PDA

View Full Version : another cardio question(jump rope)

BubbyLight
12-30-08, 2:22 pm
i hear on this forum(yea i know i dont post enough for anyone to really know me) but i got myself into jumping rope. i think its so much fun...yet ill do it for 20-30 min everyday. ill still do a lil bit of running yet jumping rope is way more entertaining than running....how do u guys feel about it...and is there any techniques anyone uses when jumping rope. yet whenever it gets warm again...its back in the pool for cardio...im a 5 a week lifter.fyi. just give me some feedback...

stumblin54
12-30-08, 2:36 pm
Jump rope is one of my favorite methods of cardio and is insanely efficient at burning calories. The only problem is that it is requires skill in order for you to get your bang for your buck each workout. From what you've said here though I assume you've got it down so continue to bust that rope. I go pretty hard for three minute intervals for 20 minutes, taking one minute moderate intervals in between. By the end of that I'm usually drenched.

Stumblin

BubbyLight
12-30-08, 2:52 pm
yea. yet it takes skill to actaully do it...yet you can have fun by doing it. like criss cross and do some pretty crazy tricks...and u can show off if anyone is watching you. anyone needs help jumping rope...go to buddy lee...great lessons online. but dont get me wrong...my gf is still my best cardio...lol

nysbigdave
12-30-08, 3:51 pm
yeah rope might be the king of cardio... i do it between sets to keep my heart rate up,
& im currently leaning toward using it as my primary cardio exercise

Sphinx
01-05-09, 7:28 am
I've been using skipping as cardio for the past 3-4 months since I began to cut, its very effective in my opinion... just don't do it barefoot, nasty blisters :P

As for variations to make it more difficult, I start off with the rope going forward, I hop on one foot bringing the opposite up so the knee comes just beneath my chest, and alternate like that. As soon as I screw up, I stop, and I start again, but this time the rope is going backwards. I repeat this cycle for about a half hour or so, other things I toss in are just skipping as fast as I can for as long as possible without messing up, also one of m favourites is jumping and then whipping the rope under you two times as quick as possible. That takes a bit of skill, but just keep at it everyday and you'll look like a pro in no time.

BubbyLight
01-05-09, 9:21 am
yea, double unders are pretty difficult and work really great once you can get going without screwing up, and your right if u bring one knee or even both knees up to your chest. all around the least boring cardio, well except for swimming. but its winter

Sphinx
01-05-09, 10:17 am
yea, double unders are pretty difficult and work really great once you can get going without screwing up, and your right if u bring one knee or even both knees up to your chest. all around the least boring cardio, well except for swimming. but its winter

Winter... as much as I do love it, its a real bitch when it comes to having to drive anywhere and there's 20-30 cm of snow, and it rules out running for me in most cases. No choice but to find another method of cardio, indoors of course.

ImJustFerocious
01-08-09, 11:04 am
check this routine out for some good ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B2Vrg1Y25c