless you got a contest really soon

simpleguy
12-27-08, 7:21 am
one of my fav quotes, I think Evan said it: 'person first, bodybuilder second'

Joker-Roo
12-27-08, 12:11 pm
I love it right now, Bulking, I am eating everything in sight!

Andru

J-Dawg
12-27-08, 12:16 pm
The holidays fit right into my bulking routine and as long as it's within reason, I eat whatever I want. I don't get craving for the sweet stuff, just the good foods-- turkey, ham, pasta, mashed potatoes, shrimp, fish, etc. Never was one to eat the chocolate, cake and cookies b/c it didn't appeal to me. The salty stuff, on the otherhand, is my weakness. You just have to know when to stop and know what you want your physique to look like even when bulking. If you workout hard, ya gotta reward yourself sometimes.

Big Wides
12-27-08, 12:51 pm
The way I look at it is just eat....who gives a shit what it is. Eating like this for what one or two weeks is not going to kill your physique, unless your in a show prep. So eat it up and enjoy the points of life that you normally don't get to the other 50 weeks of the year.

G Diesel
12-27-08, 1:06 pm

Amen, Vinny... Speak the truth.

Nobody is interested in hearing about the "inner conflict" of a bodybuilder during the holidays regarding food consumption. The "struggle" to eat clean. If you live the lifestyle all year long, then do what you want over the holidays. In fact, it will probably help big picture.

Get over yourselves fellas and don't be such drama queens.

Peace, G

Maharg
12-27-08, 1:48 pm
Lol i always thought one of the best parts of the holiday bulk is the sugar cookies an cake always lying around. Nothing like 8 meals of turkey followed by a tray of sugar cookies.

Joker-Roo
12-27-08, 4:31 pm
The way I look at it is just eat....who gives a shit what it is. Eating like this for what one or two weeks is not going to kill your physique, unless your in a show prep. So eat it up and enjoy the points of life that you normally don't get to the other 50 weeks of the year.

.....++1

Pizzalamp
12-27-08, 4:35 pm
i had great food on xmas day
31 mini hot dogs
15 buffalo wings
2 plates of meat lasanga
couple pieces of bread w/ butter
2 pieces of cream cheese apple pie