PDA

View Full Version : Log Book Falling Apart

DanTheMan
12-24-08, 4:00 pm
Alright so I'm trying to get back into the game, long story short:

I powerlifted for about 2 years because of football and had my bench up to 315 and squat 405 my senior year. I hurt my shoulder and knee because of football, and just stopped lifting altogether. then when summer came around to get serious again, I reassessed my options to lift to hang out with my team and closest friends since it was our last summer together

ANYHOW, getting back into the game since starting college, and for the first time I started keeping a workout log, to track my gains, check my form, motivation, etc.

but I've had it for around 2-3months now and the binding is already fallen apart... should I just scrap this one and get a new one or does anyone have any quick fixes?

Happy holidays

-Danny

Alta0331
12-24-08, 4:06 pm
If you really want to keep it use Duct Tape.. Fixes everything. Use it where the binding is and if you are worried about individual pages falling out, put thin strips in between to keep them in

atrain11b
12-24-08, 4:07 pm
I say keep the old one for reference, but grab a new notebook, for a new you! Have fun destroying your new $1.25 notebook.

DanTheMan
12-25-08, 10:42 am
If you really want to keep it use Duct Tape.. Fixes everything. Use it where the binding is and if you are worried about individual pages falling out, put thin strips in between to keep them in

thanks bud, haha yeah you're right, i have duct tape wrapped around the clips to my gym bag.. it's just that i'm using a composition book and you know how the bindings on the pages don't stick to the spine.. it's going to be a painnn to duct tape that. maybe some double stick tape

I say keep the old one for reference, but grab a new notebook, for a new you! Have fun destroying your new $1.25 notebook.

hahaha-- but the old book was a new book for a new me! it's become apart of me.. since i just started it, it's only about 7 or 8 pages in!

phlex_ing
12-26-08, 11:05 am
i make my own log book. i print out about 300 pages take it to staples or office max and have them bind it and then i slap a animal sticker on it then i'm good to go. it has all my date,time how i feel before the work out and after and how much sleep i got the night before along with what movement i'm doing weight, reps,notes on what i need to fix about my fourm or go up on next time. i take it with me every time i workout. my little girls got a hold of it one day and drew hearts and stuff like that on it,lol,it looks silly some times when i come to one of those pages but i love it any way.

pedraza
12-26-08, 11:13 am
i use to have a data book that i carried around everywhere to, but one day i just stoped useing...no reason just dont need it any more

G Diesel
12-26-08, 11:16 am
Word around the campfire is that The U has something in the works...

Peace, G

Aggression
12-26-08, 11:39 am
Just pick up another one bro. You'll spend $2 MAX. Keep the old one for reference and looking back. Start up a new notebook.

DanTheMan
12-30-08, 1:48 pm
i make my own log book. i print out about 300 pages take it to staples or office max and have them bind it and then i slap a animal sticker on it then i'm good to go. it has all my date,time how i feel before the work out and after and how much sleep i got the night before along with what movement i'm doing weight, reps,notes on what i need to fix about my fourm or go up on next time. i take it with me every time i workout. my little girls got a hold of it one day and drew hearts and stuff like that on it,lol,it looks silly some times when i come to one of those pages but i love it any way.

haha gives it character right? nah that's a great idea man, thanks for that

i use to have a data book that i carried around everywhere to, but one day i just stoped useing...no reason just dont need it any more

I never really kept one.. my weight lifting coach always kept logs of our PR's and stuff, but I don't have that luxury anymore; plus, it's a great motivator to see your lifts and progress

Word around the campfire is that The U has something in the works...

Peace, G

Damn it G, you always have partial good news... you just keep us guessing man. haha gimme gimme gimme!

Just pick up another one bro. You'll spend $2 MAX. Keep the old one for reference and looking back. Start up a new notebook.

ahh it's not about the money. it's just i've grown attached and i've only used a fraction of it. i thnk i'm takin' the ducttape route. haha. although, a new notebook for a new year might be good..