PDA

View Full Version : tricep Question

MeanStreet
12-25-08, 7:26 pm
I am wondering if any one else has my problem and has found a way through it. I have a small chest for my body but have big tri's .So i hit the bench very hard and heavy. After my workout yesterday my tri's hurt more than normal i want a serious mass chest workout but dont really need the tri work as much is their a way around this. What do you guys think about half bench reps to keep my tri out of the equasion also what about adding another bench set in my off day which is saturday what would give me 48h off or is one day a week best to gain size
Thanks

prowrestler
12-25-08, 7:36 pm
I am wondering if any one else has my problem and has found a way through it. I have a small chest for my body but have big tri's .So i hit the bench very hard and heavy. After my workout yesterday my tri's hurt more than normal i want a serious mass chest workout but dont really need the tri work as much is their a way around this. What do you guys think about half bench reps to keep my tri out of the equasion also what about adding another bench set in my off day which is saturday what would give me 48h off or is one day a week best to gain size
Thanks

pre exhaust technique

also, just focus on adding 100 pounds to your bench. see if your pecs dont get bigger, work on a wider grip too

and db fly stretches

MeanStreet
12-25-08, 7:43 pm
what is pre exhaust technique

MojoMike36
12-25-08, 7:52 pm
An example of prexhaution would be:

Tricep Pushdowns right into Bench Press.

MVP
12-26-08, 2:59 am
Thanks

How is your grip? The closer your grip comes the more the triceps become involved.

Muscle repairs at different rate for everyone, the amount of protein, water, and rest your muscle is getting are all factors.

Seperate your bench sessions at minimum 3 days apart.

MeanStreet
12-26-08, 10:07 am
thanks alot MVP i think that is my problem (Close Grip) i will find out my next bench day

ionicrod
12-26-08, 12:26 pm
An example of prexhaution would be:

Tricep Pushdowns right into Bench Press.

You do not want to do this, this would be pre-exhausting your tri-ceps before training chest. Thus making it harder to bench.

What you would need to do, is do an isolation exercise for your chest, then do the big chest exercise.. i.e. dumbell flies, then bench press. thats the pre-exhaust technique for your chest.

prowrestler
12-26-08, 1:03 pm
You do not want to do this, this would be pre-exhausting your tri-ceps before training chest. Thus making it harder to bench.

What you would need to do, is do an isolation exercise for your chest, then do the big chest exercise.. i.e. dumbell flies, then bench press. thats the pre-exhaust technique for your chest.

yes, the pre ehhaust menched earlier is incorrect. that would pre fatigue the triceps

theharjmann
12-26-08, 1:23 pm
Do this one day for upper chest, then another day for flat chest stimulus, swapping all exercises to a flat bench:

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=230&section=training

G Diesel is the maaaaaaaan!

Peace

born0withno0soul
12-26-08, 3:21 pm
wider grip should help. and i have say going heavier is a useless idea. go lighter and learn the mind muscle connection with the chest muscles before going heavier.

MojoMike36
12-26-08, 4:38 pm
Ahhhh ya caught me. I guess I can't know everything.

I've prexhausted triceps before benching and plenty of people do use it as a tool to make chest work more.

The common place prexhaustion technique is to exhaust a muscle group and then work it again for great mass and strength yields. As far as I know an example would be Lunges and then squats.

prowrestler
12-26-08, 5:17 pm
Ahhhh ya caught me. I guess I can't know everything.

I've prexhausted triceps before benching and plenty of people do use it as a tool to make chest work more.

The common place prexhaustion technique is to exhaust a muscle group and then work it again for great mass and strength yields. As far as I know an example would be Lunges and then squats.

interesting lunge/squat idea, 2 compounds into each other.

if he has problems with over powering triceps and a weaker chest, your idea does the opposite for him

your pre exhaust is good for destryong the triceps but he needs pec recruition.

something like DB HOLDS into BENCH PRESSING is a good idea

i like sandwiching

-db hold
bench
-db hold again

RK
12-26-08, 6:38 pm
what else do you do for chest? while i think BB bench is great for a full solid chest, its only one piece of the puzzle. I know some people are hardcore BB bench all the time for chest but nothing gets my chest sore like DB work like SS incline press's with incline flye's. but everyone's different it just might be something to try.

sin-city-customs
12-26-08, 8:40 pm
I have gotten best results from:

DB Bench presses
Cable cross unders
Smith Machine (all)
Cable flyes

MeanStreet
12-26-08, 8:52 pm
my chest day starts with incline bench than to flat bench then to dumbell flys to dumbell incline press

i am going to try A SS tommorow (my first time adding a second chest day in my week on my off day ) what do you guys think of that

should i keep reps over 8 or lower as i need mass in my chest

this Forvm is the best advice ever no other site even comes close
thanks for clearing up the pre exhaust idea i was sure that was a bad idea to work my tri's first before i did my press but thanks

RK
12-26-08, 9:39 pm
personally i would not do a second chest day, ur body can only take so much and once a week should be enough to really put a hurting on it. in my opinion it all comes down to the basics lift hard and as heavy as u can for more than 8 reps once a week and just eat till ur ready to explode.....then eat more

mritter3
12-26-08, 10:44 pm
hopefully your grip is wide enough and your squeezing the hell out of your pecs during your chest movements, and if nothing else works go to dumbells i think you can get more isolation with them.

MeanStreet
12-27-08, 5:58 am
Thanks i now know my problem (grip too close ,not focusing my mind in to my pecs Squeezing)ive been just trying to handle the weight. i will put advice to good use

does anybody else think i sould not do chest more then once a week

theharjmann
12-27-08, 7:33 pm
Thanks i now know my problem (grip too close ,not focusing my mind in to my pecs Squeezing)ive been just trying to handle the weight. i will put advice to good use

does anybody else think i sould not do chest more then once a week

if you are doing DC training, then maybe more than once, otherwise at least every 6 days i'd say personally for me....depends on how well you recover.

just another thing.,....whats the harm in starting a chest workout with some heavy ass flyes....nothing hammers the chest more than some dumbell flyes

Peace

MeanStreet
12-31-08, 3:09 pm
thanks alot to the advice to do incline flys before my bench it has been great .i have done it in my last 2 chest days and have seen great gains i have also added a new interum supplement to my cabinet by G.N which is not a animal product so i will keep that to my self but it is great