PDA

View Full Version : Ab workout

J 2the att
12-30-08, 10:25 pm
Sup Fellas
Happy New Year in advance hopefully you got your new years resolution ready.
One of my resolutions is to have a six pack by the end of the year. My obliques are visible and the abs are outlined but are hidden underneath the loose skin i had from being fat two years ago. I feel my skin has tightened up over the years and i believe if not 6 i can have atleast 2 or 4 pack, but i feel like i have been doing the same ab workout for a while now. So just wanted your input on what kind of exercises you do for your ab workouts. Have safe holidays bro

Pizzalamp
12-30-08, 11:35 pm
Sup Fellas
Happy New Year in advance hopefully you got your new years resolution ready.
One of my resolutions is to have a six pack by the end of the year. My obliques are visible and the abs are outlined but are hidden underneath the loose skin i had from being fat two years ago. I feel my skin has tightened up over the years and i believe if not 6 i can have atleast 2 or 4 pack, but i feel like i have been doing the same ab workout for a while now. So just wanted your input on what kind of exercises you do for your ab workouts. Have safe holidays bro

i always change it up

MeanStreet
12-31-08, 6:51 am
IMO abs come from diet mostly but i work my abs twice a week with hanging leg ups ,weighted sit ups and machine sit ups

ShaqFu
12-31-08, 8:58 am
Yea I think abs are greatly affected by diet, but I think the process will be supplemented by training them hard like any other muscle. Something that has always worked for me since I don't want my abs to get big has been to do supersets or circuits of ab work to really make them burn. The heavier I go on my weighted exercises, the bigger my abs, which is not what I want.

Also, Deadlifting and Squatting have helped my abs if you really focus on squeezing and contracting your abs. You could do this on almost any exercise and over time your abs will become more trained, assuming your diet is relatively on point. I used to not do any specific exercises and with pure diet they came in ok, but don't forget that they are a muscle too, fucking kill em to make em better.
ShaqFu

redskin 344
12-31-08, 1:09 pm
You really dont need to do any ab workouts to get a hard midsection...

What you need to do is heavy compounds and focus on intense breathing with that 'tssss' sound when doing the positive portion of the movement, letting out around 75% of the total air. You will feel it in your abs. Your breathing is what makes you strong. Your abs are the powerhouse of your body. If they are soft and weak, your entire body will be weak.

Simply doing heavy free weight work will give you a rock hard 6pack because of the intense breathing you will have to be doing.