PDA

View Full Version : What is a good diet i could go on to put on mass?

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 7:25 pm
I have been eating most things i get my hands on im still not puting on the mass to match my strenght...i would like to know a good diet to put on some good gains.

Any input would be appreciated...Thank you

Liftbig21
12-30-08, 7:28 pm
see food....and eat it.

krazyassmexican
12-30-08, 7:37 pm
1:1:1 macros

prowrestler
12-30-08, 7:47 pm
I have been eating most things i get my hands on im still not puting on the mass to match my strenght...i would like to know a good diet to put on some good gains.

Any input would be appreciated...Thank you

eat more

if your not growin, means u dont eat enough

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 7:58 pm
What does that mean ...1.1.1 macros im new to this stuff diet wise can you please break it down for me?

prowrestler
12-30-08, 8:06 pm
What does that mean ...1.1.1 macros im new to this stuff diet wise can you please break it down for me?

111 means equal amout of calories from protien carbs and fats

so say your diet is 4000 cals

that means 330 carbs, 330 protien and 146 fat per day

Lunatic001
12-30-08, 8:10 pm

What prowrestler said, he beat me to it....

Carpe Diem P.T
12-30-08, 8:11 pm
if you are bulking, you shouldnt have enough time to type. you should be eating at all times.

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 8:25 pm
ok well let me put it like this, im 5ft 7 inches.... at 165 ... but look like 180...what do you think i need to eat to get up to a solid 180?

krazyassmexican
12-30-08, 8:40 pm
if you are bulking, you shouldnt have enough time to type. you should be eating at all times.

being bulkin doesnt mean to stuff your face till ou become fat

shizz702
12-30-08, 8:43 pm
One of the easiest ways to put on weight fast is to drink a gallon of milk a day. That alone will give you an extra 2k calories and well over 100 grams of protein. If you can handle that combined with plenty of good food you're pretty much guaranteed to grow.

krazyassmexican
12-30-08, 8:45 pm
ok well let me put it like this, im 5ft 7 inches.... at 165 ... but look like 180...what do you think i need to eat to get up to a solid 180?

lean sources of protein, like tilapia fish, chicken
healthy fats like extra virgin olive oil, cashews, almonds macadamian nut oil, salmon or swordfish, and steroidal fats like the fat of the egg yolks

as far as carbs something like sweet potatoes, old fashion oats, brown rice eat like 1.5grams of protein per pound and the same grams of carbs as far as fats is basically half the grams

shizz702
12-30-08, 8:50 pm
Can't go wrong with Machine's advice here: http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=415

prowrestler
12-30-08, 9:45 pm
eat lots of mayo?

probably gonna gain weight that way lol

just eat, lots of parents

redskin 344
12-30-08, 9:53 pm
u have to train intensely as well. Im sick of people saying that ur diet is #1 and you if you arent growing, it means u aint eating enough..

if u do one bicep curl a day with 2.67 pounds and eat 8 meals a day containing 600 calories and 60g of proetin each, u wont exactly get big either. Well actually u will, ull be a fatass.

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 9:58 pm
u have to train intensely as well. Im sick of people saying that ur diet is #1 and you if you arent growing, it means u aint eating enough..

if u do one bicep curl a day with 2.67 pounds and eat 8 meals a day containing 600 calories and 60g of proetin each, u wont exactly get big either. Well actually u will, ull be a fatass.

Ye you are right some people do blame the diet but in my case.. i push weight for me size and age... i hate to hear people talking about if you int eating right u cant get big... true but if u dont tear shit up in the gym your just going to get fat as hell...

prowrestler
12-30-08, 10:00 pm
Ye you are right some people do blame the diet but in my case.. i push weight for me size and age... i hate to hear people talking about if you int eating right u cant get big... true but if u dont tear shit up in the gym your just going to get fat as hell...

lol, way to contradict yourself?

u say ppl blame the diet yet you start talkin about how you tear it up in the gym?

isnt this a diet thread?

nutrition is everything and if you dont know that people...ughhh

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 10:02 pm
lol, way to contradict yourself?

u say ppl blame the diet yet you start talkin about how you tear it up in the gym?

isnt this a diet thread?

nutrition is everything and if you dont know that people...ughhh

No...what im trying to say to the othe guy is that i agree with him.... but i really realised with my i need the diet aspect...

redskin 344
12-30-08, 10:07 pm
haha my bad i forgot this is a diet thread

yea diet is #1, but after that hard training is what makes you grow.

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 10:10 pm
haha my bad i forgot this is a diet thread

yea diet is #1, but after that hard training is what makes you grow.

loL yea.... but .... at a 165 lbs ... how much .. calories should i be taking in?

prowrestler
12-30-08, 10:15 pm
loL yea.... but .... at a 165 lbs ... how much .. calories should i be taking in?

4000, my diet is perfect 4 u

shizz702
12-30-08, 10:16 pm

3300 should do

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 10:17 pm
4000, my diet is perfect 4 u

well you send me a copy of your diet and let me see if it can work for me .. nothing is working out right now i would appreciate it ...

prowrestler
12-30-08, 10:21 pm
well you send me a copy of your diet and let me see if it can work for me .. nothing is working out right now i would appreciate it ...

i gave it in this thread lol

shizz702
12-30-08, 10:24 pm
nothing is working out right now i would appreciate it ...
bro hit up the routine and diet advice I posted in your other thread, there is even a sample diet in it, I guarantee you will gain off it. The answer to your problems is right there.

redskin 344
12-30-08, 10:26 pm

around 3400 a day

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 10:28 pm
bro hit up the routine and diet advice I posted in your other thread, there is even a sample diet in it, I guarantee you will gain off it. The answer to your problems is right there.

OK ill try it thanks alot ... if anythng i will get back to you in a month or so and tell you the results....

shizz702
12-30-08, 10:35 pm
OK ill try it thanks alot ... if anythng i will get back to you in a month or so and tell you the results....

Good, do it and follow it to the letter. Don't add any extra exercises or train any extra days. You should gain 10 lbs minimum off it if you drink the gallon of milk and take in enough food. I went from 195 to 205 when I did it last year.

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 10:39 pm
Good, do it and follow it to the letter. Don't add any extra exercises or train any extra days. You should gain 10 lbs minimum off it if you drink the gallon of milk and take in enough food. I went from 195 to 205 when I did it last year.

oh ok ...how long have you been training ???

shizz702
12-30-08, 10:47 pm
oh ok ...how long have you been training ???

2 years now, this last year has been my most productive, the first was kind of trial and error and before that I was a club boy doing nothing but arms and shit.

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 11:07 pm
Well good to see we are one of a kind in a way i guess... but i have been training for 4 yrs now i guess... and in totall now i look at it i only gained ...40lbs

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 11:08 pm
Can anyone tell me which one is better great gains are real gains ??

Carpe Diem P.T
12-30-08, 11:15 pm
being bulkin doesnt mean to stuff your face till ou become fat

thanks captain obvious :)

it does take a lot of perparation time. cleaning becomes pretty time consuming too.

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 11:19 pm
thanks captain obvious :)

it does take a lot of perparation time. cleaning becomes pretty time consuming too.

really? how so?

NPRamirez
12-30-08, 11:23 pm
ok... So a good bulking diet should look no different from a cutting diet besides switching out a few foods for the same TYPE of food perhaps, like beef instead of chicken.

-8 meals
-at least 4 or 5 meals should be whole foods with good solid proteins and carbs.
-a couple, maybe 2, should be shakes-also with high protein- including PWO shake and Casein protein before bed etc. Maybe one as a meal replacement at work/school as well.

Don't be scared to eat SOMEWHAT unhealthy from TIME TO TIME. Don't use "bulking" as an excuse to eat like crap. I read this quote somewhere on the forum for bulking... "It is better to eat bad than to miss a meal altogether". Don't abuse that rule. Do everything you can to eat healthy in large amounts but in your bulk, if you can't help it, eat a dirty meal as long as it's a meal (with meats and carbs, not just donuts or pastries and coffee, that won't help you regardless).

If you're looking for specific foods:
Chicken
Beef
Sweet potato
Oats
Milk
Protein Powders
Egg whites (maybe 3-5/d yolks during bulk)
Fish (Tilapia)
Tuna

In all honesty, those foods make up 85% of my diet, including water of course. The other 15% account for random times ie. Friends houses, out to eat, special occasion dinners etc.

-I just wanted to get you some straight forward information as this thread has gotten a little off topic and less helpful.

NPRamirez
12-30-08, 11:25 pm
Also, speaking of cleaning and preparation, check out my forum called "Egg Cooker (recommended by The House). It talks about some little, somewhat inexpensive appliances that make cooking bodybuilding meals very easy.

Carpe Diem P.T
12-30-08, 11:26 pm
are you kidding?

cooking in bulk and putting it in plastic containers. washing out fry pans, rice cookers, mixing bowls. wiping down chopping boards.

then theres the shopping. then theres the eating its self.

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 11:29 pm
ok... So a good bulking diet should look no different from a cutting diet besides switching out a few foods for the same TYPE of food perhaps, like beef instead of chicken.

-8 meals
-at least 4 or 5 meals should be whole foods with good solid proteins and carbs.
-a couple, maybe 2, should be shakes-also with high protein- including PWO shake and Casein protein before bed etc. Maybe one as a meal replacement at work/school as well.

Don't be scared to eat SOMEWHAT unhealthy from TIME TO TIME. Don't use "bulking" as an excuse to eat like crap. I read this quote somewhere on the forum for bulking... "It is better to eat bad than to miss a meal altogether". Don't abuse that rule. Do everything you can to eat healthy in large amounts but in your bulk, if you can't help it, eat a dirty meal as long as it's a meal (with meats and carbs, not just donuts or pastries and coffee, that won't help you regardless).

If you're looking for specific foods:
Chicken
Beef
Sweet potato
Oats
Milk
Protein Powders
Egg whites (maybe 3-5/d yolks during bulk)
Fish (Tilapia)
Tuna

In all honesty, those foods make up 85% of my diet, including water of course. The other 15% account for random times ie. Friends houses, out to eat, special occasion dinners etc.

-I just wanted to get you some straight forward information as this thread has gotten a little off topic and less helpful.

Thanks alo ... i think that is going to help alot..

NPRamirez
12-31-08, 4:37 pm
are you kidding?

cooking in bulk and putting it in plastic containers. washing out fry pans, rice cookers, mixing bowls. wiping down chopping boards.

then theres the shopping. then theres the eating its self.

was that to me?

YUNG THOR
12-31-08, 4:43 pm
[QUOTE=NPRamirez;600753]was that to me?[/QUOTE

naw dude lol i dun think so..

YUNG THOR
01-02-09, 10:28 am
[QUOTE=NPRamirez;600753]was that to me?[/QUOTE

naw dude lol i dun think so..

Is smoking bad when you want to put on mass?

Little Z
01-02-09, 10:32 am
[QUOTE=YUNG THOR;600758]

Is smoking bad when you want to put on mass?

Smoking is bad PERIOD bro.

plain and simple..

YUNG THOR
01-02-09, 10:44 am
Ok i guess im going to have to stop doing that as well .
btw ... i just ate like .. 6 boiledeggs .. one shake.. and a bucket of kfc chicken...
( there was nothing else to eat quickly in my house)

Little Z
01-02-09, 10:46 am
Ok i guess im going to have to stop doing that as well .
btw ... i just ate like .. 6 boiledeggs .. one shake.. and a bucket of kfc chicken...
( there was nothing else to eat quickly in my house)

yeah bro, take it from me, smoking sucks.. i unfortunately use to smoke, i use to drink, all that crap..

once i got seriously into lifting, and my health.. all that shit stopped.. ive never looked back, you will
honestly see major changes once you stop smoking.. plus you will feel way better about yourself..

KFC sounds good bro hahah

YUNG THOR
01-02-09, 10:52 am
yeah bro, take it from me, smoking sucks.. i unfortunately use to smoke, i use to drink, all that crap..

once i got seriously into lifting, and my health.. all that shit stopped.. ive never looked back, you will
honestly see major changes once you stop smoking.. plus you will feel way better about yourself..

KFC sounds good bro hahah

Yea i will stop then ill just sell my zippo and my flask..and be clean for rest of this yr .... i just smoked my last cigarette .....

But yea a bucket of kfc does really fill a hole for a while huh lol

redskin 344
01-02-09, 10:59 am
I dont see the point of putting smoke in your lungs and causing tar build up and lung cancer and fucking up your mouth is so great?

Especcially with girls...why would you like a girl who smells and has bad teeth.. lol

gross

YUNG THOR
01-02-09, 12:06 pm
I dont see the point of putting smoke in your lungs and causing tar build up and lung cancer and fucking up your mouth is so great?

Especcially with girls...why would you like a girl who smells and has bad teeth.. lol

gross

my girl was reading over my shoulder when i opened this, her expression reads

"yip... if u pick up another ciggy i swear to god and ronnie coleman, i'll break ur neck myself" she's a huge coleman fan ...

so i guess smoking is out of the question from here on out...

arab910
01-02-09, 12:38 pm
it truly depends on you. i was 165 at one point and i bulked to 180 on 3000 cal a day. it took me about 6 weeks but i was SOLID at 180. if you want it faster, while remaining solid and lean, i say eat about 4500 cal a day of CLEAN calories. sweet potatoes, oats, tuna, turkey, etc.

this is information we all KNOW and its good in theory, but until its put into practice you'll be waiting for something to happen that just wont. so if you want to be 180 and cut up, eat, and do so cleanly.

edit: i meant to quote the guy who started the thread, so this applies to you yungthor

YUNG THOR
01-02-09, 8:53 pm
it truly depends on you. i was 165 at one point and i bulked to 180 on 3000 cal a day. it took me about 6 weeks but i was SOLID at 180. if you want it faster, while remaining solid and lean, i say eat about 4500 cal a day of CLEAN calories. sweet potatoes, oats, tuna, turkey, etc.

this is information we all KNOW and its good in theory, but until its put into practice you'll be waiting for something to happen that just wont. so if you want to be 180 and cut up, eat, and do so cleanly.

edit: i meant to quote the guy who started the thread, so this applies to you yungthor

Ok i got it ... only thng is now... since im down...i dont get out to go and buy my shakeshow you think i should replace it ?

Little Z
01-02-09, 10:30 pm
Ok i got it ... only thng is now... since im down...i dont get out to go and buy my shakeshow you think i should replace it ?

What?

YUNG THOR
01-03-09, 7:37 am
What?

i mean.. since i cnt go out and by my shake what can i eat to replace the calorie intake?

Little Z
01-03-09, 2:27 pm
i mean.. since i cnt go out and by my shake what can i eat to replace the calorie intake?

Food bro.. dont over think things, keep things simple.. you will see that all over on here, keep it simple..

Just eat some solid protein filled foods...

YUNG THOR
01-04-09, 10:03 am
You're right i should over think things....i have to go shopping for another great gains or maybe a real gains,have you heard about guys putting baby formula in side their shakes?