PDA

View Full Version : honest opinion

strivin for more
12-25-08, 11:38 am
its almost new years and i was thinking on the progress ive made throughout the year. i started lifting last september at 14 years old, not a clue on the world as to what proper training was. i didnt even get "into" it until summer and started lookin at proper techniques and trying to follow a diet (lets just say it was horrific) but starting late october, i got my act together. i have a good diet, train proper and with good intensity (i dropped sports to lift, i love it) and have a nice split. im 15, 5 foot 11, 168 pounds, benchin 225. i havent tried maxin squats (no partner) and i havent maxed deadlift. i was wondering just how far i could go in a year, the rate im going now. any real life stories of what happened to you? thanks guys. and merry christmas.

futurefreak101
12-25-08, 11:54 am
honestly bro..i ate..slept..lifted..and repeated going on almost 4 years....eat sleep lift repeat..u will grow if your doing it right

InkdMuscle
12-25-08, 12:01 pm
I agree with Freak. You are 15 bro you have a lot of testosterone flowing through your veins right now. So keep on what your doing. Your biggest weapon is going to be proper nutrition. The only thing is in any given year, your accomplishments will only go as far as you push your self. There really is not measurement anyone of us could give to gauge your progress. Just chart down your stepping stones in a log book and each week strive for more then you did the previous. If you are able to get 5 more lbs or knock out a few more reps then you know you are making strides. Stay focused/dedicated/determined and you will reach all your goals in your own time. KEEP IT UP.. HAVE A MERRY X-MAS..

The Young One
12-25-08, 12:48 pm
2 years ago is when I got my first can of animalpak for christmas. since then I have put on 65lbs n my big 3 lifts have gone up over a hundred pounds. get a solid diet n stick with the pak n protein n get motivation from people on the forvm n ur set

MojoMike36
12-25-08, 1:24 pm
45 lbs. in 6.5 months of bulking. Strength has gone way up and things are great.

Are you considering competing or something like that?

Firefist
12-25-08, 6:09 pm
we cant tell you how far your gonna get or how much more progess you will make next year. there is no average growth for a certain age, everyones different. you dictate how far your gonna get by proper and consistent actions and choices. everybody grows different, and in the end, you are your maker.

good luck buddy.

strivin for more
12-25-08, 9:24 pm
no im not lookin to compete or anything, just get big. thanks guys, will do. i love it.

Little Z
12-25-08, 11:21 pm
you are your maker.

Anti.. that sounds SOOOOO familiar bud.. hahaha.. see you Jan 10th bro!