PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Legs Routine For Hardgainers...Pt 2 And some calf tips.

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 11:45 am
If you had read my last post on legs you should know there was supposed to be another part to this segment.

In this segment ... Its all about the heavy stuff,... first set your looking at going for 10-12reps and the last set we are going for 6-8 reps....

Part 1 -Heavy-Stand Leg curls*
Warm-up-15 reps
2nd-12 reps
3rd-10 reps
4th-8 reps
5th-6 reps

Part 2 Heavy-Leg Extentions
Warm-up-12 reps
2nd-12 reps
3rd-10 reps
4th-10 reps
5th-8 reps

Part 3 Heavy-Leg Press
Warm-up-15 reps
2nd-15 reps
3rd-12 reps
4th-10 reps
5th-8 reps
6th-6 reps

Part 4 Heavy-Hack Squats*
Warm-up-15 reps
2nd-20reps
3rd-15 reps
4th-12 reps
5th-10 reps

Part 5 Heavy-Squats#
1st-12 reps
2nd-10 reps
3rd-10 reps
4th-8 reps

Part 6 Heavy-Leg Curls
1st-15 reps
2nd-12reps
3rd-10 reps
4th-10 reps

*-Standing leg curls, just pull up the wieght and bring it down as slow as possible
Hack Squats, just the first set is about the reps push yourself to 20 reps till failure,
#Squats i advise.. if you are up to it , go for a one rep max....force yourself into hypertension n rush the blood into the muscle some good all shock therapy builds strengh and mass.

Calves....
Well i do calves 3 times a week .... sometimes not on leg days but on the other days..
i reccommend... changing feet positions
(eg 10reps straight,8 toes in and 7 toes pionting out) thats 25reps in total.. anything under that isnt going to let your calves budge in size at all!!! dont do nothing under 15 reps when you want results from your calves!

Thanks for reading this forum and part 1 if u have any input let me know...critics are welcome!

rayzer27
12-30-08, 11:48 am
Looks sick bro, my leg day is today! ill give this a shot!
I also like what you do with the calves (straight,in,out) ill try that as well.

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 11:50 am
ok do that but if you think you cant do calves after doing this routine i suggest doing calves first .

simpleguy
12-30-08, 2:23 pm
ok do that but if you think you cant do calves after doing this routine i suggest doing calves first .

you mean before legs? why would you do that?

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 2:27 pm
I said that because some people after doing my routine dont have much steam to push on to do calves... i sometmes find myself doing that ....

simpleguy
12-30-08, 2:43 pm
I said that because some people after doing my routine dont have much steam to push on to do calves... i sometmes find myself doing that ....

if anything, I'd train them on a different day... different strokes for different folks though

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 2:46 pm
True.. but that was also said people who prefer to be more "textbook" although i know me and you share the same view when it comes to doing calves on another day...

Psycho77
12-31-08, 8:10 pm

I always kill quads and hams first before I kill calves. I can push hard on workouts for the quads/hams if i don't have to deal with dead calves. I only do two calve workouts, the standing and the seated raises and those dont need the quads/hams so its ok to kill em before.

YUNG THOR
12-31-08, 8:27 pm
I always kill quads and hams first before I kill calves. I can push hard on workouts for the quads/hams if i don't have to deal with dead calves. I only do two calve workouts, the standing and the seated raises and those dont need the quads/hams so its ok to kill em before.

Your a guy i would love to train with ... most guys i know cant help up with me...reps and poundages

Psycho77
01-01-09, 9:04 am
Your a guy i would love to train with ... most guys i know cant help up with me...reps and poundages

hope we can do that bro. but for now, we'll just keep track of each others progress through our individual journeys. start yours now

YUNG THOR
01-01-09, 9:11 am
hope we can do that bro. but for now, we'll just keep track of each others progress through our individual journeys. start yours now

Ok you got it ...

YUNG THOR
01-02-09, 6:57 pm

Well you know m injured so i int going to be trainng for 2 weeks but i could give you a diet log.

J Wong
01-02-09, 7:02 pm
Is this your journey? I don't get it.

YUNG THOR
01-02-09, 7:05 pm

No i guess i got side tracked a lil talking to pyhco

YUNG THOR
01-02-09, 7:06 pm

No .. it is just a routine i threw in here ...but the only thing is i got a lil carried away...