PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow...an illusion.

FewL4no1
12-31-08, 11:53 pm
Today is the day. I have been a member of the FORVM for quite some time, but never brought myself to start a log. Today is a new day, and tomorrow starts a new year.

The title of this thread comes from a lot of struggles in my life. Procastination and laziness are what immediately pop into my head. Less about lifting, and more about other areas. School, girlfriend, family, fraternity, etc. So many times I have been so concerned with the future, that I forget about the greatness of the here and now. Every second that ticks by is a gift. I am no longer going to waste or take for granted this gift.

I'm not here to bitch, but I am going to allow myself to put shit into perspective, with guys who understand my plight. More information will come as I continue this log, but for right now, its time for the first step...

Stats:
6'2"
285 lb
~ 20% BF

Workout (Forget which number this is on the splits):
Monday - off/cardio
Tuesday - chest/bi's/calves
Wednesday - Back/abs
Thursday - off/cardio
Friday - Shoulders/tris/calves
Saturday - Make-up/cardio/abs
Sunday - Legs/cardio (stepper for 20 min)

I have been lifting on and off for quite a while, since freshman year of high school. Seriously for ~ a year and a half.

To start things off:

New deadlift max today: 450...Felt easy with all my buddies next to me yellin in my ear. Haha thats a story for later

Goals by end of '09:

Deadlift: 600
Bench: 400 (current 315x2)
ATG Squat: 550 (current unknown, had a messed up ankle for awhile)

Holy shit this was long. Ill get my stack and diet up at a later date. For now, enjoy, and have a great New Years animals.

Carpe Diem P.T
12-31-08, 11:55 pm
good luck friend!

rocky36
01-01-09, 12:17 am
550 atg squat is pretty impressive train hard and smart and you will get it

FewL4no1
01-02-09, 7:11 pm
First lemme say thanks for the support guys. I'll learn to quote later haha.

Alright, Shoulders and Tri's today. Here we go:

DB Military Press:
75's x 8, 85's x 8, 95's x 7, 102.5's x 6. New max on that.

Smith machine Shoulder shrugs:
Front: 315 x 10, 365 x 10, 385 x 6, 395 x 5
Behind: 365 x 10, 395 x 6

Reverse DB Lat Raises:
35's x 10, 40's x 10, 40's x 10

DB Lat Raises:
45's x 10, 50's x 10, 55'x x 8. Gonna drop weight on this and work on form. Swinging too much on these. Might try seated raises so its harder to cheat.

Close-grip Bench:
245 x 8, 265 x 4, 245 x 7. I stood around and talked to a guy I haven't seen for a while before this, so I went somewhat cold. That's something I want to work on. It's tough being a socialite.

Standing behind-the-back DB extensions:
90 x 10, 95 x 6, 97.5 x 7

Rope pull-downs:
110 x 12, 120 x 10, 130 x 9

That's it. Started off good, just need to work on stayin on track between exercises. My sets are in good order, but I like to take talk breaks. What can I say, I am a sucker for good conversation. Also gonna move calves from friday to saturday, since I won't need to make-up anything.

Had a talk with the gf last night about things, and it went well. That's been one of the toughest things for me to with training: trying to communicate the seriousness and strictness of my goals, and I did. That's a HUGE load off of my mind. I'm sure you guys can relate.

Diet and stack will be in the next post. Thanks guys.

FewL4no1
01-03-09, 9:20 pm
Good workout today. Did a new bicep exercise that gave me sum wicked pumps. Calves are still tough with my weak left ankle, but I got some good reps in.

I am not including weights for biceps (and should scratch them for most of my tricep workout) because as I have learned, it's not weight, it's form.

EZ-Bar Standing Bicep Curls:
2xwarm-up, 1x10. Stopped after one set because this bar is at a bad angle with the way i have to grip it and it fudged with my wrists, so I switched to BB Curls. When I go back to my gym at college, I will be using better ez-curl bars.

Standing BB Curls:
2x10, 1x8

Seated DB Curls (no back rest):
1x15, 2x10. I like the no back because it makes you concentrate more on your posture and not swinging when you do the lift, plus you're using your core a bit.

"Ruhl" Curls:
1x15, 1x12, 1x10. This is the new exercise. I am calling these "ruhl" curls after i saw markus ruhl doing these on his Made in Germany vid. You lie on a flat bench perpindicular (math term...i'm so fuckin smart haha) to a pully machine, and with an attachable ez-bar, you lay on your back, and then you curl the bar towards your face. If there is a technical name for this, I would love to hear it.

Seated Calf-Raises:
2xwarm-up. 1x20, 1x15, 1x10

Standing Calf-Raises:
1x15, 1x25, 1x35.

Tried to do toe raises after this, but the ankle was not cooperating. No pain no gain, but no ankle no gain.

Gonna eat my ass of today as I have legs tomorrow and it will be my 2nd training session with squats since I messed up my ankle right before turkey day. I know I will have good news tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

Carpe Diem P.T
01-04-09, 3:04 pm
hey bud, never heard or seen of this ruhl curl but i like the sound of it. i was thinking it didnt make sense til i read through again and saw you mention the cable. thats very cool.

as a personal trainer it can be very hard to mix up someones bicep routine. but thats a good one.

i can relate to you for some reason. u seem very easy going. will be checking in

FewL4no1
01-04-09, 11:29 pm
Today was one of those days where everything clicked. It was my strongest performance to date as far as legs are concerned, as I felt like dying when I got home, which I know is a good sign. New PR on squats.

Leg Extensions:
Warm-up quads with 3x20 - 100 lbs

ATG BB Squats:
1x10 - 135, 2x5 - 275, 315; 1x3 - 345, 1x1 - 375, 1x1 - 405. Full depth on all squats. 375 was paper-weight for the 345 x 3, and it felt damn easy, so I bumped up to 405, and got it with minimal struggle. I would have gone more, but I got in the weight room late and had other exercises to get to. 405 is the highest for me, at least at ATG. I've dun it before, but not at this depth. Was on fuckin cloud 9 after this.

Leg Press:
3x20 - 2pps, 3pps, 4pps. Gonna start next week at a minimum of 3pps.

Hack Squats:
1x10 - 2pps, 1x6 - 2p and 25 ps, 1x6 - 2p and 35 ps *drop set* 1xfailure - 1pps. Thot I was gonna get at least 15+ reps on the drop set, but my quads were toast and only got 10. Great feeling after I was done with these. Walking wasn't fun, but damn it felt good.

Seated Leg Curls:
2x10 - 120, 130; 1x8 - 140.

Lying One-Leg Curls:
2x10 - 50, 55; 1x8 - 60. I did these and the seated curls in quick succession and my hammys were feeling good after.

Unfortunately the gym was closing as I finished my leg curls so I couldn't get in the stepper, but at the pace I was going, it was good cardio anyways. I had to speed up due to time sake and it was intense.

Next week I am going to work in walking lunges as my last exercise and I am going to rotate leg curls with SLDLs every week. Lemme know what you guys think. Lunges are gonna be a bitch to do last, but will give me a great pump in my legs right before my shake.

Thanks Guys.

FewL4no1
01-06-09, 3:44 pm
Great day. Was on a fuckin mission today. First day back at the college weight room, and I set the pace that im going to be running at for the rest of the semester.

BB Bench Press:
Warmup - 135 x20, 185 x15. Working sets - 245 x10, 265 x7, 300 x4 *drop set* 225x10. Felt strong on this. I do not one-rep on bench, as it doesn't help me gain. Repping out 3-5 on my last set seems to be the best strategy.

DB Incline Press:
Warmup - 45s x10. Working sets - 90s x8, 95s x6, 100s x6. It's always been tougher for me to push up the same weight at school than at home with DB's. They have thicker plates @ school which makes them much longer, so I am guessing it is harder to balance them as I lift.

DB Flat Flyes:
45s x15, 55s x10, 60s x8. Gonna keep lower weight next time and go slower for 15 reps on each. Will get a much better pump after my heavy lifts.

Cable X-Overs:
70ps x15, 80ps x12, 85ps x10. Went slower on these and my chest was burning towards the end of my third set.

EZ-Bar Bicep Curls:
3 sets - x10, x8, x6 *giant set w last set with standing DB curl* 1 set x15. That giant set gave me a great burn after that last set.

Seated DB Curl:
3 sets - x10, x10, x8. Same as before: no back rest and strict form.

Machine Curls:
3 sets - x10, x8, x7. Next time I am doing sets of 15 at a slow pace.

1 set of 21's. This killed. Destroyed my arms to the final fiber for the day.

Dips - 1 xfailure. Waited about 5 to do these. Get a nice pump on my chest before I finished.

No worries today about being distracted by people. The nice thing about college gyms: lots of guys who have huge egos and feel too worthy to talk to anyone. Haha. Just gives me more fuel for the fire and gets me through my workouts faster.

Also weighed myself after the workout and I was @ 295, which is 10 lbs more than about 1 month ago. Plus, the gf said I looked a lil thinner in the stomach. Don't know what else to say, other than being strict with diet, supps, sleep, and workouts pays dividends.

Back day tomorrow. Going to destroy those deads. Thanks guys.

Carpe Diem P.T
01-06-09, 3:50 pm
solid day on legs. you must have been tired after that!

your chest day is exactly the same as mine! you have a nice mixture of everything needed there and thats a shit load of bicep curls. do u find your guns are taking to it well?

you must be happy that the girlfriend is noticing your hard work.;

keep at it!

FewL4no1
01-06-09, 4:06 pm
solid day on legs. you must have been tired after that!

your chest day is exactly the same as mine! you have a nice mixture of everything needed there and thats a shit load of bicep curls. do u find your guns are taking to it well?

you must be happy that the girlfriend is noticing your hard work.;

keep at it!

As long as I am keeping my diet good and sleep up, my biceps do great. I have noticed a huge difference in the past 6 months. I genetically am lacking on arms, so this does wonders for me.

And yeah, saw the gf last night for the first time in 3 weeks, and she wasn't complaining ;)

Carpe Diem P.T
01-06-09, 4:14 pm
As long as I am keeping my diet good and sleep up, my biceps do great. I have noticed a huge difference in the past 6 months. I genetically am lacking on arms, so this does wonders for me.

And yeah, saw the gf last night for the first time in 3 weeks, and she wasn't complaining ;)

which part of arms are u lacking in? bi tri or delts?

women say they dont care about muscles but we all know they do ;)

FewL4no1
01-06-09, 6:22 pm
which part of arms are u lacking in? bi tri or delts?

women say they dont care about muscles but we all know they do ;)

Bi's and tri's. They are not "small", but relatively speaking they could use some size. Delts are opposite, as I have large shoulders and back. I look at a low row machine and my back grows.

For bi's, I have been switching up my routines every week to keep my arms guessing, as well as making sure my form is perfect: squeezing at the top, slowly curling and letting down, etc. For tri's i'm just doing a lot of close-grip bench and rope pulls. Those have been working great for me.

FewL4no1
01-07-09, 7:30 pm
Amazing day. Had a revealing day, which I will discuss later, as well as a new PR on deadlift.

BB Bent-Over Rows (Overhand Grip):
Warmup - 135 x20. Working sets - 275 x10, 315 x10, 345 x8. Form isn't what you would call "perfect", but I feel it in my lats, and get a wicked pump to start my workout.

Double Grip Machine Low Rows:
Warmup - 120 x10. Working sets - 245 x10, 290 x10, 310 x 10 (Had slight help on last 3 reps). When I say double grip, I basically mean I attach 2 separate one-hand bars, and then when i get it to my chest, I separate them to feel it in my middle back. Next week will be T-Bar low rows.

WG Deadlifts:
Warmup - 225 x5. Working sets - 365 x3, 405 x1, 455 x1(PR), 475 x1(PR). Wasn't feelin great comin in to these, but just hammered em out and bumped up my max by 25 lbs. Felt fuckin awesum after these.

Assisted Chin-ups:
80lb assist x10, 70lb assist x10, 60lb assist x4.5. Took a break between the first and second set, which is why my third set dropped a bit.

So today I am sitting between sets for deadlift, and I started to think...and I just got really fucking pissed, mostly because of who was in the weight room. Punks. Arrogant, scrawny jocks who think people should worship the ground where they walk. Judgers. Pricks. People that just make me want to lift harder and harder, and not giving a fuck what they think. And then I realized, what is life? What am I doing on this earth that is so important? And it is this: Making the best of myself. Truly. Fuck everyone else. And it hit me...just go. Move your ass boy and leave nothing to chance. Scream, growl, claw, and fight your way to the top, because no one on this earth is going to care. I grabbed my straps, put on some tunes, and just lifted. People are people. No one is perfect. But that also means their judgements are just as imperfect as well. I am doing this because I want to succeed. I want to be the best me I can be. Period. Everyday I will lift as such, and grow to something no one thought possible but myself.

Thanks guys.

Carpe Diem P.T
01-08-09, 2:08 am
Bi's and tri's. They are not "small", but relatively speaking they could use some size. Delts are opposite, as I have large shoulders and back. I look at a low row machine and my back grows.

For bi's, I have been switching up my routines every week to keep my arms guessing, as well as making sure my form is perfect: squeezing at the top, slowly curling and letting down, etc. For tri's i'm just doing a lot of close-grip bench and rope pulls. Those have been working great for me.

Man im totally opposite. I have people come up and ask me about my triceps but my shoulders suck.

your realisation was awesome. Its good to sometimes and look at why you are feeling the way u do

FewL4no1
01-08-09, 3:37 am
Man im totally opposite. I have people come up and ask me about my triceps but my shoulders suck.

your realisation was awesome. Its good to sometimes and look at why you are feeling the way u do

Agreed on that. It made me focus more and it was easier to block out distractions. It's funny to see what your mind does when you truly stop caring about other people's beliefs about you, and just roll wit it.

Haha funny you say that, because people always ask me stuff for my shoulders. I dont know what to say, other than eat big, sleep big, and train big. Big thing for me is genetics, but it's always awesome to help people out who are willing to apply knowledge i provide them.

Carpe Diem P.T
01-08-09, 3:51 am
Agreed on that. It made me focus more and it was easier to block out distractions. It's funny to see what your mind does when you truly stop caring about other people's beliefs about you, and just roll wit it.

Haha funny you say that, because people always ask me stuff for my shoulders. I dont know what to say, other than eat big, sleep big, and train big. Big thing for me is genetics, but it's always awesome to help people out who are willing to apply knowledge i provide them.

My personal training business is Carpe Diem personal training which as you probably know means 'seize the day'. I try to do at least one thing every day that will benefit me in some way. Be it read a book, hit the gym, learn a new skill etc.

Its good you feel that way if you are looking to be a personal trainer. I love helping people meet their goals, but i hate when they dont want it enough. When i write out a program for them at the gym and really think in to it to make it personal and not just a cookie cutter program. Then they never come back to pick it up. thats frustrating.

u got a pic of u?

FewL4no1
01-08-09, 3:47 pm
My personal training business is Carpe Diem personal training which as you probably know means 'seize the day'. I try to do at least one thing every day that will benefit me in some way. Be it read a book, hit the gym, learn a new skill etc.

Its good you feel that way if you are looking to be a personal trainer. I love helping people meet their goals, but i hate when they dont want it enough. When i write out a program for them at the gym and really think in to it to make it personal and not just a cookie cutter program. Then they never come back to pick it up. thats frustrating.

u got a pic of u?

I hear you. A buddy of mine and I were talking about how people want to pick your brain about specifics, but they don't want to grasp the big picture that habits and lifestyle need to change before your biceps grow 2 inches. That's my goal with personal training: to inspire people to change themselves and live better, not just look better.

No body pic atm. I want to get one up soon so I can have something to compare to at the end of the year. I'll keep you posted.

Also, I am in a class this semester that has the goal of teaching us all about personal training and getting us certified. Will be great, as it will count towards credit and won't have to spend extra time over the summer completing the courses on my own.

FewL4no1
01-10-09, 8:35 pm
Today was a day of regret. I skipped my gym day yesterday, and maybe had 2 protein meals. Today I am doing better, and will stay on the course.

DB Military Press:
75x8, 85x8, 95x6, 100x5

BB Shrugs:
315x10, 405x8, 435x7, 455x6

Close-grip bench:
225x10, 245x6, 255x4

Rope Pull-downs:
130x15, 140x12, 150x10

Standing Behind the Back DB Tricep Extensions:
80x10, 85x8, 90x8

Felt like shit today, physically and mentally, and I did it to myself. I know now that a day off is not an option for me. Even on break days, I am going to go and do cardio, abs, calves, forearms, w/e.

I am feeling better after my workout, but I know I could have done better. I have some medical issues, and I let them get the best of me the past few days. No fucking more. I am better than that, and I am not going to be a destructive force to myself. No matter if I bring things to the point of breaking, I will not sacrifice my happiness.

That is all.

FewL4no1
01-16-09, 5:44 pm
Been almost a week since I posted. Life is busy atm, but I've been gettin my workouts in. Still working on consistency with everything. Diet hasn't been great and workouts have been subpar. Gonna turn that shit around.

Military DB Press:
75x8, 85x8, 95x5, 100x3.5. Fuckin gettin weaker. This is motivation for me to get shit done.

Smith Machine Shrugs:
(Front/Back) 365x10/10, 405x10/10, 435x5/7

Standing Front BB Raise:
135x10, 145x10, 155x8. Havent done these in a while and this is the strongest I have been on them. Rockn

Standing Lateral DB Raises:
40sx10, 40sx10, 50sx8

Reverse Lateral Raises:
30sx10, 10, 8

Rope Pull-downs:
130x15, 150x12, 170x10, 185x8

EZ-Bar Pushdowns:
150x12, 200x10, 220x8, 230x6

Dips:
1x Failure

Not feelin it today. Diet needs to be better. Sleep hasnt wonderful either with obligations to fulfill. Gotta keep workin, no matter what. I know what I have to do to get the results I want.

Also ordered some Muscle Juice 2544 for post-WO. Will assist in getting my daily kcal goal.

Firedrake
01-16-09, 5:51 pm
Good for you! Consistency is key, even when you feel like crap.

You're way the hell ahead of me on shoulder strength, so I'm envious!

FewL4no1
01-19-09, 12:10 am
Good for you! Consistency is key, even when you feel like crap.

You're way the hell ahead of me on shoulder strength, so I'm envious!

Thanks drake, I appreciate the support bro.

FewL4no1
01-19-09, 12:58 am
Alright day today. No PR on squats, but I did try a different quad workout and put up some good numbers. Here we go:

Squat:
135x10, 275x5, 315x5, 365x3, 405x1, 430x0. Didnt raise my max again. Gonna switch it up and do heavy work on leg presses and then sets of 20 on squats.

Leg Presses:
4pppx20, 5ppsx15, 7ppsx10, 9ppsx10, 10ppsx8. Squats pissed me off, so went heavy on these to punish my wheels for givin out on me.

Hack Squats:
2ppsx15, 4ppsx10, 6ppsx5, 7ppsx5. This is different than the machine back home, but damn it worked my quads good. Went all heavy sets, low reps today to really beat up my quads.

Romanian Deads:
135x10, 225x10, 255x10, 275x6. I put 2 25 plates down and put my toes up on em to really target those hammys

Prone 1-leg Curls:
Right/Left. 70x10/10, 80x10/10, 90x7/7

Today was long. Wasn't feelin it and took some long talk breaks, which didn't help. Just struggled to find that motivation today. School is keeping me busy, so it's tough to stay focused when I get to the weight room. Gotta keep truckin tho.

Thanks guys.

FewL4no1
03-30-09, 12:59 am
Wow, it ha been forever since I have posted. I have been keeping up with my workouts, but there have been so many personal demons in my life lately, it's been hard to keep up with things.

As of now, my deadlifts are up to 525, squats are up to 435 as of today. My bench is still giving me issues, as I have come to learn I am a repitition bencher, not a power bencher. For example, I have gotter my paper weight up to around 350, but as far as one rep max, I can maybe get 350. Great for my bodybuilding, as I can work more on form and hitting all of my chest fibers, but not so great if I plan to do powerlifting comps. I have switched up my goat a bit and have decided to try and get to a 450 max on paper, where I am doing between 3 and 5 reps.

Today's leg workout was good. Did squats, then 5x20 on leg press, then hack squats, SLDLs, leg curls, and finished off the session with a few flush sets on leg exts.

I am wanting to get back into this. My gains were at their peak when I was on here, as it keeps me honest and gives me a reference point as to what I am doing.

As far as life is concerned, there are so many things to focus on, it is hard to say "Okay, this is what I am going to invest my time in no matter what." As Machine has said "If you are not going to give it 100%, then get the fuck out," or somethign along those lines. I am commited to this more than I have ever been. I can see a future for me with bodybuilding and power lifting, and I am not going to give into the dissention of "friends" just to appease their fragile ego and sense of loyalty.

The gym, the lifestyle, the throwing up, the light headed brain with post-squat legs, the hundereds of dollars on food each month, the supplement stack so high I can supply a small army, the way people look at me and respect me, the way I RESPECT AND LOVE MYSELF....it is something I will never go without. This journey, this road that I am traveling, it is my home. If I steer away from it, I am only betraying myself, and taking myself farther away from the happiness I have worked so hard to pursue.

I tell you, nothing has giving more sense of accomplishment than feats such as pulling up that 525 after I got done screaming my head off, punding down meal after meal after meal, and realizing that from 0 to 22, all those years have led up to this. Yeah, maybe I could have been farther down that road at this point in time, but I tell you, without trials and failures, and subsequent lessons learned, the accomplishments would not mean nearly as much. This is going to be a struggle. Life is going to keep pulling me in all directions, give me opportunities to fail, give me reasons to quit, but I shall not falter. I will not betray my home, and I will not betray others who live alongside me in this house of pain, this house of iron, this house of love, and this house of friendship.

Alec

FewL4no1
03-31-09, 9:33 pm
Good day today. Got some good pumps and threw in an intense cardio session at the end.

BB Bench press:
Warmup 2x 135x30
225x10
255x7
275x7
300x4 => dropset 225x8

BB Incline press superset with DB hammer grip incline press:
185x10 => 65s x4 Dropped weight on the DBs after this. The supersets were a lot tougher than expected
205x10 => 50s x7
225x7 => 50s x5
Good pump after this

Cable Xovers:

FewL4no1
03-31-09, 9:37 pm
Good day today. Got some good pumps and threw in an intense cardio session at the end.

BB Bench press:
Warmup 2x 135x30
225x10
255x7
275x7
300x4 => dropset 225x8

185x10 => 65s x4 Dropped weight on the DBs after this. The supersets were a lot tougher than expected
205x10 => 50s x7
225x7 => 50s x5
Good pump after this

Cable Xovers (weight represents lbs per hand):
60x15, 70x15, 80x10

Rope Pulldowns:
120x12, 130x10, 140x8

Skullcrushers:
75x15, 95x10, 115x6 => superset dual tricep kickbacks 15x x15

Triceps really failin at this point, so I hopped on the bike for about 20 min, then headed out.

First session posted in a while. Lookin forward to your guys' feedback. I want to have to have some accountability.

Peace n chicken grease.

Alec

NJC_Manhattan
03-31-09, 9:52 pm
Welcome and looking real strong in here man

FewL4no1
04-01-09, 12:53 am
Thanks NJC. Got deads tomorrow. 550 is gonna be mine

FewL4no1
04-03-09, 12:58 am
Today was a good workout, despite the bad diet the past few days.

Standing EZ-Bar Curls:
95x12, 115x10, 125x7

Bent-over Rows:
225x10, 275x10, 315x6

WG Deads:
225x10, 365x5, 455x1, 500x1, 550x0
Felt weaker today. Diet is key. It's always a good reality check to get in the weight room and just bust ass and realize your energy is just shot when your not eatin right.

Pully Low-Rows:
200x10, 250x10, 270x10, 250x6

Single-arm Hammer-grip Preacher Curls:
30sx10, 40xsx8, 25sx9, 25sx8
Went full extension with the 25s, which is what I should have done from the start. Lesson learned. Get so much more out of correct form. Seriously, my left arm is twithin as I type.

Seated Machine Curls:
100x15 giant set => 120x12

Diet, diet, diet = More energy, more motivation, more strength. I came off of switchin to whole milk, which was a bad idea. My body type is between meso-/endomorph, so all it did was just add unnecessary fat. I can handle gaining a little extra love muscle, but it has gotten to be too much. Switched back to skim, and am really leaning out my diet. I have learned that my body responds very well to a mainly {chicken, fish, veggies, carbs, oats, 1 red meat} diet

BeastCook
04-03-09, 1:01 am

BB Bench press:
Warmup 2x 135x30
225x10
255x7
275x7
300x4 => dropset 225x8

205x10 => 50s x7
225x7 => 50s x5
Good pump after this

Cable Xovers (weight represents lbs per hand):
60x15, 70x15, 80x10

Rope Pulldowns:
120x12, 130x10, 140x8

Skullcrushers:
75x15, 95x10, 115x6 => superset dual tricep kickbacks 15x x15

Triceps really failin at this point, so I hopped on the bike for about 20 min, then headed out.

First session posted in a while. Lookin forward to your guys' feedback. I want to have to have some accountability.

Peace n chicken grease.

Alec

man beast weight right there!

FewL4no1
04-03-09, 1:11 am
man beast weight right there!

Thanks beast. I got a lot more for ya, don't you worry ;)

FewL4no1
04-04-09, 9:25 pm
Great session today. Was workin against the clock cuz the gym was closing soon, so I moved at a vigorous pace and it payed off.

Military BB Press: superset with Front DB Delt Raises:
185x10 => 15s x15
205x8 => 15s x15
215x6 => 15s x15
220x5 => 15s x15

"Hugh Jackman" Lateral DB Raises:
10s x4
5s x5
10s x3
This is something I haven't done in a long time, and it works well. You basically do a regular Lateral raise, but hold for 8 sec at 4 spots on the way up, and 3 spots on the way down. This combines isometric with regular movement and it is killer. Gonna work on these a lot more since they have done wonders for my size before. Dubbed "Hugh Jackman" because this is the exercise he did to get his shoulders jacked for his role in Wolverine. I'm sure there is a technical name, but this sounds cooler.

BB Shoulder Shrugs:
225x10
275x10
315x10
365x8
Held for 2 sec on all reps on first 2 sets, then for first 5 reps on last 2 sets. Amazing for my traps and also helps me work my inner core and low back with the isometric resistance.

Close-grip BB Bench:
225x10
245x7
255x4 dropset 135x10 Full extension and squeeze on reps 5 and 10

Seated DB Curls:
25x10
30x12
35x10

BB 21's:
65=>1set

CG EZ-Bar Pully Curls:
130x15

Nautilus Shoulder Press:
250x10

With the limited time, I did a superset with the last 3 exercises, which was a great ending to the session.

FewL4no1
04-05-09, 3:12 pm
I have good news and i have bad news.

Bad news first: My fraternity had our annual Easter Bowl football game today, so I got to play for like 15 min then we had to call it.

Good news: That means I won't be sore as shit and can go get a great leg session in today. Hells yeah.

FewL4no1
04-07-09, 6:31 pm
Great day today. I have found that the success of a training session is inversely proportionate to how much time you spend on the session. I burned through my workout today and the results were tremendous.

BB Bench Press: superset with Behind-the-back One-Arm tricep exts:
WU 135x20, 135x20, 185x15
255x9 => 20sx5/5
265x6 => 20sx7/7
275x5 dropset 135x15 => 20sx5/5
Bench was weak today, but the superset really had my horseshoes feeling pumped.

Cable Xovers:
70x15
80x12
85x10

Close-grip Hammer-style DB Incline Press: superset with Incline Flys:
60sx10 => 35sx10
65sx8 => 35sx10
70sx5 => 35sx8
Really started feeling it after this. Used strict form on the flys and it did wonders. Will do this ss again.

Skullcrushers: + Close-grip Bench:
95 x15(SC)
115 x5(SC) x5(CGB) x2(SC)
125 x5(SC) x5(CGB) x1negative(SC)

Pully EZ-Bar Tricep ext Pulldowns (Use an underhand grip and pull the bar towards the floor):
50x15
80x15
100x12
120x10
130x8

Out. Supersets are killer, and they make my sessions move at a blistering pace. Back tomorrow. Gonna eat up and get plenty of sleep so I can beat the shit out of deads.

Thanks guys.

Lethal_Banana
04-07-09, 6:48 pm
Wow, you're really moving some monstrous weight over here dude :D Keep it up and you'll get that 550 soon!

Cheers,
LB

FewL4no1
04-07-09, 7:54 pm
Wow, you're really moving some monstrous weight over here dude :D Keep it up and you'll get that 550 soon!

Cheers,
LB

Thanks for the support LB. Tomorrow is gonna be more dead lift focused than usual, so I am expecting good things.

FewL4no1
04-09-09, 12:59 am
So-so day today. Session was killer, but I switched it up and hit deads close to last and my lower back gave out, prompting me to stop earlier than I wanted.

I've had to start seeing a chiropractor after I got into the heavier weights. It got to the point where, when you looked at my back, my lower spine was in the shape of a "j"....literally.

Anyways, on to the workout:

BB Arm Curls:
WU: 45x25, 45x20
65x15
75x12
95x8
Closer grip on the curls. Form was good on this lift. Not perfect, but I felt it on all my sets, which is key.

DB Curls:
20sx15
25sx12
30sx10
35sx9

Pully Rope Curls:
100x10
110x10
120x8
Also good burn on the forearms as well

Low Row: superset with Assisted chin-up:
200x15 => -120x7
250x10 => -120x5.5
300x10 => -120x5.5
400x2 => -120x7
Decided to be an idiot and sit and talk about the BCS and how much it sucks between the 300 and 400, and lost my intensity. BW is @ 300, so doin ~180 on chinups.

Bent-over Rows:
135x10
225x10
275x5
Lower back started to give me troubles here, so I stopped and went to deads.

Wide-grip deads:
225x10
315x5
365x5
405x0
Felt the lower back really strained on the 365, and it was done. I know I can't push it when I feel this way, as I will just injure myself and be fucked and kill all my current PRs.

One-arm DB Rows:
100x10/10
100x10/10
100x8/8
30 second rest between each set. Was great sets to finish off the back.

21's:

Out. Skipped cardio as my back wasnt gonna let me do anything with it. The way I sped through this workout, I didn't need it anyways.

New goal: Everyday do at least 2 supersets and keep up a strenuous pace. I should never be above 80% when I get to the next exercise.

Thanks guys.

FewL4no1
04-10-09, 11:32 am
Woo, fuckin awesum day today. Shoulders were blown to bits. Stickin with what I wrote on Wednesday: not letting myself above 80% once I get the session started and keep up the pace, and it payed off again. Here we go:

BB Military Press: superset with Front DB Raise:
135x15 => 20sx10
165x10 => 20sx10
175X7.5 => 20sx10
185x5.5 => 20sx10
190x6.5 => 20sx10
Shoulders were on fire after this.

Upright rows: superset with Lateral DB Raise:
115x15 => 30sx10
135x10 => 30sx10
145x8 => 30sx10
That last set of lateral raises was brutal, but I had my mind right and screamed my way through 'em.

DB Shrugs:
100sx10 Held 3 sec on all reps
110sx10 Held 3 sec on all reps
120sx10 Held 3 sec first 5 reps, full rotation last 5 reps
Amazing way to finish off the shoulders. I don't think I have ever done shrugs with DBs, or at least it has been a very long time, and it was worth it.

"H.J." Lateral DB Raises (see above for description):
8sx5
Flushn out the shoulders. This doesn't look like much, but this exercise is brutal.

Intense Cardio ~ 16min

Behind-the-Back One-arm Pully Lateral Raises (Lol, to explain, you do a cross body lateral raise with a pully, but you do it behind your back):
40x10/10
Held for 3 sec on each.

Out. That was awesome, and left sweatin balls and feelin great. Popped my postWO shake and am gonna shower and down the other one.

Headn to the gf's parents place for easter. Wish me luck haha.

Thanks guys.

FewL4no1
04-10-09, 1:19 pm
Also weighed in at 312 today. New goal is to slowly reduce my bf til im @ 300 while still gaining lean mass.

FewL4no1
04-11-09, 5:03 pm
Okay day today. Up @ the gf's place, so went to a new gym, and it was just tryin to stay motivated and keep up the pace.

Rope Tricep Ext: superset with V-Bar Tricep Ext:
110x15 => 120x10
120x12 => 120x10
140x9 => 120x8
145x7 => 120x7

EZbar Skull Crushers:
75x12
95x10
105x7

Close-grip bench:
225x5
245x6
255x3.5
185x15

Hammer grip preacher arm curls:
25x15/15
30x12/12
35x10/10

Straight bar arm curls:
35x15
45x12
55x10
65x10

Rope curls:
110x13
120x10
130x10

Too much on my mind going into today's w/o, so wasn't nearly as intense as I would've liked. But, I got in there and pushed some weight and got a burn, so I can't complain. Goin back to the home gym tomorrow for legs, so I am expecting good things.

Thanks guys

FewL4no1
04-15-09, 7:42 pm
Okay day today. Was really weak for some reason, but kept up the pace and busted through the session. Here we go:

DB Bench Press:
WU
90sx15
95sx8
95sx6.5
100sx4.5
Dropped a lot on this. Going to get back to doing these regularly, as it will help out my arm strength as well.

DB Incline Press:
65sx12
70sx10
75sx9

Cable Xovers:
60x15
70x15
80x10
I can tell that my strength was down, as these were harder today than normal.

Skull Crushers: move into Close-grip Bench: (used EZ-Bar)
75 x15SC => x10CGB => x5SC
85 x10SC => x10CGB => x2SC
95 x10SC => x10CGB

Standing behind-the-back DB Tricep Ext: superset with Dual Tricep Kickbacks:
75x10 => 15sx10
80x10 => 15sx10
85x8 => 15sx10

Cardio for 30 min

Reverse-grip Tricep Pulldowns:
120x12
110x15
120x10

Out. BP at the doctors was 133/88 yesterday, so I need to get to more cardio. The 30 min at the end was excellent, and I feel great...and dead tired haha. Back/Bis tomorrow. Gonna catch some serious zzz's 2nite.

Thanks guys.

FewL4no1
04-17-09, 2:40 am
Good session today. Cut out deads this week so my back can recover a bit more, which was tough to do, but I made up for it:

EZ-bar Preacher Curls:
65x15
75x10
85x8
90x8 last 2 reps slightly assisted

Incline DB Curls:
25sx10
25sx10
30sx10
Strict form on these for an excellent burn

BB Bent-over rows:
225x12
255x10
275x10
295x10
Threw on a belt on the last set, as the lower back was feeling it again. Last 2 sets were a narrower grip to focus more on the middle of my back.

Low Rows:
250x10
280x10
300x10
320x11.5
Strict form again, really trying to use my middle back on the whole pull

Incline DB Rows:
90x12/12
100x10/10
100x10/10
120x10/10

21s:

Out. No time for cardio today, so that will be high priority tmrw.

Thanks guys.

FewL4no1
04-17-09, 9:19 pm
Great shoulder session today. Didn't change much of anything, just kept up the intensity and burned through the workout.

BB Military Press: superset with Front Delt Raises:
165x12 => 20sx10
185x10 => 20sx10
205x6.5 => 20sx10
210x5.5 => 20sx12

Upright BB Rows: superset with Lateral Delt Raises:
135x10 => 30sx10
145x10 => 30sx10
155x8 => 30sx10

DB Shrugs:
100sx10 Held for 3sec on all reps
120sx10 Held for 3sec on first 5 reps, full rotation on last 5
120sx10 Full rotation on all 10

"H.J." Lateral Raises:
5sx5

Cardio for 30 min

Out. Short and sweet. After those HJ raises, my shoulders were obliterated. Gonna be sleepin about 2724834523462 hours tonight.

Thanks guys.

boar
05-30-09, 6:11 pm
Out. Short and sweet. After those HJ raises, my shoulders were obliterated. Gonna be sleepin about 2724834523462 hours tonight.

Thanks guys.

Dude, nice training but whats your deal with the number sequence thing? Are you a savant or something? Do you have aspergers disorder?

FewL4no1
06-30-09, 6:52 pm
Dude, nice training but whats your deal with the number sequence thing? Are you a savant or something? Do you have aspergers disorder?

Haha just a lil sarcasm for how damn tired I was. Nice to come back and see people slightly appreciate my great sense of humor ><