PDA

View Full Version : is that what ya'll eat ALL the time??? really??

phlex_ing
12-29-08, 12:59 pm
I’ve wanted to ask ya’ll this question for a long time. I see people post daily diets on here like
Meal 1: bla bla bla bla
Meal 2: bla bla bla bla
Meal 3: so forth
Meal 4: and so on
Meal 5: random example

That’s great I’m not putting any one down, but is that really what ya’ll eat all the time every single day? I’m taking in about 6000 cal and over 200 g of protein spread out in 6 meals around 2 hours apart a day but I use a guideline. My meals are over 1000cal and 40 grams of protein. If the meal meets the guideline I eat it. So there’s no way I could post my diet cause it’s different every day and I don’t see how any one can eat the same meal over and over every day at the same time. So I guess what I’m asking is, is having just a general guideline a good idea or is writing out one daily meal plan and eating that day in and day out a better idea?

GJN5002
12-29-08, 1:05 pm
you got the jist of it. Macro guidelines for every day. In my opinion, eating the exact same food everyday if bad. You need an array of foods to get different nutrients. The only time I eat the same food is when I diet and food is limited.

AFTazz06
12-29-08, 1:19 pm
My thing is, if something is working and giving you good results then stick with it. If not, change it up, no point sticking to something that is holding you back. As an example, If you know eating Salmon as your last protein source for the day gives your body the right amount of Omegas then why would you replace it with a fat boy cheese burger? Goes back to the old saying, "if it aint broken dont fix it." I personally like to follow a strick diet, word for word, each and everyday eating the same thing because i focus on it as doing a job. Like i MUST eat that stuff because i feel once you start changing things around too much (say week after week) i think the results stop coming in, and thats when the temptaions and cravings take over. Thats the whole point of following a diet plan, it's to force your body into change, to control what you eat.

Enforcer
12-29-08, 1:23 pm
I’ve wanted to ask ya’ll this question for a long time. I see people post daily diets on here like
Meal 1: bla bla bla bla
Meal 2: bla bla bla bla
Meal 3: so forth
Meal 4: and so on
Meal 5: random example

That’s great I’m not putting any one down, but is that really what ya’ll eat all the time every single day? I’m taking in about 6000 cal and over 200 g of protein spread out in 6 meals around 2 hours apart a day but I use a guideline. My meals are over 1000cal and 40 grams of protein. If the meal meets the guideline I eat it. So there’s no way I could post my diet cause it’s different every day and I don’t see how any one can eat the same meal over and over every day at the same time. So I guess what I’m asking is, is having just a general guideline a good idea or is writing out one daily meal plan and eating that day in and day out a better idea?

All I would say to this is that consistency is the key in this sport bro. If you consistently eat shit, you're gonna look like shit. If you consistently eat clean, then your gonna look mean (couldn't think of a better rhyme...lol). So yes you are correct, for the most part all bodybuilders will eat the same thing day in and day out. In the offseason, things may be a bit different, but when it comes to precontest, everything must be to the T.

phlex_ing
12-29-08, 1:48 pm
Thanks for the great input. Your good points will be used in my diet. I eat clean but I just don’t eat the same thing like meal 6 may be fish one night but chicken the next or even stake same with meals 1,3 and 5. Meals 2 and 4 because I’m at work pretty much stay the same, lots of p.b and j and protein bars come to think of it. But I’ll look in to making a daily diet and staying with it. Thanks again for the information that’s why I love this site.

NPRamirez
12-29-08, 6:49 pm
Usually when someone gives a diet, they use an example like "chicken" but they really mean "lean meat". Or when they say "sweet potato", they mean "good carbs". It is just shorter than saying Chicken/lean beef/fish/lean steak or Sweet potato/brown rice etc. Although, believe it or not, there are people that do eat the same exact thing they list for their meals, everyday. I personally think this can hinder your gains as your body may adapt to it. As long as you are eating fairly clean and consuming high calories and have SOME knowledge on when to eat what type of foods, you are on the road to success (Given that your workout is also in order).