PDA

View Full Version : Egg cooker (recommended by The House)

NPRamirez
12-30-08, 12:23 am
Want a SUPER easy way to cook your eggs? Well read on... (I'm obviously not a spokesperson for this product but I figure anything that can help my fellow brothers out is worth mentioning)

-Ok, so I tried this little contraption. It is an omelet cooker type thing. If you have watched this video of "The House" than you might know what i'm talking about...
http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1688/164/

-If you skip ahead to about 4:15, you'll see him talk about his egg cooker. It's called the GT Xpress 101. It is an old infomercial product. I was curious but skeptical. He had only good things to say about it but that wasn't enough to spend about 25 bucks. So, I checked out the reviews for the product. They seemed to be black or white. I decided I would give it a go. My parents needed a few Christmas ideas so I told them this. You can buy it at Target so you don't ever need to mess around with the infomercial crap. It is absolutely amazing! I've had it for about a week and it has yet to EVER stick. Just spray some oil/butter and pour in 8-10 egg whites. In 3 minutes they are fully cooked and tasting great. It seems to good to be true but it definately helps with getting in 2 separate egg meals.
http://www.amazon.com/As-Seen-On-TV-Xpress/dp/B00076MZMS
(this is just an amazon link of the item, you can take it from there with google etc.)

-Also, look into a rice cooker if you have not already. I use the AROMA brand and it works great but there are better ones for more money.

-And one more thing. If you have any other small appliances that make a bodybuilders life easier, in terms of meals, PLEASE share!

!NPR!

GJN5002
12-30-08, 10:42 am
Magic Bullet all the way

GJN5002
12-30-08, 10:57 am
Also, I just looked into the egg cooker and there are a lot of people saying it work sgreat for a month then the non stick coating wears off? Any experience with this? It sounds like a good product but I dont want to waste the cash to use it for a month.

machineman
12-30-08, 11:06 am
I use my George Forman daily at work.....5 minute for prok chops and about 10 minutes for chicken breast (I usually cook about 2 pounds at a time).

Fury317
12-30-08, 11:18 am
Magic Bullet all the way

x a million, wouldnt know what to do without it

and I have a rice cooker adn a George too

Got all the contraptions haha

NPRamirez
12-30-08, 11:52 am
Magic Bullet? I'll need to look into that.

I'm sure the lining does wear off after a month and even House said it did but he says he just sprays it like normal and it works perfectly. The "non-stick" lining isn't important. As long as you spray it, it won't stick and regardless it cooks perfectly.

Brutus_515
12-30-08, 12:13 pm
my wife got me the GT Xpress 101 for christmas I have one of the really big formans wich is great for chicken and beef. I cook 3 days worth of meals at one time on booth since I am dieting it is simple and I am done in 20 minutes with doing dishes. I will be using the GX thing with my talapi when i start eating that crap again...

Aggression
12-30-08, 12:17 pm
I guess I'm old school. I'm still outside using the good 'ol BBQ. I'll be outside with sweatpants, a fleece hoody, a beanie, gloves and it being so cold that I can see my breath, but dammit I'll be grilling my chicken and beef. Nothing tastes better IMO.

Brutus_515
12-30-08, 12:19 pm
I guess I'm old school. I'm still outside using the good 'ol BBQ. I'll be outside with sweatpants, a fleece hoody, a beanie, gloves and it being so cold that I can see my breath, but dammit I'll be grilling my chicken and beef. Nothing tastes better IMO.

haha yeah man done that many of times...it sucks trying to get the charcol lit when it is windy and snowing.

Aggression
12-30-08, 12:22 pm
haha yeah man done that many of times...it sucks trying to get the charcol lit when it is windy and snowing.

True. I've used the Foreman grill at school, but nothing beats a classic BBQ. I don't care how cold/hot it is, I'll be out there grilling. Shit, the other day, I had to use most of my strength just to lift the lid off. It was frozen shut.

machineman
12-30-08, 12:53 pm
been there with the grill forzen shut!! I use the bbq on the weekends!

NPRamirez
12-30-08, 1:54 pm

lol, you would

NickSP
06-14-14, 8:37 pm
Bumping this really old thread to see if anyone's got some more ideas about what's good to buy for a rice cooker and/or egg cooker (looking to make hard boiled)

Rex
07-10-14, 5:55 pm
Bumping this really old thread to see if anyone's got some more ideas about what's good to buy for a rice cooker and/or egg cooker (looking to make hard boiled)

If you only want to cook hard boiled eggs, I would go with the good old cooking pot on the stove. You donīt have to buy another piece of equipment for that.
Iīm sure with the mandatory coffee machine, rice cooker, toaster, Foreman grill, blender etc. you have enough shit occupying your kitchen counter...

SquatPressPull
07-10-14, 7:21 pm

Bake your eggs. Put eggs in a cup cake pan and bake them, 15/20 minutes. It's been awhile since I've done it, so I recommend you google it.

Madcat
07-11-14, 1:14 pm
Bake your eggs. Put eggs in a cup cake pan and bake them, at 400 for 15/20 minutes. It's been awhile since I've done it, so I recommend you google it.

Funny, I just started this. I make healthy egg omlets with precooked turkey sausage, turkey bacon, 2% cheese, and whole wheat english muffins. Awesome! And you can freeze them if you do bulk, then nuke them and boom.

I make 4 every sunday for the week and use 1 a day with 1 morning eating at home. Boom!