PDA

View Full Version : Give Back

Machine
12-28-08, 9:35 am
While I am of the opinion that while one should live life everyday in a way that personifies the concept of aggression in the form of an attacking, swarming, mutating beast. And to that aim, one must act as if every single day holds great purpose and meaning. I am also cognizant of the fact that often times, a person's life comes down to very few moments of pure impact or meaning. To hammer home this point, it is optimal to consider the impact your life has had on others...and to the extent that your life had not been lived to this point; how many people's lives would be either positively or negatively affected by the absence of your own life.

This can be a very useful exercise...especially around this time of year, when nostalgia and longing for better times can cause even the most mentally rigid among us to doubt the grand plan...as it were. So take a minute, if you got one, to jot down a few lines about that moment of pure impact that changed your life forever. Possibly a person, that had an overwhelming affect on your life...or conversely, a person whom might not have made it without your help and guidance. I can run down a very short list of moments that were critical to my life's progress (which is far from being fully developeded) Places and times when I could have either made my mark...or fallen by the wayside. People, (some had a very negative affect on me, and some a positive one) nevertheless, people that came into my life to make some sort of imprint on me. Perhaps you have a tale to tell that might inspire some one else to never give up on their dreams or their life.

MACHINE

InkdMuscle
12-28-08, 2:10 pm
While I am of the opinion that while one should live life everyday in a way that personifies the concept of aggression in the form of an attacking, swarming, mutating beast. And to that aim, one must act as if every single day holds great purpose and meaning. I am also cognizant of the fact that often times, a person's life comes down to very few moments of pure impact or meaning. To hammer home this point, it is optimal to consider the impact your life has had on others...and to the extent that your life had not been lived to this point; how many people's lives would be either positively or negatively affected by the absence of your own life.

This can be a very useful exercise...especially around this time of year, when nostalgia and longing for better times can cause even the most mentally rigid among us to doubt the grand plan...as it were. So take a minute, if you got one, to jot down a few lines about that moment of pure impact that changed your life forever. Possibly a person, that had an overwhelming affect on your life...or conversely, a person whom might not have made it without your help and guidance. I can run down a very short list of moments that were critical to my life's progress (which is far from being fully developeded) Places and times when I could have either made my mark...or fallen by the wayside. People, (some had a very negative affect on me, and some a positive one) nevertheless, people that came into my life to make some sort of imprint on me. Perhaps you have a tale to tell that might inspire some one else to never give up on their dreams or their life.

MACHINE

One of my good friends who i met in college was very over weight. She had seen my dedication i put in to this lifestyle and how happy i had become and how my self confidence has skyrocketed. Not to mention my swagger and market value has gone through the roof(but i dont have a big head).. So she asked for my help to "kick her in the ass" so to speak and help her out with loosing weight. Well i help'd her on how to eat and train.. As of Aug 08 till present she informed me that she has lost a total of 40lbs so far. She is looking really good. I know my friends health is for the better now, and her confidence and self image has changed dramatically and she is happy 110% more then she ever was!

wedge
12-29-08, 1:11 pm
One of my good friends who i met in college was very over weight. She had seen my dedication i put in to this lifestyle and how happy i had become and how my self confidence has skyrocketed. Not to mention my swagger and market value has gone through the roof(but i dont have a big head).. So she asked for my help to "kick her in the ass" so to speak and help her out with loosing weight. Well i help'd her on how to eat and train.. As of Aug 08 till present she informed me that she has lost a total of 40lbs so far. She is looking really good. I know my friends health is for the better now, and her confidence and self image has changed dramatically and she is happy 110% more then she ever was!

I've kind of done the same. I've been helping a friend eat and workout better. Most of the information I am sharing I have gotten from here.

bigffmike
12-29-08, 1:18 pm
I've kind of done the same. I've been helping a friend eat and workout better. Most of the information I am sharing I have gotten from here.

I also have been helping some fellow co-workers get into better shape. I have gotten most of my stuff from the forum and my fellow animals.
It is like "paying it forward"
Nice post Machine