PDA

View Full Version : slow digesting protein

strivin for more
12-28-08, 10:08 pm
anything besides cottage cheese or casein protein i could have at night that would digest slower?

krazyassmexican
12-28-08, 10:18 pm
anything besides cottage cheese or casein protein i could have at night that would digest slower?

whey protein with any kind of healthy fat
slower and better quality than casein

Pizzalamp
12-28-08, 10:37 pm
some whey protein mixed with almond or peanut butter and stirred into a pudding and put in the fridge is amazing!

thatdude111
12-28-08, 11:38 pm

Why is whey w/any healthy fat better than cottage cheese with healthy fat?

TylerC
12-29-08, 9:45 pm
milk

simpleguy
12-30-08, 1:50 pm

why is egg better then soy?

Elite
12-30-08, 2:01 pm

Didnt say it was, the guys looking for an alternative to cottage cheese.

I'd go with Whey/Nat PB or almond butter & soy milk personally.

Aggression
12-30-08, 2:11 pm
Whey and Nat/PB is always a good choice.

I eat chicken as my last meal. Any whole food protein has slower digestion than whey protein (i think?).

krazyassmexican
12-30-08, 2:11 pm
Didnt say it was, the guys looking for an alternative to cottage cheese.

I'd go with Whey/Nat PB or almond butter & soy milk personally.

whey protein isolate and evoo are actually better than any casein

GJN5002
12-30-08, 2:25 pm
whey protein isolate and evoo are actually better than any casein

Why is that better than eating cottage cheese and peanut butter?

simpleguy
12-30-08, 2:26 pm
I eat chicken as my last meal. Any whole food protein has slower digestion than whey protein (i think?).

yeah but if you have some fats with the whey you're good to go

krazyassmexican
12-30-08, 2:28 pm
Why is that better than eating cottage cheese and peanut butter?

protein absortion is better and the digestion is slower way slower

GJN5002
12-30-08, 2:32 pm
protein absortion is better and the digestion is slower way slower
Could you hook me up with a link if its something I can read online, Im interested to know why?

krazyassmexican
12-30-08, 2:35 pm
Could you hook me up with a link if its something I can read online, Im interested to know why?

i dont have a link with me but it's a fact as a matter of fact evan mentioned before that he puts evoo to his torrent when he uses it pre workout

oh before i post this
evoo wont only slow down the digestion but will heal your joints and ligaments

GJN5002
12-30-08, 2:39 pm
I dont know, I would think if you put evoo in isolate and it digests slow, put it in casein which is a slower digesting protein and it will digest even slower. Just my 2 cents though.

krazyassmexican
12-30-08, 2:44 pm
I dont know, I would think if you put evoo in isolate and it digests slow, put it in casein which is a slower digesting protein and it will digest even slower. Just my 2 cents though.

ask even if he has any cassein before bed on his offseasson!
i am pretty sure that if he doesnt use a whole food meal he will say whey protein isolate and pb

simpleguy
12-30-08, 2:44 pm

that's true bro, but here's the bonus question: why would you make it slower?

GJN5002
12-30-08, 3:04 pm
that's true bro, but here's the bonus question: why would you make it slower?
I don tknow if Im reading that right?
Fat slows down digestion.
isolate digests in 2-3 hours
casein digests in 6-9
so if you add fat and it slows absorbtions, wouldnt each take longer, and casein still be slower.
Im not calling bullshit on Evan(obviously) or Krazy, but Im not going to believe something with nothing to back it up aside from one person doing it.
If Im wrong in my assumption let me know why.

The Underdog
12-30-08, 3:04 pm
I'm pretty sure fish with some healthy fats would work (salmon, ect.)

krazyassmexican
12-30-08, 3:13 pm
I don tknow if Im reading that right?
Fat slows down digestion.
isolate digests in 2-3 hours
casein digests in 6-9
so if you add fat and it slows absorbtions, wouldnt each take longer, and casein still be slower.
Im not calling bullshit on Evan(obviously) or Krazy, but Im not going to believe something with nothing to back it up aside from one person doing it.
If Im wrong in my assumption let me know why.

do whatever pleases/works for you

MojoMike36
12-30-08, 3:16 pm

Scramble up some eggs. Keep them big and chunky. Don't chew. Just swallow them and they'll slide right down. You won't choke cause your throat can easily squish it down. Eating it like this takes the eggs even longer to digest. Thats how I keep myself full at night. If I don't I'm up at 3 starvin again.

Try it out.

theharjmann
12-30-08, 3:24 pm
why is egg better then soy?

Soy protein is slightly more estrogenic than egg protein. That's why i would think people say egg protein is better than soy protein...i dont think that makes a great deal of difference.

Steak.....slow release protein. Nothing beats a fat Fillet steak before bed haha

GJN5002
12-30-08, 3:32 pm
Steak.....slow release protein. Nothing beats a fat Fillet steak before bed haha

now that sounds good

simpleguy
12-31-08, 3:19 am
Soy protein is slightly more estrogenic than egg protein. That's why i would think people say egg protein is better than soy protein...i dont think that makes a great deal of difference.

yeah my question was quite rhetorical, I was making a comparison between egg and soy, and whey and casein, first of both being of much higher quality then the other

yeah bro, my point was that it's not so much about the speed of which your protein is released, but the quality of it... anyway I don't mean to argue so let's settle at this:

do whatever pleases/works for you

strivin for more
12-31-08, 9:39 am
thanks guys for the tips. i think ill stick with the good fats, maybe fish like salmon cause it has the omega fats in it?

Pizzalamp
12-31-08, 12:40 pm
thanks guys for the tips. i think ill stick with the good fats, maybe fish like salmon cause it has the omega fats in it?

sounds good...have some veggies w/ it too

krazyassmexican
12-31-08, 2:01 pm

make sure is wild salmon

Joseb
01-01-09, 9:12 pm
i like food. it tastes much better than whey with fat.
i think cottage cheese with peanut butter sounds amazing.. im gonna eat it during my next cheat meal. nom nom nom nom nom

fat slows down protein digestion as well as carb digestion because fat in general takes the longest to break down. once there is fat in your system.. it will hold up the faster digesting proteins and carbohydrates.. therefore slowing down your absorbtion.

but food is alot more complex than whey protein powder and evoo.
also its not processed like whey or casein protein powders so its "quality" of protein is much better.
ALSO the live cultures in cheese are good for your tummy