PDA

View Full Version : Real Gains Reviews

Mr.Totality
01-08-07, 9:00 pm
I gotta tell you, I have only tried this one time, and it was only the 3.13 container, but I gotta say it might have been the best tasting protein/weightgainer I have ever tried. I was very impressed wit hthe mixability as well as with the Cassein/Whey mix. THe only detriment with that mix, is that I am always drinking it, and going through the container in no time.

Freakshow
01-08-07, 9:27 pm
I gotta tell you, I have only tried this one time, and it was only the 3.13 container, but I gotta say it might have been the best tasting protein/weightgainer I have ever tried. I was very impressed wit hthe mixability as well as with the Cassein/Whey mix. THe only detriment with that mix, is that I am always drinking it, and going through the container in no time.

Agreed, its my gainer of choice. Tastes is amazing, and the nutritional profile cant be beat.

Real Gains it’s a essential weapon to any bulking season and more then that, it’s the best meal replacement you can handle with you. Three different types of protein, a good amount of carbs and only 3g of saturated Fat per serving…Damn!! What more you can ask for?

A Subscribed Supplement

D-Bomb
01-09-07, 6:11 am
got the big ass container and went through that like a dream. great gaINER! amazing actually.

strawberry not a favourite flavour of mine though.

G Diesel
01-09-07, 10:27 am
Love the stuff... I do anywhere from 1-3 full serving shakes a day mixed in 8 oz of lowfat milk. Perfect way to supplement your calories, plus it doesn't leave me so full that I don't want to eat my whole food. Peace, G

Mr.Totality
01-09-07, 2:10 pm
Love the stuff... I do anywhere from 1-3 full serving shakes a day mixed in 8 oz of lowfat milk. Perfect way to supplement your calories, plus it doesn't leave me so full that I don't want to eat my whole food. Peace, G

thats my usual routine with them. anywhere from 2-3 per day. good gainer

ironWarrior417
01-12-07, 4:50 pm
I got my first tub of RG monday and I just blended the last of it. Lucky for me, I was smart enough to get two! Fantastic gainer and a great flavor (chocolate, at least!)

propstm
01-13-07, 7:35 pm
What do you guys think it is price wise?

Diehazard
01-17-07, 7:32 am
Yea fellas this damnt supp. is off da hook
it realy helps me in gaining approx. 10lbs in a one 6.8lbs tube!!!
I also depend on oats and penut butter to help me get the gain that I want

napalm bomb
01-17-07, 4:50 pm
i can vouch that real gains is the real deal. I've taken many weightgainers and none have given me the results that real gains have produced. Chocolate is the shit

Revolutionary
02-12-07, 11:44 am
Hey can anyone here give me the ingredients on the Real Gains supp... ive heard real gains is the shit from all my fellow brothers so I think i would probably like to try it out.......... All i need in the Protein, Carbs, and Fat/Sugars... thx peeps God Bless!

COLE
02-12-07, 11:48 am
Container Size: 6.85 Lbs.
Serving Size: 3.5 Scoops (155g)
Servings Per Container: 21

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 610
Calories from Fat 53
Total Fat 6g 9%
Saturated Fat 3g 14%
Cholesterol 97mg 32%
Total Carbohydrates 87g 29%
Dietary Fiber 5g 19%
Sugars 5g
Protein 52g 104%
Calcium 316mg 32%
Iron 2mg 11%
Sodium 168mg 7%
Potassium 503mg 14%

Ingredients:
Maltodextrin, Real Gains protein complex (ultra filtered whey concentrate, micellar casein, whey protein isolate), dutch processed cocoa, inulin, flaxseed oil, mct, calcium caseinate, chocolate flavor, natural and artificial flavors, sodium chloride, sucralose, acesulfame potassium.

Directions: Use one serving between meals and at bedtime. Due to potency, you may want to take half the recommended dosage.

Revolutionary
02-12-07, 12:06 pm
thx dude it looks very similar to the gainer i have now so i guess ill try it out....

G Diesel
02-12-07, 12:08 pm
Awesome stuff... Two Real Gains a day are an integral part of my mass gaining protocol. My boy Powerfreak is crushing the Real Gains of late as well and loving it. Peace, G

Gambit
02-12-07, 12:09 pm
Definitely go for the Real Gains...no frilly bullshit, just serious mass. And isn't that what we're all looking for?

Grn92LX
02-25-07, 6:01 pm
I am thinking of trying this. I am trying to gain weight. I'm around 150lbs and trying to get bigger. Right now I just started taking animal pak, animal M stack and animal pump. I been using whey but im almost finished with it. Would real gains be a good replacement for it? Or would i need to take both?

txpower
02-25-07, 7:03 pm
yes, as it's not just whey, it's a blend with whey and casein, any protein blend is better than just straight whey. if you want more info on why just let me know. otherwise i'll save you all the scientific babble

Titan
02-25-07, 7:20 pm
This is a great product. I take it one or two times a day. It is good to mix two scoops(a serving is 3 and a half) with a scoop of whey protein. I would give it a try if I were you. Hope this help bro.

Grn92LX
02-25-07, 7:52 pm
Which would be better for post work out, Real gains or ON 100% whey?

So you guys are saying I should take both?

txpower
02-25-07, 7:54 pm
no real gains has whey in it. he might be saying and maybe he does it but i don't.

Angst
02-25-07, 8:05 pm
I would suggest still taking the whey protein post-workout, btw Universal's Ultra Iso whey taste amazing, go get a free sample at universalnutrition.com and see for yourself.
Realgains is the best gainer i've ever used, but it ain't no magic supp. Take Realgains BETWEEN your six meals. Realgains is not a meal replacement drink, so you still gotta get all ur meals in. Good luck bro

mattpatt
02-25-07, 8:14 pm
Angst ...

Great point - I'm a hardgainer and have made mistake in the past of using these as meal placements. It doesn't make it any easier now that I'm older. Get your real food! It's vital!

Gmoney
02-26-07, 1:43 am
I am trying it now and I am also a hardgainer. don't like the strawberry but if it's gonna help me who cares. so far it seems to be helping me. I already put on a couple of pounds the first week. Rock it out

Mr.Totality
02-26-07, 12:18 pm
it is a definite worthwhile investment. great gainer

BeastFromMiddleEast
02-26-07, 12:22 pm
Real Gains would be GREEEEEEEAT for you!

150 lbs, I assume you are an ectomorph, you will be great as long as you eat right, train hard and take that Real Gains.

IronLeague
02-26-07, 12:27 pm
Real Gains is the way to go if you wanna gain a little extra.. I use it in the offseason to pack on extra size.. I make a MASS SHAKE out of it (many threads on this) I've been doing it for years.

I use 4 scoops of Real Gains, 16oz of whole milk, some PB, 1 banana, and 1 cup of oats.. this gets the job done.

Respect,
IronLeague

Powerfreak
02-26-07, 12:29 pm
Real Gains would be GREEEEEEEAT for you!

150 lbs, I assume you are an ectomorph, you will be great as long as you eat right, train hard and take that Real Gains.

Real gains is the best gainer I have used to date. I double the serving size (6 scoops) and have it as my last meal of the day right before bed,as well as at least one more during the day.

G Diesel
02-26-07, 1:08 pm
Real gains is the best gainer I have used to date. I double the serving size (6 scoops) and have it as my last meal of the day right before bed,as well as at least one more during the day.

Damn Pwrfrk... That is how the big boys do it. I love Real Gains too. I'll do one serving (3.5 scoops) with oatmeal, milk and peanut butter in the AM and before bed. Peace, G

Targac21
02-28-07, 2:30 am
I'm thinking about picking this up.. How do you guys like them? taste? price? quality? Everything I have had from universal has been amazing so far I'm just wondering how the taste is and how it differs from other weight gainers.

Thanks,

ghost
02-28-07, 9:29 am
i have had GREAT gains with it. high quality product if you ask me. GREAT taste. blends well. i always mix mine with PB, a banana, and some oats..mmmmm

Gmoney
02-28-07, 9:32 am
I also am trying it now with the alpha testing and I like it. Gained a couple of pounds already. Could be water weight but at least the scale is moving for me I am also a hardgainer still at age 26. 31.90(shipping include) at discountanabolics. Strawberry isn't all that but it was all they had. Throw some oats and peanut butter....all set. LAter, bro

doomsdaylover
02-28-07, 10:09 am
I've never used weight gainers, I always just eat a shit load during a bulking cycle. Do you eat real gains post-workout? Pre? Or just as an MRP?

ghost
02-28-07, 10:19 am
i use real gains as a morning shake, mid morning snack, mid afternoon snack, pwo shake, and before bed.

yeah it is a lot. but it takes a LOT for me to gain.

Mr.Totality
02-28-07, 9:58 pm
i use real gains as a morning shake, mid morning snack, mid afternoon snack, pwo shake, and before bed.

yeah it is a lot. but it takes a LOT for me to gain.

must cost you a fortune

ghost
02-28-07, 11:27 pm
That it does.

Mr.Totality
03-01-07, 11:25 am
isnt there another way for you, maybe not as many shakes?

ghost
03-01-07, 11:28 am
that would kill a lot of my calorie intake per day. and id have to make it up with heavier meals. either way it is expensive.

Wasteland
03-01-07, 1:18 pm
isnt there another way for you, maybe not as many shakes?

When you're on higher calories, whole foods can sit in your gut a while, making it difficult to eat that next meal... Real Gains is absorbed quickly and exits the gut quickly, giving you room for that next whole meal...

Segansational
03-06-07, 4:10 pm

Damn. That's a whole lot of Real Gains. I was taking it post-workout at only 2 scoops 'cause of my size and to make it last a little longer. But it seems this is best taken as a shake in between solid meals with straight whey and carbs post. Next time I'll go with this protocol. Hopefully the new PWO shake that's being tested will be a winner and then I can incorporate that in. I will say though that RG is the best protein powder I've tasted to date.

pfelder
03-10-07, 7:52 pm
i want to try real gains yet not sure if it would really help me out or not. right now i am weighing in at around 260 and am about 6 foot. i am a pretty big guy but want to still gian more muscle mass before cutting. could i use RG to do this or should i look to find something that is not such a weight gainer?

NJack2AF
03-14-07, 11:37 am
Real gains is the shit. I had always done the chocolate or vanilla and just bought some strawberry though. Strawberry is disgusting... O well I know to go back to vanilla or chocolate next time!

Mr.Totality
03-15-07, 9:01 am
When you're on higher calories, whole foods can sit in your gut a while, making it difficult to eat that next meal... Real Gains is absorbed quickly and exits the gut quickly, giving you room for that next whole meal...

thats a fair point. I havent tried using shakes as frequently, but I understand the logic

albertaboy
03-15-07, 2:13 pm
I have to try this stuff. Never took any weight gain before. Just looked at the site where I get my sups from and they don't have it what the fuck! I guess I am going to have to keep looking. Any ideas where in Canada I can pick some up?

brandonA
03-15-07, 3:05 pm
Here's a question...im cutting some major fat right now....would real gains be a good before bed shake on a cut?

-B

Segansational
03-21-07, 6:18 pm
Just picked up one of the 6.85 lb'ers!

Ricky P
03-29-07, 12:20 pm
Yeah I just grabbed the 6.85lb'er as well. I've had two shakes since it got to my doorstep at 4 o'clock yesterday.

I saw mixed responses from this question earlier - from one of the Universal guys, you suggest taking a reg. whey protein PWO? And using RG just in b/t meals? Or could I use it as my PWO Protein?

Because that was pretty much my plan was to use a couple scoops pre-workout and then a full serving post-workout. One in the morning, one before bed.

G Diesel
03-29-07, 12:36 pm
Here's a question...im cutting some major fat right now....would real gains be a good before bed shake on a cut?

-B

Too many carbs before bed if you are trying to get ripped. Keep your ingestion of carbs to a minimum at night if you are attempting to shed bodyfat. Peace, G

brandonA
03-29-07, 12:39 pm
Too many carbs before bed if you are trying to get ripped. Keep your ingestion of carbs to a minimum at night if you are attempting to shed bodyfat. Peace, G

right on, thanks g...nothing but veggies with dinner....

-B

311srt4
04-02-07, 9:49 pm

im using real gain for a post work out shake and i just goin to be startin a cut. i take my real gain at about 3 and more carbs after that

NickSP
04-02-07, 10:51 pm
Got my first RG comin in tomorrow with my second tub of Torrent...

Ricky P
04-04-07, 11:22 pm
.... I'll do one serving (3.5 scoops) with oatmeal, milk and peanut butter in the AM and before bed. Peace, G

I used this here recipe tonight, fuckin' delicious. One of the best tasting shakes I've ever had - I may just have another one, that's how overwhelmingly pleasant it was.

G Diesel
04-05-07, 10:26 am
I used this here recipe tonight, fuckin' delicious. One of the best tasting shakes I've ever had - I may just have another one, that's how overwhelmingly pleasant it was.

Agreed bro... It is an enjoyable way of easily adding mega calories to your diet. Can't beat that. Peace, G

dyskee
04-11-07, 6:11 pm
hey guys if am cutting can i take one half serving following my workout as a meal replacement. my cutting calories are 2300 cals

The Epidemic
04-14-07, 12:27 pm
i love my 6.8 tub of real gains for 28$.. i cant beat it! itsthe best tasting next to muslce milk( MM is costly)

Ricky P
04-14-07, 1:15 pm
Guys I got this tub of Chocolate RG's at the end of March. I'm already seeing the bottom of the container! I don't go through 3lbs. of protein this fast! I'm actually about to go have another shake since I just got back from the gym - There's only about 2 servings left! Going to have to dump more of that paycheck into sup's.. Damn this shit went faster than I thought.

Mr.Totality
04-14-07, 10:45 pm
Its a great gainer but it goes quick as hell

Maccabee
04-14-07, 10:52 pm
I am trying it out for the first time myself. compared to other protein shakes I used to use this one is just much better.

Ricky P
04-14-07, 11:22 pm
I just ordered another tub of Chocolate RG's today. It should be here with the other parts of my big boy stak that I'm about to dominate. This tub should go even quicker than the first.

Segansational
04-15-07, 2:47 pm
I just ordered another tub of Chocolate RG's today. It should be here with the other parts of my big boy stak that I'm about to dominate. This tub should go even quicker than the first.

Nice. I'll be ordering one tomorrow. It does go quickly though. What else is in your stack (not to throw this off topic)? As a side note, my girlfriend saw my RG tub and said "You know you're eating something out of a bucket" and I just laughed.

Ricky P
04-15-07, 2:50 pm
Nice. I'll be ordering one tomorrow. It does go quickly though. What else is in your stack (not to throw this off topic)? As a side note, my girlfriend saw my RG tub and said "You know you're eating something out of a bucket" and I just laughed.

I ordered the Choc. RG's, also picked up Stak2, the new Torrent, and Shock Therapy. Already have a good amount of Pak's left so those will be included. I'm just real pumped to try Torrent, I've heard nothing but awesome things about it. I'm excited to stack it with Shock and Stak2.

Segansational
04-15-07, 3:41 pm
I ordered the Choc. RG's, also picked up Stak2, the new Torrent, and Shock Therapy. Already have a good amount of Pak's left so those will be included. I'm just real pumped to try Torrent, I've heard nothing but awesome things about it. I'm excited to stack it with Shock and Stak2.

Sounds good. I loved the taste and ingredient profile of Torrent. I'm sure you've already seen all of the reviews, but here's a link to mine in case you're interested: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1835081

Ricky P
04-15-07, 3:59 pm
Thanks brother, I appreciate it.

rainwave
04-22-07, 4:00 am
Was thinking about getting Real Gains. I've tried all kinds of weight gainers, and once had a product that had 12.5g of sugar in it and around 691 calories, but it tasted like shit. I don't want a lot of sugar don't get me wrong, but Real Gains appears to have less sugar than a protein shake for those dieting. Was wondering where all the flavor comes from? (you all said it tastes great)

Thanks guys. Peace.

Big Jawn
04-22-07, 4:29 am
Was thinking about getting Real Gains. I've tried all kinds of weight gainers, and once had a product that had 12.5g of sugar in it and around 691 calories, but it tasted like shit. I don't want a lot of sugar don't get me wrong, but Real Gains appears to have less sugar than a protein shake for those dieting. Was wondering where all the flavor comes from? (you all said it tastes great)

Thanks guys. Peace.

Real gains is high in taste, low in bullshit. More of the carbs you need and less of those you don't, the good flavor (in Real Gain's Chocolate) comes from the dutch pressed cocoa and chocolate fudge flavor, which is sweetened with sucralose and acesulfame-potassium.

ghost
04-22-07, 11:06 am
i lov real gains..just like big jawn said...high on taste, low on bullshit.

poppa flex
04-26-07, 10:03 pm
does it mix well in a shaker cup?or does it get all chunky and have to use a blender??

Ricky P
04-26-07, 10:44 pm
I mix it in a shaker, 16-18 oz. of water and 3 scoops of it. Mixes pretty easily. No chunks in my shake, it goes down real easy brother.

I use a blender when making the concoction I got from G Diesel (see top of this page), obviously those ingredients won't mix well in a shaker.

Segansational
04-27-07, 1:54 pm
does it mix well in a shaker cup?or does it get all chunky and have to use a blender??

I mix it in milk and do it in stages to help prevent clumping. So add in the powder, a little milk, and mix. Add more milk, mix. Repeat.

MickMars
04-29-07, 4:53 am
Hey guys,

I just found out that my local supplement shop started selling Real Gains but it is only available in vanilla. Have any of you guys tried the vanilla flavor? I've went through other vanilla shakes in the past and most of them tasted er.... un-vanilla like.

LegDay_UKIGS
05-03-07, 9:18 am
I've been looking for a gainer protein... and after comaring several others... real gains is just the better choice... the big thing I like is very low amount of sugar/serving. a big helper in gaining "good" weight.

G Diesel
05-03-07, 9:44 am
Hey guys,

I just found out that my local supplement shop started selling Real Gains but it is only available in vanilla. Have any of you guys tried the vanilla flavor? I've went through other vanilla shakes in the past and most of them tasted er.... un-vanilla like.

Yo Mick... I like the vanilla a lot, especially because of its ability to be easily integrated into mixtures with other ingredients. With milk, oats and pb or a banana, vanilla Real Gains is phenomenal. Peace, G

Universal Rep
05-03-07, 9:48 am
Fellas, speak your mind and tell us what new flavors, if any, Universal should consider launching:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=6226

Wasteland
05-03-07, 9:51 am
Yo Mick... I like the vanilla a lot, especially because of its ability to be easily integrated into mixtures with other ingredients. With milk, oats and pb or a banana, vanilla Real Gains is phenomenal. Peace, G

I like strawberry and chocolate the best, but you make a good point G--vanilla gives you a lot more flexibility.

JMC
05-03-07, 9:58 am

I actually love the chocolate mixed with all that....I think chocolate and banana is a ridiculous mix....vanilla's no joke too though.

loiacanoa
05-03-07, 10:30 am
I think I'm going to have to pick up a tub of real gainer after this summer.

Powerfreak
05-06-07, 10:53 pm

I went from 235 to 280 since january using RealGains, good stuff.

MickMars
05-07-07, 3:35 am
I just picked up a tub of Vanilla Real Gains and a bottle of Uni-Liver. I already reserved a tub of Chocolate Real Gains which I'll be buying by the end of the week. Getting ready for my major bulk in 2 weeks time. hehe...

Wasteland
05-07-07, 11:09 am
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=6226

flannel
05-10-07, 1:44 pm
Can you take it during the summer if you want to stay lean ? I don't mean being a bit bloated in the winter when i'm packing on mass, but will the 87 g of carbs give you a bloat in the summer ? Thanks !

NickSP
05-10-07, 4:17 pm
RG is fine if you're on a cut IMO there's only like 1 g sugar per scoop out of like 25 g total carbs, I would just say try not to down any before bed time....don't want too many carbs before bed

flannel
05-10-07, 7:51 pm
Thanks for the advice Nick ! I'll give it a try right away and see how I fair on RG. Thanks again!

Segansational
05-11-07, 1:42 pm
RG is fine if you're on a cut IMO there's only like 1 g sugar per scoop out of like 25 g total carbs, I would just say try not to down any before bed time....don't want too many carbs before bed

Yeah, probably a good idea... I should follow that advice. Although, I'm only taking 2 scoops each time. Maybe I'll cut back to 1 scoop pre-bed.

JHOORNSTRA
05-19-07, 2:11 pm

So you think it'd be better to take 2 shakes sometime during the day? Would taking it before bed put fat on? I want to gain alotta weight, but not fat obviously.

Ricky P
05-19-07, 2:27 pm
So you think it'd be better to take 2 shakes sometime during the day? Would taking it before bed put fat on? I want to gain alotta weight, but not fat obviously.

I took G Diesel's recipe for a mass shake with RG's before bed. I used 3 scoops of Choc. RG's, 2 scoops of PB, 1/2 cup of oats and maybe 1/2 cup of Choc. PB Cup ice cream with about 5g glutamine and blended it all up. One of the best tasting shakes I've ever had.

jukejax
05-20-07, 8:30 pm
just got my first big bucket of RG...someone told me to mix with water and not milk because "milk is dairy and will go str8 to ur pancreas that way etc etc"...i dont have too much faith in his word so im postin it here...so basically...if im takin RG after my workout...for absorbtion and best results...water or milk or does it not really matter?

JHOORNSTRA
05-25-07, 10:50 pm
I just wanna ask you guys....Im bulkin now and takin RG in the AM and then once more before bed. But about takin it in the AM....do you drink it and then have ur eggs..if so how long do u wait to eat ur eggs? Or do you just drink it as a breakfast (with oats and banana in it).

Rock

Segansational
05-27-07, 10:43 pm
I just wanna ask you guys....Im bulkin now and takin RG in the AM and then once more before bed. But about takin it in the AM....do you drink it and then have ur eggs..if so how long do u wait to eat ur eggs? Or do you just drink it as a breakfast (with oats and banana in it).

Rock

I was taking Real Gains with breakfast as my first meal of the day. Now I'm just using plain whey protein since I'm cutting, but I still take it with breakfast.

stumblin54
05-27-07, 11:35 pm

Rock

I eat and drink it all in one meal (ten eggs with five whole, oats, banana, milk, RG, PB). Breakfast is critical for me, but I have a big appetite so if you want to do this make sure you're able to eat a lot.

Stumblin

Animal Rep
09-04-07, 4:39 pm
Just a heads up fellas. New Real Gains Banana in 6.85lb is now in stock at the Universal warehouse. We should have the 3.81lb jug in early next week. http://www.universalnutrition.com/store/html/product.cfm?id=222

Arnold Is Numero Uno
09-05-07, 10:19 pm
I got it in the mail today!!! the 6 pounder!!! thanks Universal Nutrition for providing these promos....you guys keep gaining more and more respect from me...anyway, its the new banana flavor and im going to try it tonight before i go to bed so i will let you know what i think about it

MassMonster
09-08-07, 10:58 pm
got mine on thursday .... gunna be a bit till i use it...but im glad i have it i love banana

jetskeete
09-25-07, 1:56 am
im ordering RG my self for the first time since i just ran out of my whey protein. im trying to gain mass, so RG it self would be good right without purchasing any other protein whey ? because im not sure if the people that are taking RG in here are also taking other whey protein or just the RG it self through out the day. thx.

MassMonster
09-25-07, 11:25 am
im ordering RG my self for the first time since i just ran out of my whey protein. im trying to gain mass, so RG it self would be good right without purchasing any other protein whey ? because im not sure if the people that are taking RG in here are also taking other whey protein or just the RG it self through out the day. thx.

we all take whey also... the Real Gains is just so u can get in alotta extra cals u may not be able to get in with whole food.... not a post w/o supp

Wasteland
09-25-07, 11:27 am

Whey is not mandatory just as Real Gains is not. They are useful supplements. That said, Real Gains is ideal on a bulk. As to whether or not you need whey, probably only if you still need help getting enough protein in the day. Assuming you generally know how much protein you need daily, figure in the protein you get from your meals, the Real Gains. Now see if there is a gap. Fill the gap with more food, or Real Gains, or whey. Your call.

JMC
10-08-07, 10:59 am
Alright folks...as much as I hat to admit this, I had to buy a tub of another company's mass gainer, not Real Gains yesterday. My delivery will come a day late b/c of the holiday today, so my Real Gains gets here tomorrow and I misjudged how long the two tubs I had would last. Anyways back to the point. Sticking within the rules, I won't mention the name of the product, but it is not Universal, as the retailer I have near me does not sell Universal protein products.

Let me tell you...that was a mistake! Have you ever seen a monkey fuck a football!?!? Well, I mixed my servings for today up in the Magic bullet, which if you don't know, can handle anything, so far at least. The bullet has met its match! This shit made an absolute mess, sticking to the side of the bullet, I had to take the blender off, scrape the sides, put it back on and blend again, twice! What a fucking debacle this turned out to be!!!

The point of the story is the highly underrated benefit of the best protein supplement made, Real Gains, is the mixibility my friends. Yes, the quality protein and carbs, mixed with oats and PB, the taste is amazing...but the ability to mix with those ingredients as well as mix with the simple ingredient, water, without fucking up 20 minutes of my life.

Just another thanks to Universal...looking out for my sanity one shake at a time!

MassMonster
10-08-07, 2:57 pm
for all that dont know this real gains has like 7grams of sugar.... and thats the whole 3.5 scoops.... i went into a local supp store to see if i could get a quick tub and found out they didnt carry it... well my friends i was suggested to buy a different product, but i like to know the nutritional values of what im ingesting... and bros if im lying my i get shot in the ass.... but this mass gainer had fucking 60 grams of sugar i mean holy shit... thats fuckin tubby suprise right there.... thats why real gains is the best mass supp. and dont forget it...

Riesjs
10-08-07, 3:21 pm
60 Grams?

MassMonster
10-08-07, 3:24 pm
yup the other brand had 60 grams.... i had to fuckin do a double take... i looked at another 1 and it was 50 grams....i mean damn mass gainer only let u gain fat...

Riesjs
10-08-07, 3:25 pm
Its funny, all that sugar, and some others just dont taste as good as RG. Sugar sucks

MassMonster
10-08-07, 3:26 pm
ya damn straight...

MetalAsh12
10-18-07, 10:57 am
I've tried the real gains banana flavor, and it tasted a bit chalky to me...does chocolate leave that same chalky feeling your mouth?

MetalAsh12
10-21-07, 11:25 pm
bump, I need to know...planning on ordering two 6 pounders if you guys like the chocolate.

Preston
10-21-07, 11:50 pm
bump, I need to know...planning on ordering two 6 pounders if you guys like the chocolate.

just buy it, your taste buds may be a bit bitchier than mine.

MetalAsh12
10-22-07, 12:29 am
just buy it, your taste buds may be a bit bitchier than mine.

most likely; thanks for the feedback.

Segansational
10-22-07, 9:08 pm
most likely; thanks for the feedback.

The "chalkiness" texture comes from the casein. But you'll grow to love it.

Xandernfs
10-22-07, 9:45 pm
I love my real gains.....nothing but pure goodness!!

Gmoney
11-19-07, 9:13 am
Ever since I have used this it has been nothing but positive gains. Going through my second 6 lb tub and gained 4 lbs on the first. This stuff is the best gaining supp that I have tried and really works for me. I'll tell you the Universal line works great with my body and training. Never will stray from this company . later

jetskeete
11-22-07, 1:41 am
im trying to switch from my whey to real gains. anybody thinks real gains has too many cholesteroL?

stumblin54
11-22-07, 2:21 am
im trying to switch from my whey to real gains. anybody thinks real gains has too many cholesteroL?

No, did somebody tell you this?

Stumblin

erhan101
11-22-07, 2:31 am
I got my hands on the Chocolate flavour. Its crazy mad!! Nah look you have tiny bit of chunks i mean REAL tiny when you shake it yourself. Virtually nothign if you blend it. But yeah it all goes down very well. And the full serving of it isnt that bad either i mean its potent but you can handle it.

jetskeete
11-22-07, 10:20 am
No, did somebody tell you this?

Stumblin

no i just saw the amount of cholesterol. its way higher than my usual whey protein. just feel alittle skeptical.

stumblin54
11-22-07, 1:16 pm
RG is almost a staple when bulking for me, so I'd say you'll be alright with it.

Stumblin

Segansational
11-22-07, 4:00 pm
Just ordered myself a big tub of the banana flavor, can't wait to try this flavor out!

Segansational
11-28-07, 3:14 pm
Update to this, I just got my banana real gains last night. Had my first shake pre-bed and then another this morning, 2 scoops with skim milk. I find that ~8 oz of milk gives it the best flavor IMO. More than that waters it down too much. I can't wait to try mixing this with some PB.

DaveK
11-29-07, 11:54 pm
Don't worry about it. It's not enough to make a difference in your lipids. If anything, maybe your HDL's. It's from the Flax and MCT's. We need them. good luck - DaveK
no i just saw the amount of cholesterol. its way higher than my usual whey protein. just feel alittle skeptical.

DaveK
11-29-07, 11:56 pm
Thanks for the info. Yea, I found that 16 and 12 oz was a bit too watery.
Update to this, I just got my banana real gains last night. Had my first shake pre-bed and then another this morning, 2 scoops with skim milk. I find that ~8 oz of milk gives it the best flavor IMO. More than that waters it down too much. I can't wait to try mixing this with some PB.

DaveK
11-30-07, 12:00 am
Been away from any type of gainers for a long time. Just got two tubs of RG for my off season. Tryin to jump up a class. Love it so far and over the years I've tried them all. It has a real good breakdown with a little less fat than some of the others. Hopefully it does it's job. So far so good. Just remember, any gainer or supplement is just part of the puzzle!

staudt
01-29-08, 7:15 pm
I'm 15 5'8''-5'10'' (idk height exactly) and weight about 165-170lbs. I'm bulking and was wondering if real gains was worth buying, I don't have very much money and all I am taking right now is whey protein and tons of food. Would this help me gain muscle, and also does this make you gain a lot of fat? Any information or suggestions would be appreciated. Also would Pak be good to buy I don't take any type of lifting multi vitamin.

Thanks

John-TNS
01-29-08, 7:20 pm
Real Gains is good stuff...Mix with milk inbetween meals it works great! I budget it in with my bulk...Gotta pay the cost to be the boss!

intoodeep25
01-29-08, 7:22 pm
yes, pak would be an excellent buy..well worth the money if your on a budget..as far as RG goes, its up to you..i am NOT saying this is not an excellent product so lets not get it twisted, but IMO you can make your own homemade weight gainer..oats, natty pb, milk, with some whey and your good..also try to limit yourself to one, maybe two, shakes a day and eat mostly whole foods..just my opinion, hope it helps

Ricky P
01-29-08, 7:23 pm
Don't want to harp on this but try using the search:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=227&highlight=real+gains

Tons of info on Real Gains in here, and just for the record: It is 100% worth the money, IMO it's underpriced.

Freakshow
01-29-08, 7:28 pm
Real Gains is the best gainer on the market, period. I just wish it came in a bigger size.

Riesjs
01-29-08, 7:33 pm
1st off - http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13759

Don't want to harp on this but try using the search:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=227&highlight=real+gains

Tons of info on Real Gains in here, and just for the record: It is 100% worth the money, IMO it's underpriced.

It is extremely well priced for what you get!! Big caloires, low sugar, low fat, big gains. An incredible product.

Real Gains is the best gainer on the market, period. I just wish it came in a bigger size.
Its on my "This year I hope universal does this....." list :)

1st off - http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13759

RenegadeRows
01-29-08, 10:54 pm
What freakshow said. I also wish that it came in a bigger size, but I look at the other gainers on the market that cost an arm and a leg and only have like 10-15 servs per container and I quit my bitching.

Getting back to the main question though, Real Gains has a boat load of anabolic substances that help your body recuperate after the major beating it receives in the gym day in and day out. If you have a solid workout routine and a solid diet plan, real gains will just complement your mass-building endeavors to a greater degree.

Wasteland
01-30-08, 12:12 pm
Vote in for the bigger size.

If money is an issue, focus on the food and not the supplements. In general, this is good advice. Where a weight gainer like Real Gains can benefit is where you have appetite issues. Think high quality liquid calories.

1skinnyassedrunt
01-30-08, 12:13 pm

There are reasons why some supplements come in small sizes:
1) There are supplement to be used with a solid diet
2) If you do get results and you want more you have to buy another tub, they would rather you spent £30 a week on a supplement, than £50 every 3 months on a big freakin tub.

A mate of mine tried metacel ('advanced creatine') @£40 a container (roughly a weeks worth) and the tub clearly states you need 3 weeks before you see results.

ralf_snake
01-30-08, 1:20 pm
Let me put it like this.

Or you buy Real Gains and add weight.

OR

You buy some other crappy Brand Weight Gainer and wake up in the middle of the night puking it all out again.

Its up to you

Ricky P
01-30-08, 2:05 pm
Bottom line - It is worth the money without a doubt. Get the 6.85lb. tub of it and start hammering it.

I used G Diesel's recipe for a mass shake and it was one of the greatest things I've ever consumed, I made some adjustments to make it an all out mass shake:

The original G Diesel mix is here:

I add oats, natty PB and milk to mine and have one first thing in the AM and one before bed. Awesome stuff. Peace, G

I added oats, natty pb, milk and even some low fat ice cream into the mix - blended it up and never tasted anything better. I used chocolate RG's and low fat butterfinger flavored ice cream. Wow.

k1usa
01-30-08, 2:08 pm
its worth the dough.....the names gives it away bro...ANimal goodies work...dont even take chances with a cheaper product...been there..done that....stay ANimal

krazyassmexican
01-30-08, 2:11 pm
askin that is like asking if steak and potates will get you big LOL
real gains is the shit man

Hendo
01-30-08, 11:57 pm
had questions, came to the forvm, got the answers within seconds. I was a little worried about the cholesterol too... I'm not huge and the 96g just stuck out to me. Granted after I searched for some info on and found that I didn't have to worry about it harming me, I came to the realization that my whey/casein mix that I drink every day when I'm leaving work has around 70g total on its own. So I just ordered my first 2 tubs of chocolate. (I really wish there was chocolate/peanutbutter or chocolate/mint because I hate bananna lol)

I've got one other question tho how exactly does this stuff stack up against a double serving of muscle milk? I used to take muscle milk and loved the results but quit it because of all the talk of potential brain damage in the future.

adidas
01-31-08, 3:06 am
yes, pak would be an excellent buy..well worth the money if your on a budget..as far as RG goes, its up to you..i am NOT saying this is not an excellent product so lets not get it twisted, but IMO you can make your own homemade weight gainer..oats, natty pb, milk, with some whey and your good..also try to limit yourself to one, maybe two, shakes a day and eat mostly whole foods..just my opinion, hope it helps

with out a doubt IMO the best way to go wt gainer wise.

rhane
02-13-08, 7:16 pm
I've been using a gainer that comes in a 10 lb bag, and it's pretty tasty. Any reason Real Gains doesn't come in a bigger tub than 6 lbs?

RoJoHen
02-13-08, 11:44 pm
This is a long thread, and I tried skimming through the whole thing but didn't read exactly what I wanted to know.

I've only once bought a weight gainer, and it was awful. It was maybe a 5lb tub, and the servings were 3 scoops. But the scoop was the size of a fuckin coffee cup and the container only had like 9 servings. I tried following those directions, and it ended up filling 1.5 blenders! Seemed kind of ridiculous.

Is Real Gains more along the lines of a normal protein supplement in terms of serving size (or hell, just SCOOP size!)? Meaning: could you fill one entire 3.5 scoop serving into a normal-sized shaker cup?

rhane
02-14-08, 1:11 am
This is a long thread, and I tried skimming through the whole thing but didn't read exactly what I wanted to know.

I've only once bought a weight gainer, and it was awful. It was maybe a 5lb tub, and the servings were 3 scoops. But the scoop was the size of a fuckin coffee cup and the container only had like 9 servings. I tried following those directions, and it ended up filling 1.5 blenders! Seemed kind of ridiculous.

Is Real Gains more along the lines of a normal protein supplement in terms of serving size (or hell, just SCOOP size!)? Meaning: could you fill one entire 3.5 scoop serving into a normal-sized shaker cup?

funniest thing I ever read...seriously. I hope you find your answer bro, I never tried the stuff. From my experience the "scoop" size of the gainer I use is more like the coffee cup you are referring to, but the serving size is only one of those monsters and it comes in 10 lb bags... I have to mix mine in a blender bc by the time you put it in a shaker bottle there is only room enough for a couple piss drops of water... Like you, I'm wondering about RealGains... Hopefully we can get some answers.

Riesjs
02-16-08, 11:21 am

the scoops are a pretty normal size, in comparison to other protein scoopers. I use a nalgene bottle with 3.5-4 scoops and fill it with about 3/4 full of water or milk. So, yes, you can fit it in a normal shaker

rhane
02-17-08, 5:04 pm
Any suggestions on the Real Gains flavor? I'm about to order some and wanted to get feedback on whether to get the vanilla or chocolate?

Segansational
02-19-08, 9:44 am
So I just ordered my first 2 tubs of chocolate. (I really wish there was chocolate/peanutbutter or chocolate/mint because I hate bananna lol)

I've got one other question tho how exactly does this stuff stack up against a double serving of muscle milk? I used to take muscle milk and loved the results but quit it because of all the talk of potential brain damage in the future.

Just throw in a scoop of PB and blend it up.

What's this talk of brain damage??

Any suggestions on the Real Gains flavor? I'm about to order some and wanted to get feedback on whether to get the vanilla or chocolate?

Between the two, I'd opt for chocolate.

Mr.Totality
02-19-08, 12:17 pm
In terms of falvor, I always steer clear of vanilla, chocolate only for me. Also, you can add natty PB or even better Almond butter. Just got turned onto that recently

McFly
02-19-08, 12:30 pm
this thread got me sold.

i popped the top of my real gains last night....hope it helps me get into the 260's.

btw it mixes better then my isolate, and taste damn good even with tap warm water.

Mastrcruse
02-21-08, 6:17 pm
Just thought I would put my opinion out there. I actually got the Chocolate Real Gains today, opened her up and took a sip.

First off, use cold water.

Other then that... 10/10. Tastes great and isn't like sucking down chalk.

Great Product!

xxscaxx
02-21-08, 6:28 pm
funniest thing I ever read...seriously. I hope you find your answer bro, I never tried the stuff. From my experience the "scoop" size of the gainer I use is more like the coffee cup you are referring to, but the serving size is only one of those monsters and it comes in 10 lb bags... I have to mix mine in a blender bc by the time you put it in a shaker bottle there is only room enough for a couple piss drops of water... Like you, I'm wondering about RealGains... Hopefully we can get some answers.

yes, u can fit 3.5 scoops in a shaker and still have enough water to mix it up in and blend up fine. the scooper isnt too big at all, but the amount of powder fills up like half the shaker, to give you a sense.

ralf_snake
03-17-08, 2:12 pm
Those farts cant be beat.

fix'd

Lunatic001
03-17-08, 2:15 pm
I have a couple of samples but my question is, are the samples a full serving?

Thanks,
Lunatic001

houseofpain
03-17-08, 2:21 pm
Great stuff. Started using 2 scoops twice a day (total of 4 scoops daily) on my first 3.5lb container. Got the big 6lb one on its way in the mail. Thinkin' about upping my serving to 2 full servings daily. Great stuff. Tastes good and it's nutritional profile is alot better then most other gainers or proteins. Definitely recommended if your serious about a bulk. Peace.

HOUSE

IRBS
03-17-08, 2:21 pm
I have a couple of samples but my question is, are the samples a full serving?

Thanks,
Lunatic001

No, the samples you get from UNiversal are not a full serving. It is a good way to pick a flavor though. I personally like Bannana and Strawberry...strawberry is AWESOME!!!

Lunatic001
03-17-08, 2:23 pm
No, the samples you get from UNiversal are not a full serving. It is a good way to pick a flavor though. I personally like Bannana and Strawberry...strawberry is AWESOME!!!

Thanks bro....but do you know how many samples make a serving, I am trying to get the right amount in my shaker before I recieve my order to know if I could carry it on a shaker or mix it at home.....

ralf_snake
03-17-08, 2:24 pm

....wait, what?

There is more than just Vanilla?

IRBS
03-17-08, 2:31 pm
Thanks bro....but do you know how many samples make a serving, I am trying to get the right amount in my shaker before I recieve my order to know if I could carry it on a shaker or mix it at home.....

LOL, I have no clue. I know that I can fit 10oz of milk, 3-5ozs of water and 3.5 scoops (1 full serving) in my BB.com shaker with no problem at all. You shouldnt have any trouble at all fitting it into your shaker cup.

IRBS
03-17-08, 2:32 pm

....wait, what?

There is more than just Vanilla?

LOL, oh yes...Strawberry is the heat!!!

Lunatic001
03-17-08, 2:34 pm
LOL, I have no clue. I know that I can fit 10oz of milk, 3-5ozs of water and 3.5 scoops (1 full serving) in my BB.com shaker with no problem at all. You shouldnt have any trouble at all fitting it into your shaker cup.

Thanks, I appreciate the help..

The Epidemic
05-18-08, 3:54 pm
When Are We Getting A 10pd Tub?

houseofpain
05-18-08, 7:18 pm
When Are We Getting A 10pd Tub?

x2.

hmmca
05-28-08, 11:14 pm
How much water do you use for the 3.5 scoops? I could not find it on the tub and so I guessed on 20 and it tasted a little watery, so I am thinking less water?

Thanks

Mr. Dead
04-27-09, 12:48 pm
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=115929521

"Variety is what makes me choose Real Gains in terms of flavor. It is so tasty and the mix ability is great; I always loved the banana flavor since it reminds me to the banana chewing gum. mmm....... nice!"

monuz
10-31-09, 8:54 am
hey all
i am a hard gainer and I've been talking to the Universal Supplement trainer (really helpful by the way thanks for his help), he recommended "real gains". So since i don't live in US, i cant really get any sample's of this product to try/taste.
so can anyone help me by telling me what flavors are available and tell me how each of the flavors taste like, and any ideas what can be mixed in each? i guess with full cream milk
like id like to just be aware before spending about $100.00AUD on this product
thanks a lot

AJP1
12-20-11, 11:30 am
Nice Reviews.

AJP1
01-06-12, 10:19 am
One of my favorite protein shakes of all time.
Sits easy in the stomach, and you won't need over 10oz of liquid for proper taste.