PDA

View Full Version : Which packs should i use?

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 7:21 pm
Question is which packs should i use if i want to put on more weight,i have use m stak,stak 2 and animal pak...which ones should i combine as well?

prowrestler
12-30-08, 7:45 pm
Question is which packs should i use if i want to put on more weight,i have use m stak,stak 2 and animal pak...which ones should i combine as well?

http://www.columbia.com/images/productImages/1166330075_5313.jpg

that one

shizz702
12-30-08, 7:48 pm

that one

LOL

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 8:01 pm
lmfao.. but ok i but i get what your saying prowrestler .... but the thing is i was telling you what i used individually ....

prowrestler
12-30-08, 8:09 pm
lmfao.. but ok i but i get what your saying prowrestler .... but the thing is i was telling you what i used individually ....

ummm, what is the question?

i think my answere was the best one

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 8:28 pm
ok what is your views on animal test?

shizz702
12-30-08, 8:33 pm
ok what is your views on animal test?

You're only 19, you got plenty of free testosterone and shouldn't even consider a test supplement right now.

Look in my opinion, animal pak, uniliver, creatine, omegas and protein powder covers all the bases, the rest is between you, the iron, and the dinner table.

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 8:35 pm
Well if you put it that way isnt more testosterone better??

prowrestler
12-30-08, 9:23 pm
Well if you put it that way isnt more testosterone better??

it always is better

naturaly, you cant get it higher then itis right now or you

an over the counter test booster wont even tickle your nuts at this point

food is gonna add more weight to you then anything else, theres now magic pill in a can that will.

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 9:34 pm
it always is better

naturaly, you cant get it higher then itis right now or you

an over the counter test booster wont even tickle your nuts at this point

food is gonna add more weight to you then anything else, theres now magic pill in a can that will.

oh ok i understand you know i guess it is all about the food i eat now i guess...

Feel The Power
12-30-08, 9:38 pm
One of my favorite gaining stacks is Pak, Pump, and Torrent. I learned that one from the house and I feel it covers all your bases.

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 9:48 pm
That sounds good but what do yu think about m stak,real gains and lava?

shizz702
12-30-08, 9:52 pm
That sounds good but what do yu think about m stak,real gains and lava?

Didn't you say you already used mstak? If so how did it work for you? It's not going to do anything for you if you're not eating right, that's for sure. I don't know about lava, never used it, but Real Gains will definitely be a valuable asset to your diet. In fact, add in 2 real gains shakes a day to your diet now and you should gain as that would be an extra 1200 calories, shit about 1500 if you mix it with whole milk.

prowrestler
12-30-08, 9:53 pm
Didn't you say you already used mstak? If so how did it work for you? It's not going to do anything for you if you're not eating right, that's for sure. I don't know about lava, never used it, but Real Gains will definitely be a valuable asset to your diet. In fact, add in 2 real gains shakes a day to your diet now and you should gain as that would be an extra 1200 calories, shit about 1500 if you mix it with whole milk.

point is this

use supplements that contain calories

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 9:55 pm

Well the m stak gave me great strenght gains my bench n squat went up 25lbs ...in a 9 days...and lava is great post work out shake to me ...with creatine in it....

shizz702
12-30-08, 10:01 pm
So is your main goal just to gain weight right now? What if I told you I know a sure fire way that would only require you train hard 3 times a week on just basic exercises, drink a gallon of milk a day, and eat a shit load of food?

If you can't gain weight off this then I don't know what to tell you: http://www.leehayward.com/squats.htm

Little Z
12-30-08, 10:01 pm
dude seriously..

a multi, some protein, and the dinner table..

EAT bro.. WAY to young to be fuckin w/ a test booster, or anything else.. wait until you have
hit your maximum efforts before you start "relying" on supplements.. you need to be eating big
not worrying about how big your supplement stash is.. plain and simple..

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 10:06 pm
So is your main goal just to gain weight right now? What if I told you I know a sure fire way that would only require you train hard 3 times a week on just basic exercises, drink a gallon of milk a day, and eat a shit load of food?

If you can't gain weight off this then I don't know what to tell you: http://www.leehayward.com/squats.htm

Lol well that is what my focus is true ... just about puting on mass right about now ....but i do that .... my work out routine is...

Arms,Shoulders and calves
Back and Legs
Chest ,triceps and calves
Legs
Arms ,back and calves

shizz702
12-30-08, 10:10 pm
Lol well that is what my focus is true ... just about puting on mass right about now ....but i do that .... my work out routine is...

Arms,Shoulders and calves
Back and Legs
Chest ,triceps and calves
Legs
Arms ,back and calves

You don't need to hit calves 3x a week. Give that 20 rep squat routine an honest go for 6 weeks and I guarantee you'll be happy with the results.

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 10:14 pm
You don't need to hit calves 3x a week. Give that 20 rep squat routine an honest go for 6 weeks and I guarantee you'll be happy with the results.

Well the thing about that is .... i was a "club boy" you know just doing the upper body ....so the starting down legs from last yr ..... and im not geting alot of progresss so i now started doing calves... sso i think ... i need thatt cuz for a yr now i have seen no dramatic change.....

shizz702
12-30-08, 10:20 pm
Well the thing about that is .... i was a "club boy" you know just doing the upper body ....so the starting down legs from last yr ..... and im not geting alot of progresss so i now started doing calves... sso i think ... i need thatt cuz for a yr now i have seen no dramatic change.....

Well if you were a club boy a solid full body mass gaining routine like this one would be perfect for you.

machineman
12-31-08, 12:52 pm
listen to the preacher, Yung....he knows of what he speaks...as well as pro.....your newest friend right now HAS to be the table.....eat, eat, eat and eat some more.....

Feel The Power
12-31-08, 6:57 pm
never tried lava.. I did love torrent.. got about 20g protein, creatine, and amino acids all in one post workout shake. The taste is great too.

HOCKEY TEMPER
12-31-08, 7:11 pm

that one

hahaha. AGREED

YUNG THOR
12-31-08, 7:52 pm
never tried lava.. I did love torrent.. got about 20g protein, creatine, and amino acids all in one post workout shake. The taste is great too.

Lava is great too... but t gives u that nasty bloated feeling...

YUNG THOR
12-31-08, 7:55 pm
Well if you were a club boy a solid full body mass gaining routine like this one would be perfect for you.

And yea the shizz gives good advice.. thats why i added him to my bro'slist ... if ucnt help me i dun add u

machineman
01-01-09, 2:41 pm
if you go back to the first few pages of my journey and then read the last few, you will get an idea of what this program can do for you. it has definitely worked for me....shizz and I have very similar body types, so that helps...

YUNG THOR
01-01-09, 3:35 pm
if you go back to the first few pages of my journey and then read the last few, you will get an idea of what this program can do for you. it has definitely worked for me....shizz and I have very similar body types, so that helps...

The thing is .. what is yall body type??

prowrestler
01-01-09, 3:38 pm
The thing is .. what is yall body type??

jacked

YUNG THOR
01-01-09, 3:39 pm
Well lol ... how much do you guys wiegh and yall height....

prowrestler
01-01-09, 3:56 pm
Well lol ... how much do you guys wiegh and yall height....

i think shizz is 6 foot 2ish and like 222

im 5 foot 7, 198

YUNG THOR
01-01-09, 4:49 pm

im 5 foot 7, 198

well ....pro .. me an you are the same height ... but im lighter.. im 165 i think at 200 lbs.. ill look diesel....and all jacked up

prowrestler
01-01-09, 6:43 pm
well ....pro .. me an you are the same height ... but im lighter.. im 165 i think at 200 lbs.. ill look diesel....and all jacked up

try 260 at our height, my goal!

YUNG THOR
01-01-09, 7:04 pm
try 260 at our height, my goal!

dude thats crazy im guesin u want to compete

Little Z
01-01-09, 7:06 pm

as a prowrestler.. thats what he will be doing

im 5'11" 310lbs

YUNG THOR
01-01-09, 7:16 pm
as a prowrestler.. thats what he will be doing

im 5'11" 310lbs

Yea that the weight z but my height n posture.....int gon to look gud

shizz702
01-01-09, 7:17 pm

im 5 foot 7, 198

6'3" 217, freak in the making!

I want 240 here soon, and I'd like to be on Z's level in the long run!

As far as body types I'm an ectomorph, naturally skinny, and lanky. It took some serious work to lose that skinny look. Even at 200+ lbs I got a long way to go.

TigerAce01
01-01-09, 7:52 pm
Thor, your split routine looks a little distorted. At your age, that's a little much on the volume side. That looks like a pros split. Pros don't so much need to gain the raw mass both you and I are looking for.

For your calves, working them 3 times a week is detrimental to gaining. Due to my height (6ft at 220 lbs), my calves also have trouble growing. But 3 times a week takes away from the intensity and recovery needed to build those beasts. My calf routine is simple: 2 sets standing raises x 100, and 2 sets standing heavy x 10. That's it.

Supplements are just that, supplemental to your food intake. You are 19, no need for a test booster. M-stak is nice, but really no need for it yet. My stack is economical and simple: Pak, Uni-Liver, an equivalent product to Shock Therapy, no name glutamine, and Torrent. In order of most important to least important: Protein, Multi, Aminos, Glutamine (amino, but deserves it's own category), and maybe creatine.

I drink about a gallon of whole milk a day, and eat like a fucking bear, almost to the point of throwing up every time i eat. Once you get that down, eat more.

My split is as follows, be my guest and give it a try, but be forewarned, if you don't follow it 100%, it won't work, guaranteed.

Mon - Chest, Abs
Tues - Back, Calves
Wed - Off
Thurs- Shoulders, Quads
Fri - Arms, Hamstrings
Sat - Off
Sun - Off

shizz702
01-01-09, 7:58 pm
Thor, your split routine looks a little distorted. At your age, that's a little much on the volume side. That looks like a pros split. Pros don't so much need to gain the raw mass both you and I are looking for.

For your calves, working them 3 times a week is detrimental to gaining. Due to my height (6ft at 220 lbs), my calves also have trouble growing. But 3 times a week takes away from the intensity and recovery needed to build those beasts. My calf routine is simple: 2 sets standing raises x 100, and 2 sets standing heavy x 10. That's it.

Supplements are just that, supplemental to your food intake. You are 19, no need for a test booster. M-stak is nice, but really no need for it yet. My stack is economical and simple: Pak, Uni-Liver, an equivalent product to Shock Therapy, no name glutamine, and Torrent. In order of most important to least important: Protein, Multi, Aminos, Glutamine (amino, but deserves it's own category), and maybe creatine.

I drink about a gallon of whole milk a day, and eat like a fucking bear, almost to the point of throwing up every time i eat. Once you get that down, eat more.

My split is as follows, be my guest and give it a try, but be forewarned, if you don't follow it 100%, it won't work, guaranteed.

Mon - Chest, Abs
Tues - Back, Calves
Wed - Off
Thurs- Shoulders, Quads
Fri - Arms, Hamstrings
Sat - Off
Sun - Off

Very solid advice bro. Question though, do you think glutamine is more important than creatine? Me personally I take both, but would put creatine before glutamine. I read some research that discredits is but I still take it anyway for helping stay in an anabolic state, optimizing recovery, and I think it also helps me sleep better.

TigerAce01
01-01-09, 8:03 pm
I absolutely love glutamine, I take 10 g off days, and 20 g on days. I believe both are important, and have seen good results from both, but from personal experience, glutamine has done more for me. That is just my personal opinion, it could be opposite for some people. Both are cheap and easy to find, so toss em in your stack anyway. lol

shizz702
01-01-09, 8:21 pm
I absolutely love glutamine, I take 10 g off days, and 20 g on days. I believe both are important, and have seen good results from both, but from personal experience, glutamine has done more for me. That is just my personal opinion, it could be opposite for some people. Both are cheap and easy to find, so toss em in your stack anyway. lol

Yea you can get a 1000 grams of both for about $20 a piece so there's really no reason not to take them for the multiple benefits. Creatine has so much research to back its benefits it's a no brainer, but glutamine is kind of controversial. I've read some say if anything, it might just help your immune system, and that you'll get plenty of it through a good diet. But still I take it anyway as I think it's worth it. My personal stack is a multi, uniliver, protein powder, creatine, glutamine, and omega 3 6 9, and that's it. Covers everything.

TigerAce01
01-01-09, 8:41 pm
Good old school stack right there shizz.

And I agree with everything there, glutamine is controversial, but it has honestly done wonders for my recovery. I'll take physical results over some lab rats any day. And that leads me to what I believe about supps: be your own guinea pig, try everything at least once to see how it works.

prowrestler
01-01-09, 9:41 pm

not bodybuilding, in powerlifting

and also, im goin for WWE

prowrestler
01-01-09, 9:44 pm
whey protien
high calorie gainer (for cals,not protien)
casein protien

caffiene pills
adrenaline pills (pre workout formula 4 me)

thats all i take, i do have creatine at home but never use it. ugh, i also take something for my liver and for my cholesterol. they dont really count though.

AND I WORK AT A SUPPLEMENT SHOP! i dont pay for my shit and thats all i use ok!

YUNG THOR
01-02-09, 7:40 am
whey protien
high calorie gainer (for cals,not protien)
casein protien

caffiene pills
adrenaline pills (pre workout formula 4 me)

thats all i take, i do have creatine at home but never use it. ugh, i also take something for my liver and for my cholesterol. they dont really count though.

AND I WORK AT A SUPPLEMENT SHOP! i dont pay for my shit and thats all i use ok!

Your just lucky to have ajob like that....but did you ever use muscletech anator?

Little Z
01-02-09, 8:00 am
Your just lucky to have ajob like that....but did you ever use muscletech anator?

Bro.. seriously.. what I want you to do is go check out the Twelve Rules.. so you dont get your ass in any
hot water or anything.. im not tryin to be a dick or anything, but you need to read them..

You can NOT post any other brand name products on The FORVM..

http://forum.animalpak.com/announcement.php?f=4

9) Conflicts of Interest...
The Forvm is a forum run by the brothers at Animalpak.com, a website dedicated to all things Animal. Animal is more than a lifestyle... It is a way of life, a relentless pursuit of iron. Yet Animal also represents a line of supplements--a solid fucking one at that. So understand that the "Packs" section will be devoted exclusively to Animal supplements. Now if you wanna talk about other supplements in general, post in the "Supplements 101" sub-section. But like we said before, this is a forum run by Animal. So we do not want to see the promotion of our competitors or their products. You can talk about supplements generally (creatine, whey protein, NO products), but not by specific name. We don't want this community filled up with reps or shills for other companies promoting their wares. At the same time, we will not condone the bashing of other companies, stores, or anything related to this industry. There will be no condescension, no talking down or berating. Treat all members with the utmost respect. Do not undermine the Animal brand, the marketing that supports it or sabotage directly or indirectly any business enterprises related to Universal Nutrition.

YUNG THOR
01-02-09, 8:50 am
Bro.. seriously.. what I want you to do is go check out the Twelve Rules.. so you dont get your ass in any
hot water or anything.. im not tryin to be a dick or anything, but you need to read them..

You can NOT post any other brand name products on The FORVM..

http://forum.animalpak.com/announcement.php?f=4

9) Conflicts of Interest...
The Forvm is a forum run by the brothers at Animalpak.com, a website dedicated to all things Animal. Animal is more than a lifestyle... It is a way of life, a relentless pursuit of iron. Yet Animal also represents a line of supplements--a solid fucking one at that. So understand that the "Packs" section will be devoted exclusively to Animal supplements. Now if you wanna talk about other supplements in general, post in the "Supplements 101" sub-section. But like we said before, this is a forum run by Animal. So we do not want to see the promotion of our competitors or their products. You can talk about supplements generally (creatine, whey protein, NO products), but not by specific name. We don't want this community filled up with reps or shills for other companies promoting their wares. At the same time, we will not condone the bashing of other companies, stores, or anything related to this industry. There will be no condescension, no talking down or berating. Treat all members with the utmost respect. Do not undermine the Animal brand, the marketing that supports it or sabotage directly or indirectly any business enterprises related to Universal Nutrition.

oH shit ....im sry i now realise what you are talking about ..... ahh i hope im not in trouble....
but to not keep that in mind , lemme change the subject ... like uh anyone ever tried animal max? thanks z i feel so ashamed...

Little Z
01-02-09, 9:07 am
oH shit ....im sry i now realise what you are talking about ..... ahh i hope im not in trouble....
but to not keep that in mind , lemme change the subject ... like uh anyone ever tried animal max? thanks z i feel so ashamed...

Its cool young brother.. just be careful, check things out on here..

Animal MAX is a great product, solid protein powder for anyone..

YUNG THOR
01-02-09, 9:19 am
Its cool young brother.. just be careful, check things out on here..

Animal MAX is a great product, solid protein powder for anyone..

Have you ever wondered why it came so small...

Little Z
01-02-09, 9:21 am
Have you ever wondered why it came so small...

what do you mean? I do not understand your question..

the 2.2lb container has 24 servings..

Enforcer
01-02-09, 9:34 am

As far as supplements go here is what I suggest taking:

Animal Pak- 1 pack with breakfast
Animal Nitro- 1-2 packs postworkout
Animal M-Stak- 1 pack 45 minutes before you train
Animal Flex- 1 pack before bed
Torrent- 1 serving postworkout

YUNG THOR
01-02-09, 9:36 am
what do you mean? I do not understand your question..

the 2.2lb container has 24 servings..

IT does ? i didnt know it had so much ijus saw the container rescently....i thought it was a lil .. wait have you used great gains..?

Little Z
01-02-09, 9:43 am
IT does ? i didnt know it had so much ijus saw the container rescently....i thought it was a lil .. wait have you used great gains..?

Yeah it has 24 servings in the container.. a serving is 3 scoops which equals 41.5g total..

and yes I have..

YUNG THOR
01-02-09, 10:32 am
Yeah it has 24 servings in the container.. a serving is 3 scoops which equals 41.5g total..

and yes I have..

so is the scoop in the great gains the same size as the one in the animal max?

Little Z
01-02-09, 10:35 am
so is the scoop in the great gains the same size as the one in the animal max?

Nah bro, in Great Gains its around 30g a scoop.. and in MAX its around 15g a scoop..

Those arent exact numbers, but thats rounding up just a bit..

YUNG THOR
01-02-09, 10:39 am
Nah bro, in Great Gains its around 30g a scoop.. and in MAX its around 15g a scoop..

Those arent exact numbers, but thats rounding up just a bit..

ok..Out of all the proteins you have used which one you like to use to most or you reccomend for anyone to use?

Little Z
01-02-09, 10:43 am
ok..Out of all the proteins you have used which one you like to use to most or you reccomend for anyone to use?

It honestly depends on what someone is looking for, when they are taking it and all that jazz bro.

Animal MAX is a solid protein mix, especially with the added creatine and glutamine.

Great Gains is perfect for building some mass, those cals do some justice.

ill even toss Torrent in there with its solid combo of 20g of protein for Post Work Out..

it all comes down to the person, and their goals..

YUNG THOR
01-02-09, 10:48 am
It honestly depends on what someone is looking for, when they are taking it and all that jazz bro.

Animal MAX is a solid protein mix, especially with the added creatine and glutamine.

Great Gains is perfect for building some mass, those cals do some justice.

ill even toss Torrent in there with its solid combo of 20g of protein for Post Work Out..

it all comes down to the person, and their goals..

That means that should be suing great gans as my meal replacement and lava for my post work out ....i think that should give me some boost in wieght and size...