PDA

View Full Version : Don't mix...

JJRiel
12-31-08, 9:22 am
tuna w/ oatmeal... just don't. tried it today during work... fucking god awful.

strivin for more
12-31-08, 9:36 am
hahaha thanks for the tip. i also found that chicken oats and protein powder dont mix either.

theharjmann
12-31-08, 9:39 am
they WILL work if you blend them all up, knock them back and think about those big muscles lol!

wedge
12-31-08, 11:14 am
Hold your nose, cock your head and pour it down the gullet.
I hear ya though, I've tried every which way to get cottage cheese to go down. So far, no go.

GJN5002
12-31-08, 11:24 am
I hear ya, I tried tuna with oats and it was bad. I tried tuna with cottage cheese once and it was one of the worst thigns Ive eaten. i dont even know why I thought it might taste good.

futurefreak101
12-31-08, 11:54 am
damn man wtf thats like mixing chicken with peanut butter and jelly.

phlex_ing
12-31-08, 11:57 am
hahaha thanks for the tip. i also found that chicken oats and protein powder dont mix either.

LOL!! did you put the ckicken in a blinder with the powder and oats ? oh my god that sounds nasty.

JJRiel
12-31-08, 12:08 pm
whats really nasty is i put cinnamon in thinking it would cover the taste of the tuna a little... nope. what should have normally taken me 10 minutes to eat seperately, took me a hour. my final bites were cold fish flavored oatmeal chunks... mmmmmmm

T o m m Y
12-31-08, 12:54 pm
haha why would you even THINK of trying that lol..

GJN5002
12-31-08, 1:00 pm
One thing I tried that was good, turkey and peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat.

Little Z
12-31-08, 1:47 pm
whats really nasty is i put cinnamon in thinking it would cover the taste of the tuna a little... nope. what should have normally taken me 10 minutes to eat seperately, took me a hour. my final bites were cold fish flavored oatmeal chunks... mmmmmmm

mmm.. that makes me want to just make up a batch of those famous Cinnamon Oatmeal Tuna Chunked
cookies ive been hearing about.. oh wait.. NO... hahaha

thatdude111
12-31-08, 4:16 pm
Hold your nose, cock your head and pour it down the gullet.
I hear ya though, I've tried every which way to get cottage cheese to go down. So far, no go.

Cottage cheese is my favorite meal just put cinnamon on it

Mizzarler
12-31-08, 5:52 pm
i almost yacked just reading this thread, lol

Bartles
12-31-08, 7:08 pm
When I have to choke down eggs in the morning, or more and even more chicken during the day, I just think, "Man one more bite, one more rep, and I'm there!"

Sucks eating the same thing day in and day out,(except peanut butter lol!) But you gotta do what you gotta do, ya dig?

EDIT: Peanut butter and plain yogurt....I like it. Give it a try.

nck219
12-31-08, 7:20 pm
You can actually make this taste really good...My girl and I eat it atleast twice a day. It takes two cans of tuna(1 can for her) ,1 whole egg, and 1 cup of oatmeal dry(or however much you want). Add in some dill weed seasoning and some mrs dash of your choice. We normally use the Southwest Chipolte. Mix it all up with a fork in a bowl till you've got a consistent blend. Cook it on the skillet like a pancake and bam, youve got a tuna pattie. If you feel special you can even put a little fat free cheese and some ketchup on it. Here lately Ive been cooking them in some extra virgin olive oil which also makes them quite tastey...Lemme know what ya think.

JJRiel
12-31-08, 11:38 pm
whats it taste like? a tuna burger?

Little Z
12-31-08, 11:51 pm

I quess you could compare it to being like a tuna burger, but it really all depends on what you put
in the mix yourself.. i sometimes crack an egg and put it in the mix and they cook up with a little
more texture.. honey mustard did some damage on those bad boys too.. but thats just me..

nck219
01-01-09, 1:04 am

Kinda but its really not very fishy tasting. Its kinda similar to crab cakes, but healthy lol...Im telling you bro's, its actually good. Just try it a few times to get it down to how you like it. When I saw your post I felt obliged to let you in on this bc its a good and easy way to get your pro/carbs in. Deffinately beats the ol' chicken and rice...Little Z, you are right on with the honey mustard...That shit can make just about anything taste good.

Nightshift
01-01-09, 2:26 am
Mike Matarazzo used to do Tuna and Diet coke in a blender.

hawaiiboy
01-01-09, 3:26 am
You can actually make this taste really good...My girl and I eat it atleast twice a day. It takes two cans of tuna(1 can for her) ,1 whole egg, and 1 cup of oatmeal dry(or however much you want). Add in some dill weed seasoning and some mrs dash of your choice. We normally use the Southwest Chipolte. Mix it all up with a fork in a bowl till you've got a consistent blend. Cook it on the skillet like a pancake and bam, youve got a tuna pattie. If you feel special you can even put a little fat free cheese and some ketchup on it. Here lately Ive been cooking them in some extra virgin olive oil which also makes them quite tastey...Lemme know what ya think.

that actually sounds pretty good. i think im gonna have to try that

theharjmann
01-01-09, 10:50 am
i was reading a flex issues a couple of months ago...Eddie Abbew, a UK pro....been in a few olympias...not really finished high, but done wel to put on the size he has:

he said that his metabolism is so high, and he doesnt really like to eat so he needs to blend most of his meals....he blends everything, from whey and oats to steak and potatoes....

His one tip....make sure you thoroughly clean out the blender everytime to prevent tasting beef in your chicken and rice shake LOL!!

I suppose the question is....how much to you want to put on size....how far are you prepared to go?

Animal....way of life

Fucking hell i sound like a TV ad lol.

hawaiiboy
01-01-09, 11:17 am
haha true. but i dont understand why peole dont just eat shit seperately. just pile it down, so you dont get full

Joseb
01-01-09, 8:36 pm
tuna w/ oatmeal... just don't. tried it today during work... fucking god awful.

tasted pretty good when i did it.