PDA

View Full Version : So this is Christmas.. and what have you done?

StockRock
12-23-08, 4:54 pm
Last year at this time I weighed 152lbs barely benching 200, pulling 315, and squating 275.

I educated myself on diet and picked up a fork and knife and started growing. I now bench 305, pull 500, and squat 435. Life is good.. and I look huge compared to what I was last year. I now weigh 181lbs. People now days sit and ask me, you did'nt have all this last year.. what the fuck are you taking? Gotta love it.

What have you done in the past year?

StockRock
12-23-08, 4:55 pm
Ohh and I'm 5'5 at 18 years old...

Carpe Diem P.T
12-23-08, 10:40 pm
I have crash cut, crash bulked and lost my way at times but i attained consistancy. that means i won.

StockRock
12-24-08, 12:37 am
good stuff.

dannynb
12-24-08, 2:27 am
Hmmm...well since than I have done 2 shows and planning on more. Become a member on here and have continued to feed my knowledge from my family here. Started a new relationship and strengthened my bond with my 2 rugrats.

sanga
12-24-08, 2:59 am
I collected over £400 for a local childrens home so they could have some presents to open on christmas morning.

ronald1919
12-24-08, 3:29 am
injured my shoulder and my knee, got dumped by my 2 years gf, quit my job and more importantly my ipod got freakin stolen.

really fucked up year. couldnt add a pound to my lifts due to injuries and distractions. still its xmas and i should be thankful. I ll bounce back.

Chief
12-24-08, 3:30 am
Cut down to 260 (lowest weight sense Freshman year) then packed on some quality weight and brought up my lagging back and shoulders. Oh and turned 18 : )

jeff00z28
12-24-08, 4:14 am
took a plunge and joined a new gym and got into powerlifting. graduated day school and got a job

theharjmann
12-24-08, 4:23 am
Graduated from University, got a job as an accountant, put on some serious mass, and trained like an animal....im living back home now, but a couple of weeks ago i went back to my university gym and did a session there....i tell you i felt like crying when a couple of dudes came up to who i have never talked to before and said "bro the gym hasn't been the same without you man...you bring a new hardcore to the atmosphere." That is thanks to all you boys on this forum, especially G Diesel. Thanks guys.

Peace

Big C
12-24-08, 6:26 am
Real good stuff there. That's what it's all about.

I collected over £400 for a local childrens home so they could have some presents to open on christmas morning.

wedge
12-24-08, 10:17 am

I doubt you did that for a pat on the back brother. But, it shows your heart is just as big as the rest of your muscles.

Dingo
12-24-08, 11:36 am
got married, now have kid on the way (honeymoon baby, just like in the movies) also, finally got the biggest db's in the gym off the floor for db rows and incline db presses. They are only 120lbers small potatoes to alot of you, but to be able to kick them up in an incline position and press them for reps (4), its been a long time comin and a promies to myself kept that before Christmas this year i'd get em. I got em up last Tuesday. ok nuff nut powderin.

Congrats to everyone for reachin, breakin, movin and competin on those pr's, bodyweights, shows, and just for flat out keepin at it all year long. Consistency and hard work pays off for us all.

BamBam
12-24-08, 12:21 pm

The real reason for the season...Good shit Sanga! Mass Respect bro!

InkdMuscle
12-24-08, 6:07 pm
Well I have reached many milestones in my life since last xmas. the biggest one is the weight loss of 100lbs. And now I am prep'n for my first show in 09.

StockRock
12-24-08, 6:26 pm
that is unreal. congrats.

prowrestler
12-24-08, 7:27 pm
i made huge behind the scenes cennections with WWE.

i got a good job for my age and its connections

i gained another 20+ pounds. probably more

i stood up to a crazy potential girlfriend lol

i got hurt 5 times

i started powerlifting this summer

lost all my old friends from highschool due to graduation, met new ones (like 4 lol)

still havent drank in my life or done recreational drugs

horrible christmas but whatever, its just a date to me now.

i recovered my squat technique after a 2 year injury

guess thats it.

shizz702
12-24-08, 7:45 pm
Deadlifted 425 lbs.

Srict overhead pressed 185 lbs.

Those are the two biggest lifting milestones I hit this year.

arsilva
12-24-08, 9:23 pm
Started training as a bodybuilder around this time last year.
Added ~15 lbs.
Learned all the bb'ing poses.
Learned more about bodybuilding in a year than I've learned about anything in school my whole life.
Joined up here a couple weeks ago, which has only heightened my bodybuilding lifestyle.

Feel like I'm a different person walking around now.

phlex_ing
12-26-08, 11:30 am
It’s been a rough year for me. Finished up a divorce, lost a great job, got sued about 3 times and had to move back in with my mom and stepdad. lol oh boy lol

It’s all good thou my kids love me and I love them, thankfully I have them a LOT more then the papers say I should (ex-wife is a whore) I have a much better relationship with my parents this year then I ever have. I have an “ok” job now but next month I’ll start work as a personal trainer and a seals rep. for a big gym and my training is going great! lots of big gains! This year has thought me that every thing in life changes and that's ok , cause it has to be ,and it’s not about where I am but where I’m going.

theharjmann
12-28-08, 4:47 am
It’s been a rough year for me. Finished up a divorce, lost a great job, got sued about 3 times and had to move back in with my mom and stepdad. lol oh boy lol

It’s all good thou my kids love me and I love them, thankfully I have them a LOT more then the papers say I should (ex-wife is a whore) I have a much better relationship with my parents this year then I ever have. I have an “ok” job now but next month I’ll start work as a personal trainer and a seals rep. for a big gym and my training is going great! lots of big gains! This year has thought me that every thing in life changes and that's ok , cause it has to be ,and it’s not about where I am but where I’m going.

keep strong....you are doing well.

Caboco
12-29-08, 3:43 pm
I got a very good job for my age and experience. I met a girl and started a relationship, she is wonderful. Unfortunetly had to spend Christmas alone due to my job, but there is so much to be thankful for. KEEP STRONG

NPRamirez
12-29-08, 7:00 pm
At 6 foot, I've went from 150 lbs, medium bodyfat to 170lbs, very low bodyfat. I started with a bulk and was around 180lbs about 7-8 months in. I went on a serious cut for about 3-4 months and here I am, starting up my bulk again.