PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice or motivational boost

Jahdu
12-29-08, 12:07 pm
Hi all,
My complaint isn't my training, that is spot on. My complaint is diet and finding it so hard to stick to proper meals without endulging in the odd snack here and there and the dessert everynight. It's hit my arse hard and I've packed on some extra fat around this area which is NOT good.
What do you guys do to keep motivated with your diets? What kind of cardio do you guys do?
Currently I only have a Rowing machine which I use 3 times a week for 25 mins each time. Aswell as my 5 days a week weight sessions which last around 40 mins. Is this enough cardio? Do you reckon I should ditch my rowing machine for a bike?

Any advice or motivational words are more than welcome. Even if someone other than my wife was to just say "get up of your fat arse and sort your diet out!"

Cheers

bigffmike
12-29-08, 12:29 pm
Hi all,
My complaint isn't my training, that is spot on. My complaint is diet and finding it so hard to stick to proper meals without endulging in the odd snack here and there and the dessert everynight. It's hit my arse hard and I've packed on some extra fat around this area which is NOT good.
What do you guys do to keep motivated with your diets? What kind of cardio do you guys do?
Currently I only have a Rowing machine which I use 3 times a week for 25 mins each time. Aswell as my 5 days a week weight sessions which last around 40 mins. Is this enough cardio? Do you reckon I should ditch my rowing machine for a bike?

Any advice or motivational words are more than welcome. Even if someone other than my wife was to just say "get up of your fat arse and sort your diet out!"

Cheers

Bro "Get up off your fat ass and sort your diet out!"

IMO
Ok, I set out my food the night before, I know what I am eating and when. Have it all ready in containers (I have even labeled it with the time I need to eat it)
I make sure I get my protein in, and don't go over board on the carbs and fats.

I do at a min of 30 Min of Cardio 4-5 days a week. I think the rower is fine if you keep your HR up.

As for the junk Food, Get rid of it (or have the wife hide it lol...)

Jahdu
12-29-08, 12:38 pm
Thanks bud..
What kind of cardio do you do?
Also, does your meals in the evening consist of low carbs? As I think my problem lately has been eating high carbs in the evening, then immediately lying down on the sofa!

What time is your first meal and what does your first meal consist of?

pedraza
12-29-08, 12:41 pm
do you have two legs? do you have a decent pair os shoes? well if you answered yes then you can get out there and run for a little bit. as forthe junk food...well my friend thats got to be cut to a verry small amount...somewhere just above never. look most of us here are gulty of haveing a bad snak now and them....but its only now and then not every night. as far as the food goes for the day.. if you dont have the time to prep it throughtout the day, then do it the day before like bigffmike said. its not hard bro

Giant Killer
12-29-08, 12:44 pm
I just wanted to post some words from Machine on motivation.

I am going to get in your heads for a minute, forgive me if I am blunt. Motivation...what does that mean to you? Is it inspiration...or direction that people seek when they speak of motivation? You ever hear someone drone on about a particular problem they were having at some point? Or maybe you noticed that some people, when pressed about their course of action, they say " I don't know what I'm going to do?"

BULLSHIT!!!

Everone knows exactly what they are going to do. Think about it the next time you are about to say that when someone asks you, " well, what are you going to do?" You know exactly what you are going to do...because you know who you are! You know whether you are going to fight...fuck...or hit the fence! I'm not talking about the mask you put on for everybody else to see...no...I'm talking about that voice in your head. The voice that says, " fuck it...I'll train calves tomorrow." Or, " I'm good...I don't need another set." You know exactly what you are going to do well before you actually arrive at decision making time. Let's not fucking bullshit eachother here. My point is simply this: motivation must be, on some level, a question. And if it is a question...I submit that all of you motherfuckers already know the answer. You know if your a soft hearted pussy, you know if your afraid...if you've bitten off more than you can chew, and you know whether or not you will turn into a track star when the shit gets thick. So, again, If motivation is the question...you already know the answer...It's not something you derive from outside sources...your very existance should be motivation enough for you to acheive an acceptable outcome.

AFTazz06
12-29-08, 1:27 pm
Plenty of motivation on this whole site bro. Article after article on here, are full of motivation from the pros, no need to ask us. Also, nobody can do it but you, you can ask for all motivational speeches you want, but in the end you have to get off your ass and go do the work. Seems you need to look deep down inside and ask youself just how bad you want this. The road will never get easier only tougher.

bigffmike
12-29-08, 1:33 pm
Thanks bud..
What kind of cardio do you do?
Also, does your meals in the evening consist of low carbs? As I think my problem lately has been eating high carbs in the evening, then immediately lying down on the sofa!

What time is your first meal and what does your first meal consist of?

I switch up my cardio all the time.
Evening consist of low carbs??? How late bro? I don't eat carbs and lay on my ass at night. I usualy have some carbs with my 6:00pm meal and none afterward.

I eat about every 2-3 hrs.

Hit the Diet tab on the top of the page. There is a shit load of info there..
You have to want the diet to work or it will fail.

Jahdu
12-29-08, 1:41 pm
Thanks to all for the motivational words. Even though the answers are obvious, I just needed to hear someone tell me!
I find many excuses mainly because I do shift work so when I'm on nights I'll train in the evenings and stack up on the carbs thereafter.. then I'm just sitting on my arse all night. I've also noticed when I eat I tend to eat for 5 people.
I think preparing food the night before will be tough to get into especially when I don't have the time. Having said this, I can always take Porridge packets with me to work and eat that for breakfast along with fruit and protein bars.

So I'll cut the crap, pull my finger out of my arse (and place it near my mouth - That might deter me from snacking!)

NPRamirez
12-29-08, 5:59 pm
Thanks to all for the motivational words. Even though the answers are obvious, I just needed to hear someone tell me!
I find many excuses mainly because I do shift work so when I'm on nights I'll train in the evenings and stack up on the carbs thereafter.. then I'm just sitting on my arse all night. I've also noticed when I eat I tend to eat for 5 people.
I think preparing food the night before will be tough to get into especially when I don't have the time. Having said this, I can always take Porridge packets with me to work and eat that for breakfast along with fruit and protein bars.

So I'll cut the crap, pull my finger out of my arse (and place it near my mouth - That might deter me from snacking!)

Lol, nice one. My biggest piece of advice is to not buy junk food. I can get tempted by the sight of a cookie but if it is not in sight, it's not tempting me. Also, the rowing machine is fine but if you are really aiming to shed that fat, look into a bike and/or running. I say the bike (normal bike or stationary, i prefer stationary) because it HAMMERS the quads which will aid in burning fat. Running, of course, is great too. Back to diet, start somewhat slow. Don't jump right into chicken and sweet potatoes every meal. Ease into it. Personally, I've kept nearly the same diet of clean foods for 2 years and I don't think twice about it. It makes me feel at home. You'll see, bro. Wish ya the best..

!NPR!

thatdude111
12-29-08, 6:52 pm
Write down everything and plan your meals ahead of time.

BryanSmash!
12-29-08, 10:17 pm
Put a picture up on your fridge of the person you'd most like to resemble. It's most likely deter you from grabbing shit you shouldnt be eating.