PDA

View Full Version : Looking for feedback on the clean bulk diet I wrote up

The Underdog
12-26-08, 2:56 pm
Body type - Endomorph
Size - 6'1, 205 lbs.
BF - 18%
Goals - Increase Lean Mass and Strength immediately, Reduce body fat over a 3 month span

Supplements taken:

Creatine
Pre-workout Drink
Test Booster
Meal replacement "Lean Mass" shake
Whey
Casein
Multivitamin (animal pak)

( This will be month 1 of the diet with a focus on strength. Month 2 will have a slight reduction in calories and carbs with Month 3 continuing the reduction. The workout for the first month will be pulled from the February 2009 issue of Muscle and Fitness and can be found on page 175, if anyone reads that publication )

Breakfast (meal # 1)
mass shake w/ peanut butter & lowfat milk – 930 calories, 68 protein, 89 carbs, 33 fat

Pre-Workout (meal # 2)
1 scoop whey and Banana – 235 calories, 24 protein, 30 carbs, 1 fat
2 scoops Pre-workout supp. – 50 calories, 0 protein, 12 carbs, 0 fat
Totals – 285 calories, 24 protein, 42 carbs, 2 fat

Post-Workout (meal # 3)
Creatine, 2 scoops whey, Gatorade – 595 calories, 48 protein, 89 carbs, 3 fat

Lunch & Mid-day Snack (split into two meals - 4 & 5, 2.5-3 hours apart)
Box of whole grain pasta, two cans of tuna – 1,048 calories, 87 protein, 124 carbs, 20 fat

Dinner (meal 6)
Two laura’s beef burgers, fat free cheese, two cups brown rice, two cups salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing – 1,100 calories, 55 protein, 115 carbs, 35 fats

Nighttime Snack ( Meal 7 )
Scoop casein protein, 1 % milk, packet of oatmeal, 2 small spoonfuls of PB – 450 calories, 36 protein, 34 carbs, 15 fat

Total Macros - 4,408 calories, 318 grams of protein, 493 carbs, 108 grams fat

- Thanks

MojoMike36
12-26-08, 3:30 pm
Body type - Endomorph
Size - 6'1, 205 lbs.
BF - 18%
Goals - Increase Lean Mass and Strength immediately, Reduce body fat over a 3 month span

Supplements taken:

Creatine
Pre-workout Drink
Test Booster
Meal replacement "Lean Mass" shake
Whey
Casein
Multivitamin (animal pak)

( This will be month 1 of the diet with a focus on strength. Month 2 will have a slight reduction in calories and carbs with Month 3 continuing the reduction. The workout for the first month will be pulled from the February 2009 issue of Muscle and Fitness and can be found on page 175, if anyone reads that publication )

Breakfast (meal # 1)
mass shake w/ peanut butter & lowfat milk – 930 calories, 68 protein, 89 carbs, 33 fat

Pre-Workout (meal # 2)
1 scoop whey and Banana – 235 calories, 24 protein, 30 carbs, 1 fat
2 scoops Pre-workout supp. – 50 calories, 0 protein, 12 carbs, 0 fat
Totals – 285 calories, 24 protein, 42 carbs, 2 fat

Post-Workout (meal # 3)
Creatine, 2 scoops whey, Gatorade – 595 calories, 48 protein, 89 carbs, 3 fat

Lunch & Mid-day Snack (split into two meals - 4 & 5, 2.5-3 hours apart)
Box of whole grain pasta, two cans of tuna – 1,048 calories, 87 protein, 124 carbs, 20 fat

Dinner (meal 6)
Two laura’s beef burgers, fat free cheese, two cups brown rice, two cups salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing – 1,100 calories, 55 protein, 115 carbs, 35 fats

Nighttime Snack ( Meal 7 )
Scoop casein protein, 1 % milk, packet of oatmeal, 2 small spoonfuls of PB – 450 calories, 36 protein, 34 carbs, 15 fat

Total Macros - 4,408 calories, 318 grams of protein, 493 carbs, 108 grams fat

- Thanks

Looks fine. If you were ecto or meso I'd say drink creatine/whey shake during workout then eat after but since you're end thats fine.

krazyassmexican
12-26-08, 3:35 pm
make sure the olive oil you are using is extra virgin otherwise it wil be useless, measure your pb with the scale 2 spoonfulls of it is more than 15grams of fat, also replace the fat free cheese for low fat,

The Underdog
12-26-08, 3:39 pm
make sure the olive oil you are using is extra virgin otherwise it wil be useless, measure your pb with the scale 2 spoonfulls of it is more than 15grams of fat, also replace the fat free cheese for low fat,

Thanks. The Olive Oil i'm using is extra virgin and I'll switch the cheese.

krazyassmexican
12-26-08, 3:42 pm
Thanks. The Olive Oil i'm using is extra virgin and I'll switch the cheese.

good luck and happy bulkin

simpleguy
12-26-08, 4:02 pm
if you're an endomorph as you say, 500g of carbs a day might be too high... even though you're trying to add strength here, I doubt it'll be affected if you drop those carbs to 300, maybe 350... just my two cents

The Underdog
12-26-08, 4:29 pm
if you're an endomorph as you say, 500g of carbs a day might be too high... even though you're trying to add strength here, I doubt it'll be affected if you drop those carbs to 300, maybe 350... just my two cents

I had thought about that, but the article I read that helped me create this diet said it would be okay. The last time I clean bulked, I did about 400-430 and I actually lost some BF. I'm going to be doing a lot of really heavy-low rep sets so I'm hoping that puts the carbs into good use. My BF % is a big concern for me, as I'm not comfortable where it is, but I'm also not comfortable where my strength is as well. I guess I could always just start the diet as is, and if I notice that my energy levels are okay and the jeans are fitting a little more snug than I'd like, I can always drop them then like you said?

sin-city-customs
12-26-08, 8:21 pm
What are "Laura's beef patties" ? And where do you buy them? Its just that all the ones I have bought are shit. I just make them myself. Would rather buy if possible. I too am bulking until Feb 1. First time I have really tried to bulk.

Thanks,
Dave

The Underdog
12-26-08, 9:29 pm
What are "Laura's beef patties" ? And where do you buy them? Its just that all the ones I have bought are shit. I just make them myself. Would rather buy if possible. I too am bulking until Feb 1. First time I have really tried to bulk.

Thanks,
Dave

http://www.laurasleanbeef.com/aboutOurBeef/products.php

I buy the lean beef patties and cook them on my george foreman grill with a little Mrs. Dash hamburger flavor seasoning and they turn out really well. You can buy them at most grocery stores...They're 8.99 here for 8 of them....not sure what they'll cost where you're living.

Pizzalamp
12-26-08, 9:51 pm
i eat the same lauras beef patties...theyre my fav

if it were me id reduce carbs a bit

simpleguy
12-27-08, 1:46 am
The last time I clean bulked, I did about 400-430 and I actually lost some BF.

then you might have to reconsider your body type, an endomorph would def put on fat with that

Little Z
12-27-08, 4:09 am
Hey Joe,

Im gonna agree with the guys about lowing the carbs a bit. For you to hit your goals, try lookin
at droppin those carbs down. I hate sounding like im repeating what everyone says, but theres
no way im gonna leave my boy on here and not support him. Like KAM said, EVOO is the way and
go to a nice LF cheese. Just keep your head straight, you know im here if you need anything
just hit me up or give me a ring. Im gonna try and make it down there and see how you're doin with
the bulk, that or ill drag your ass back up here or we'll hit Columbus. Good luck, and keep us all posted
on your progress. If I know you like I think I do, you will do an amazing log and write up for us to
check out when you DO hit your goals.

Hell start up a journey, so we can SUB to it and get the updates when you write em up bro.

The Underdog
12-27-08, 12:11 pm
Hey Joe,

Im gonna agree with the guys about lowing the carbs a bit. For you to hit your goals, try lookin
at droppin those carbs down. I hate sounding like im repeating what everyone says, but theres
no way im gonna leave my boy on here and not support him. Like KAM said, EVOO is the way and
go to a nice LF cheese. Just keep your head straight, you know im here if you need anything
just hit me up or give me a ring. Im gonna try and make it down there and see how you're doin with
the bulk, that or ill drag your ass back up here or we'll hit Columbus. Good luck, and keep us all posted
on your progress. If I know you like I think I do, you will do an amazing log and write up for us to
check out when you DO hit your goals.

Hell start up a journey, so we can SUB to it and get the updates when you write em up bro.

Z,

Thank you for all your advice and support man, you've been a great help/friend. We definitley need to get together one of these days. I'll definitley be keeping track of all my progress through a journal/log. I'm going to try to do everything I can to get where I want to get by May.

A big thanks to everyone else for their feedback on my diet too, I really appreciate it.

Little Z
12-28-08, 8:41 pm
Z,

Thank you for all your advice and support man, you've been a great help/friend. We definitley need to get together one of these days. I'll definitley be keeping track of all my progress through a journal/log. I'm going to try to do everything I can to get where I want to get by May.

A big thanks to everyone else for their feedback on my diet too, I really appreciate it.

No trying bro. You will do it. And we will all be here along the way to help you out, anyway we can.