PDA

View Full Version : Need input on this injury..

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 9:51 pm
Uh this is slightly embarassing but i was doing pull down and i felt a pain in my groin ... so i stop... what does anyone here think i should do... it is not a horrid pain that makes me want to curl up in a ball but a minor lil annoying one....

Input deeply appreciated....

Pizzalamp
12-30-08, 9:54 pm
Uh this is slightly embarassing but i was doing pull down and i felt a pain in my groin ... so i stop... what does anyone here think i should do... it is not a horrid pain that makes me want to curl up in a ball but a minor lil annoying one....

Input deeply appreciated....

i would go to the doctor asap and do no lifting at all until u find out whats going on

Carpe Diem P.T
12-30-08, 10:07 pm
sounds like you were straining your legs to keep you grounded.

my old boss dislocated his knee while doing decline bench press. (apparently) You can feel some wierd shit in wierd places if you strain enough.

head to the doctors bud. you dont want to mess around when your boys are on the line.

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 10:09 pm
sounds like you were straining your legs to keep you grounded.

my old boss dislocated his knee while doing decline bench press. (apparently) You can feel some wierd shit in wierd places if you strain enough.

head to the doctors bud. you dont want to mess around when your boys are on the line.

Ye actually that is what happened... what you suggest i do in the mean while...

Carpe Diem P.T
12-30-08, 11:11 pm
Ye actually that is what happened... what you suggest i do in the mean while...

well if the muscle is slightly torn, you dont want to stretch because its like pulling on the ends of a peice of string thats frayed in the middle. you need to 'activate' your core during the exercises. in other words flex your abs during the whole exercise. that will centralise the pressure and stress to that area. this should emphasise the importance of a strong core to you now.

YUNG THOR
12-30-08, 11:21 pm
well if the muscle is slightly torn, you dont want to stretch because its like pulling on the ends of a peice of string thats frayed in the middle. you need to 'activate' your core during the exercises. in other words flex your abs during the whole exercise. that will centralise the pressure and stress to that area. this should emphasise the importance of a strong core to you now.

So i should do some ab wrk for now ? and if it still hurts tomor go to the doctor ?? or you think i should just stay immobile??

Carpe Diem P.T
12-30-08, 11:30 pm
well you would rather sacrifice a day resting than push it and be forced to the side lines for a few months right.

take it easy, do as little as possible. all the muscles will be there when u get back. they arent going to shrink over the next few days :)

Steelman69
12-30-08, 11:32 pm
So i should do some ab wrk for now ? and if it still hurts tomor go to the doctor ?? or you think i should just stay immobile??

Bro take it from a guy that has had two hernia surgeries (me), don't lift another fucking weight until you get some diagnosis from the doctor. You need to know what kind of injury you are looking at. It could be as simple as a strained groin to a full blown hernia that could strangle one of your testicles. That doesn't sound like a good time to me. Chances are it is a strain, but until you find out, be smart. I'm not trying to be negative I just know what can happen first hand when you blow off pain in the groin and or abdomen. This is bodybuilding not bodydestroying. Peace.

Dedicated2Liftin
12-30-08, 11:50 pm
Bro take it from a guy that has had two hernia surgeries (me), don't lift another fucking weight until you get some diagnosis from the doctor. You need to know what kind of injury you are looking at. It could be as simple as a strained groin to a full blown hernia that could strangle one of your testicles. That doesn't sound like a good time to me. Chances are it is a strain, but until you find out, be smart. I'm not trying to be negative I just know what can happen first hand when you blow off pain in the groin and or abdomen. This is bodybuilding not bodydestroying. Peace.

Agreed, I'd give it two weeks of and then start back lightly at the gym. As the above poster said, it's likely a strain of one of your abdominal muscles; however, that can predispose you to a hernia if you continue to keep workin' through the pain (something that could take you out of the game permenatly...cause once abdominal contents slip through that inguinal canal, you're looking at reduced blood supply, hypoxia, and potential necrosis). Anyway, like I said earlier, give it some time and start back lightly. If it still troubles you, go make an appointment with either your PCP or an orthopedist. Best of luck in your recovery.

YUNG THOR
12-31-08, 7:13 am
Agreed, I'd give it two weeks of and then start back lightly at the gym. As the above poster said, it's likely a strain of one of your abdominal muscles; however, that can predispose you to a hernia if you continue to keep workin' through the pain (something that could take you out of the game permenatly...cause once abdominal contents slip through that inguinal canal, you're looking at reduced blood supply, hypoxia, and potential necrosis). Anyway, like I said earlier, give it some time and start back lightly. If it still troubles you, go make an appointment with either your PCP or an orthopedist. Best of luck in your recovery.

Hey im going to the doctor this morning and check up on it right now.. thanks for the iunput ill let yall know the problem when i hit back home...

YUNG THOR
12-31-08, 9:17 am
Hey im going to the doctor this morning and check up on it right now.. thanks for the iunput ill let yall know the problem when i hit back home...

well guys i have a strain of the groin ... i was given pain killers and was told to not to do move much and give the lifting for a couple of days but imma do what the other guy said and stay off for 2 weeks... then start back thanks for all of the advice...

Dedicated2Liftin
12-31-08, 1:15 pm
Sounds good bro...at least it was nothing too serious. Just think about the long term picture and staying out of the gym will be somewhat easier.

YUNG THOR
12-31-08, 8:34 pm
Sounds good bro...at least it was nothing too serious. Just think about the long term picture and staying out of the gym will be somewhat easier.

Yea i guess so ... im happy i didnt get a hernia