PDA

View Full Version : Cardio while bulking

J 2the att
12-25-08, 1:20 pm
First Merry Christmas to everybody
Now for my question, i know this has been posted before but i just wanted to know how many people do cardio while bulking. How much do you do it? I have been doing 3 intense session for 10 minutes. I still feel that is optimal for me. Have you experienced good gains while incorporating cardio into your workout? Thanx fellas have happy and safe holidays.

richvanv
12-25-08, 4:28 pm
For me I have been doing cardio twice a week on my "off" days, I run for 45 min to an hour at a decent pace for me, and I still feel I am making decent gains. I started bulking early Nov. and have put on 23lbs of what I would consider good weight.

C Daddy
12-25-08, 4:41 pm
First Merry Christmas to everybody
Now for my question, i know this has been posted before but i just wanted to know how many people do cardio while bulking. How much do you do it? I have been doing 3 intense session for 10 minutes. I still feel that is optimal for me. Have you experienced good gains while incorporating cardio into your workout? Thanx fellas have happy and safe holidays.

Merry Christmas to you too bro. Im bulking right now and I hit cardio 2 to 3 times a week at a moderate pace for about 20 minutes. Any more than that and I tend to drop weight. Im seeing some decent gains doing the cardio like that. I started in late Novenber at around 190 and I weighed in today at 205( after a giant christmas dinner) My numbers are going up on my lifts also. I think cardio is a neccesarry evil even on a bulk,just in extreme moderation,especially if youre a hardgainer.

bdb1513
12-25-08, 7:41 pm
I have a pretty hard time putting on weight, so i only do about 10 minutes of cardio once a week, maybe twice if i'm feeling crazy haha.

MVP
12-26-08, 3:02 am
Cardio is fine. It's good for the heart, lungs, blood circulation, and other organs. If you insist on doing cardio, and your goal is to gain weight, just make sure you are making up for the lost calories.

Aggression
12-26-08, 11:33 am
I don't do much cardio. I have a hard time putting on weight. Plus, I put on weight very slowly and cleanly, even while bulking. I might do cardio 1-2x/week, but for the most part, I usually just do 10min on the treadmill before a workout.