PDA

View Full Version : Your all Front, cos you aint got no back!

Carpe Diem P.T
12-28-08, 12:55 am
I was amazed to walk around the local shopping centre during christmas. It was so busy but what i was amazed at was to see so many fit looking people. Something was wrong with these folk though. They didnt look like me. They had big arms, big shoulders but side on they seemed to disappear. Thats when I realised, They Had no Back!

Now i understand the importance of working your back. it really does give you that thickness.

Dont be a fool, get back!

Firefist
12-28-08, 1:15 am
back day is my favorite day.

arsilva
12-28-08, 1:35 am
my back's the only reason i don't have a "beach boy bod"...gotta get back to the kitchen now...

simpleguy
12-28-08, 2:24 am
They didnt look like me. They had big arms, big shoulders but side on they seemed to disappear. Thats when I realised, They Had no Back!

Now i understand the importance of working your back. it really does give you that thickness.

I know this will make you think I'm a douche, or that I have something with you...

but did you just realize that now? (serious, no pun intended)

Carpe Diem P.T
12-28-08, 3:17 am
We all know that working back gives you thickness, its in a million books and on forums everywhere, but until you see how people look that obviously dont work it at all, you dont realise the difference it can make.

Big C
12-28-08, 11:41 am
x2. Some people have no clue as to what a back workout is though, sadly enough.

back day is my favorite day.

Firefist
12-28-08, 11:55 am
yeah, everyone these days thinks wide pulls, narrow pulls and machine rows is enough for back for some reason...wheres the deads? wheres the bor's? one arms? tbars?

futurefreak101
12-28-08, 11:58 am
i dont understand why people wouldnt work back/

simpleguy
12-28-08, 12:09 pm
i dont understand why people wouldnt work back/

I do... they think all it takes to look good is having abs and some decent guns (also a built chest)

but usually those who don't train back are also the ones who don't train legs

I'd add this as well: a lot of people are actually doing back work, but they focus almost all of it on wideness (which is why they lack thickness)... they do a couple of sets of pullups and some sets of cable pulldowns and they're done with back

Elite
12-28-08, 12:32 pm
If anything, i appear from the side and dissapear from the front. Im all back/chest & no shoulders/arms.

Carpe Diem P.T
12-28-08, 5:00 pm
i think you can see in this pic that i dont really have shoulders. im mostly triceps and you can see where my shoulders disappear and traps come in. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/bradlove/n691572712_572655_5708.jpg

The Sun
12-28-08, 5:06 pm
Luckily you weren't able to watch them wheelz.
get wheelz.

Pizzalamp
12-28-08, 5:16 pm
back day
grab your straps
grab your belt
feel the barbell in your hands...row row row...feel the squeeze... feel the contraction... feel the stretch...feel the growth
pull your body up
pull your body up high
pull your body away from the dissapointments of the past
pull your body away from the limits you place on your growth
pull your body up to the bar and hold...hold...hold until you feel every last fiber in your back screaming...and then hold some more
Step up to the bar
Wrap your hands around the bar so tight you could snap the steel in half
Clear your mind of every distraction
Clear your mind of every fear
Forget your bills...forget your girl nagging you...forget the doubters who think you can't do it...squat down and pull that damn monster off the ground...one rep...two reps...three reps..hell you could go all day
Feel the burn in your lungs as you keep repping...feel the bar ripping the skin off your shins...feel the eyes of every weekend warrior watching you...Feel the eyes of every gladiator in the gym watching you...but you don't care...youre doing this not for them...but for you
The workout is done...the body is trashed...physcially you are toast...nothing left in the tank...but mentally youre ready to do it all over again...you live for this stuff...go home and rest and grow and come back next week and do it all over again

In iron

shizz702
12-28-08, 5:22 pm
Damn right you can definitely tell when someone doesn't work their back, or legs. And it's a shame that so many neglect those parts cause they are the most important parts of the body, containing the most musculature and power.

jeff00z28
12-29-08, 4:05 am
go into a popular bar or club and thats all there is lulz.

ionicrod
12-29-08, 1:01 pm
ha, this is describing mostly everyone at both gyms i go too. My college gym is worse though, all those guys in there just training arms and chest. ha, mainly training arms.