PDA

View Full Version : What you think of creatine?

redskin 344
12-28-08, 5:28 pm
yea...just pick one:

redskin 344
12-28-08, 5:38 pm
I tried to post a poll but it wouldnt let me so just choose a number I guess:

1) It is an unfair advantage over lifters who do not take creatine. I am afraid that if I am huge and super strong and people knew that I was supplementing with creatine all this time, they would not have as much respect for me and I would not have as much respect for myself

2) It is not cheating. Our bodys contain large amounts of creatine already and I am just giving it more.

3) Neither of the above..then what?

If this thread is stupid then just let me know. I dont wanna feel like an idiot and make you guys go through this when you probably have a million times with others.

Pizzalamp
12-28-08, 5:49 pm
i love creatine
i pick #2

simpleguy
12-28-08, 6:24 pm
If this thread is stupid then just let me know

no, but the whole concept behind number 1 sounds ............... laughable to say the least

prowrestler
12-28-08, 9:20 pm
3)

answere: LOL

no such thing as an unfair advantage, everyone has acces to the same shit so its all fair game

Brick By Brick
12-28-08, 11:40 pm
#2. Long time user, long time fan.

castilo
12-29-08, 12:12 am
i think it is unnecessary. if you want to blow you money off you could buy extra supp. but my adivce is to stick with the basics. good ol whey protein.

Psycho77
12-29-08, 12:40 am
3)

answere: LOL

no such thing as an unfair advantage, everyone has acces to the same shit so its all fair game

x2

simpleguy
12-29-08, 3:20 am
i think it is unnecessary. if you want to blow you money off you could buy extra supp. but my adivce is to stick with the basics. good ol whey protein.

to each his own, but creatine is pretty basic in my book

sin-city-customs
12-29-08, 4:32 am
Never noticed any REAL difference taking creatine.

h 3 L L b 0 y
12-29-08, 6:26 am
no, but the whole concept behind number 1 sounds ............... laughable to say the least

Well not really, I've had guys say to me 'oh you're only so big because you take creatine'. It gives them something to bitch about. I'd rather it take me a little while longer to get bigger and get accredited the full amount.. But I'm still a regular user. I just don't go around openly admitting I use it.

krazyassmexican
12-29-08, 6:45 am
according to various gurus creatine monohydrate is the best supplement ever invented

simpleguy
12-29-08, 6:56 am
Well not really, I've had guys say to me 'oh you're only so big because you take creatine'. It gives them something to bitch about. I'd rather it take me a little while longer to get bigger and get accredited the full amount.. But I'm still a regular user. I just don't go around openly admitting I use it.

I don't even look too good, and I've had the finger pointed various times... I do openly admit I use it because I don't feel like my progress is so much due to creatine and I am not ashamed of myself, so I don't feel any reason to hide what I am doing

I wouldn't care about these type of guys' opinion, because they either are

1) retarded

2) uneducated about basic supplements, meaning they don't know anything about them so they shouldn't make any comments in that area - which means refer to number 1

listen, we see on TV or on the streets everyday people who seems weird to us, or who do unexplainable things... but I am not the one to judge them, especially if I don't know their reasons behind their actions... see my point?

sanga
12-29-08, 7:38 am
Storm!

krazyassmexican
12-29-08, 8:17 am
I don't even look too good, and I've had the finger pointed various times... I do openly admit I use it because I don't feel like my progress is so much due to creatine and I am not ashamed of myself, so I don't feel any reason to hide what I am doing

I wouldn't care about these type of guys' opinion, because they either are

1) retarded

2) uneducated about basic supplements, meaning they don't know anything about them so they shouldn't make any comments in that area - which means refer to number 1

listen, we see on TV or on the streets everyday people who seems weird to us, or who do unexplainable things... but I am not the one to judge them, especially if I don't know their reasons behind their actions... see my point?

x2

GJN5002
12-29-08, 9:23 am

Those people will always have something to complain about because they dont want want to work hard enough and need an excuse. I also find many times the same people are the ones that dont know what they are taking and are on a pro hormone or somethign else that may actually have an effect.

As far as the body produces it arguement, the body also produces growth hormone and test but they are illegal to use.

It has been proven safe and effective (monohydrate). I use it 3/4 of the year, sometimes I notice a difference but other times (and products) I dont see/feel any difference.

Pizzalamp
12-29-08, 12:40 pm
i love creatine
when im on it my strength shoots up
my muscles are super full
my endurance is unreal

J Wong
12-29-08, 1:18 pm
i love creatine
my endurance is unreal

What kind of creatine do you take?!

G Diesel
12-29-08, 1:23 pm
Why would creatine be cheating?

I'm confused... Where am I?

Peace, G

Wasteland
12-29-08, 1:28 pm
Where am I?

Peace, G

In Puritan New England, specifically Salem, Massachussetts?

G Diesel
12-29-08, 1:31 pm
In Puritan New England, specifically Salem, Massachussetts?

I've been branded with the scarlet "A"... Use of the potent "steriod" creatine.

On top of all this, I'm slowly coming to grips with the fact that my free weight training and high protein eating give me an unfair advantage over the rest of the population. I guess I've been cheating all this time and I didn't even know it.

Peace, G

Wasteland
12-29-08, 1:41 pm

On top of all this, I'm slowly coming to grips with the fact that my free weight training and high protein eating give me an unfair advantage over the rest of the population. I guess I've been cheating all this time and I didn't even know it.

Peace, G

You get an "A" for countering with another literary reference I suppose, lol. Scarlet Animal, and all that.

Train with less intensity and with lower weights. Give others a chance.

ionicrod
12-29-08, 2:03 pm
Yeah, maybe just stop training, eating right, and supplementing, so all the small people will feel good about themselves you know. be considerate........

I love creatine, great supplement, take it every morning in my animal max

J-Dawg
12-29-08, 3:09 pm

Peace, G

You had me at "steriod", lol.

simpleguy
12-29-08, 3:42 pm
i love creatine
my endurance is unreal

Pizza, if you mentioned a product, I would've thought it's an advertisment; lol no pun intended

sounds like dat dere ......

redskin 344
12-30-08, 2:33 pm
If I take protein shakes and that gives me strength, calling creatine as a cheating supplement would make me one dumb piece of shit.

simpleguy
12-30-08, 2:41 pm
If I take protein shakes and that gives me strength, calling creatine as a cheating supplement would make me one dumb piece of shit.

I think the whole cheating bs comes from the fact that folks like to compare to one another... he's bigger then me, he must be on something

when you come to the point where you're doing this for yourself, and not to look better then the next guy, believe me nothing feels like cheating... because you aren't competing with someone, so who are you cheating anyway?

if I opt not to use something, be it temporarily or permanently, the only reason I don't use it because I don't think it would help me, or be useful for me at this point

J Wong
12-30-08, 3:12 pm
Pizza, if you mentioned a product, I would've thought it's an advertisment; lol no pun intended

sounds like dat dere ......

C*** T***!!!

J-Dawg
12-30-08, 3:18 pm

Both are merely supplements which everyone has easy access to and can purchase with ease, so to me, I see supplements as a level playing field. I wouldn't say that it would make someone dumb to think that creatine is cheating but once one is educated enough to understand the science behind a supplement and how it works, it starts to make things a bit clearer.

Dingo
12-30-08, 3:33 pm

Peace, G

a scarlet A, sounds like something corporate needs to put into the works for a new animal t shirt.

as far creatine being cheating, i guess we are all cheating with every act we commit, training, eating, sleeping, pissing, Lord knows pak piss is evidence of a cheater.

prowrestler
12-31-08, 12:42 am
Why would creatine be cheating?

I'm confused... Where am I?

Peace, G

im lost too man, dont feel alone

Little Z
12-31-08, 12:53 am
im lost too man, dont feel alone

if thats cheating.. then i think a lot of us need to pray..

prowrestler
12-31-08, 12:55 am
if thats cheating.. then i think a lot of has need to pray..

ya, we pretty much would all be big oll cheaters

someone definine cheating please?

Little Z
12-31-08, 12:59 am
ya, we pretty much would all be big oll cheaters

someone definine cheating please?

Cheating is an act of lying, deception, fraud, trickery, imposture, or imposition. Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others.

There ya go brother.

Im still waiting on the understanding of Creatine = Cheating..

Brick By Brick
12-31-08, 2:53 am
I can't believe I didn't post this earlier. As Jim Rome would say, "If you're not cheating, you're not trying."

rev8ball
12-31-08, 3:04 am
To give an advantage is unfair? Isn't that the whole fucking idea in sports? Glycogen loading can give athletes an advantage; my strength & conditioning programs can give my athletes an advantage; etc., etc. I want an advantage so I can beat the shit out of my opponent! Stuff that is naturally occuring and/or that everyone has equal and legal access to is not unfair.

On another note: you should see the new research coming out supporting CM in treating a TON of diseases, from MD/MS to neurological disorders. Really cool shit.....

redskin 344
01-01-09, 6:26 pm
Yea you guys are right. The whole point to the thread was not to say that i believe creatine was cheating, it was to ask your opinion on how you felt about creatine. But yea, if creatine was cheating, I guess I should stop taking fish oil too because increasing insulin sensitivity would be cheating as well.

Just one question about creatine though, how exactly is it considered a muscle BUILDING supplement? I know that it creates a lot of extra energy and pump for the muscles to get an extra few reps and train harder, but how will creatine enhance hypertrophy and muscle repair? Is it because of the strength increase that your muscles will be getting bigger?

simpleguy
01-02-09, 11:52 am
Just one question about creatine though, how exactly is it considered a muscle BUILDING supplement? I know that it creates a lot of extra energy and pump for the muscles to get an extra few reps and train harder, but how will creatine enhance hypertrophy and muscle repair? Is it because of the strength increase that your muscles will be getting bigger?

it doesn't give energy - nor mental focus whatsoever

it increases strength a bit, and also hydrates the muscle cell... this speeds up recovery because more nutrients get to your muscles... it should help a bit, but don't expect miracles

Factory
01-02-09, 12:02 pm
My one friend has better genetics than me. MUCH better. He eats like shit, works out on and off, and is still 6'1" 230lbs and 6% body fat... is he cheating?

define cheating... I don't think people on roids are cheating, they're just doing what they want to do to get big. The people on roids aren't going to win and natural bodybuilding comps... so who gives a flying f...

I'm a #2 guy. I like using creatine, I don't see why #1 is even an option though.