PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Legs Routine For Hardgainers...Pt 1

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 10:24 am
Like most men that start going to the gym i was one of "the club boys" just did arms and chest nothing else really had my attention....but after being exposed to other younger bodybuilders i started to do back and shoulders into the equation.With that said i was building a nice torso... neglecting the wheels,ever so now and then i did little bit of squats and leg extentions you know thinks that only that could pack on some mass on the chicken legs.BOY WAS I WRONG...

But as we all know to the outside world..." the people who dont really get it" ... would look at you in awe.. then calmly laugh at your legs."how embarassing!".. The fact that the more you workout,the more you kill yoursself in the gym ,the more you seek perfection....

Now this is my leg routine...
N.B I do legs twice a week one day heavy and one light with a day rest between the light going into the heavy...(eg light on tuesday and heavy thursday night).
Part 1 is the light segment which envolves me using light to moderate weight doing about 15-25 reps - Part 2 is the heavy segment which envolves moderate, to heavy weight ....doing 10-15 first set to 6-8 at your last set going as heavy as possible.

Part 1-Light Leg Extentions
Warm-up-25 reps
2nd-20 reps
3rd-20 reps
4th-15 reps
5th-15 reps

Part 2-Light-Leg Press
Warm-up-25 reps
2nd-20 reps
3rd-20 reps
4th-15 reps
5th-15 reps

Part 3-Light-Hack Squats
Warm-up -20 reps
2nd-20 reps
3rd-15 reps
4th-15 reps
5th-12 reps

Part 4-Light- Dumbell Lunges*
1st-4th 15 steps back and forth

Part 5-Light-Leg Curls*
1st-15 reps
2nd-15 reps
3rd-12 reps
4th-12 reps

*When doing Dumbell Lunges...Use moderate weight.. (weight you could barely do 20 steps with)and stretch with knees nearly touching the floor.
*Leg Curls-Use Light Weight do 10 full motion curls and 5 shorts ones... last 2 sets 7 reps and 5 short reps.

This is my Light Routine i will Write up the heavy segmen soon ,but like with all my posts ... please ..critics are welcome...

Pizzalamp
12-30-08, 10:25 am
what kind of results have u noticed?

pedraza
12-30-08, 10:28 am
nice wheelz workout

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 10:31 am
I have seen more shape in my quads and my hamstrings have started to develop like crazy

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 10:32 am
Thanks..wait till i put on the heavy segment this is just the warm up for the other workout ..

simpleguy
12-30-08, 2:13 pm
on the light workout... do you still go to failure (or close to failure) or is it called 'light' because it feels rather easy, meaning stopping short of failure by a few reps

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 2:33 pm
when i say light ,i mean like what you said ... close to ...and to failure i doing this routine ... using weight you know you could do ...... just pushing it to the limit or litle before.... feeling the fibers tightening on you when you squeeze and push the weight.....just i said that rep range to give you something to aim for....but near failure is corect