PDA

View Full Version : So this is a huge post topic, but I really need some feed back please bros.

Mongolian_Beef
01-01-09, 5:54 am
I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips to help me maintain a relatively low body fat %, but I would still like to put on much more mass (who wouldn't?). I do not want to do this at the cost of getting really fat. Patience is a virtue that I possess, so I don't mind just staying consistent, as long as I'm not wasting my time. But am I wasting my time? Is it possible to put on mass and not become a fat kid in the process?

This is my usual diet at present...
Note: (This is what my meals usually look like with fish or steak sometimes substituted for the boiled chicken breasts.)

After Meal #1 I try to eat every 2 to 3 hours apart for the rest of my meals

Meal #1:
1 scoop and a half of whey protein (with glutamine, glucosamine and condroitin powder, and a banana), a bowl of instant quaker oats or a bowl of "Go Lean" cereal by Kashi, with organic un-sweetened soy milk.

Meal #2:
Boiled chicken breast with broccoli or a baked potato, and a 1 oz. shot of EVOO (I shoot it like it's a tequila shot) ;-)

Meal #3:
Boiled chicken breast with broccoli or a baked potato.

Meal #4:
1 scoop and a half of whey protein (with glutamine) Pre W/O.

Meal #5:
2 and a half scoops of whey protein (with glutamine and creatine monohydrate) Post W/O

Meal #6:

Meal #7:

Meal #8:
2 scoops of casien protein.
On lift days I drink 4-5 liters of water through out the day, and on cardio days I drink 6-7 liters of water. (Yes I do piss constantly).

This is my supplements list...

-Fish Oil (Pill form taken 3 times daily)
-Flax Seed Oil (Pill form taken 3 times daily)
-Men's Multi Vitamin (Pill form taken once daily)
-Vitamin B complex (Pill form taken once daily)
-Probiotic (Pill form taken once daily)
-Glucosamine & Condroitin (Pill from taken once daily) (Powder form taken with Meal #1's Shake)
-Whey Protein (used as needed)
-Casien Protein (taken prior to sleepy time)
-Creatine Monohydrate (Taken only in post W/O Shake)
-Thermogenic_Lipo 6 (Taken first thing in the morning half an hour before Meal #1)
-N.O. Explode (Taken after pre W/O shake prior to W/O)
-Nitrous Stimulator (Pill form taken with post W/O shake)

Give it to me straight, what am I doing wrong? Or how can I improve my diet? Can I build more mass and maintain a relatively low body fat %, or am I crazy to even think this possible? Like I said, I don't mind just sticking with it for as long as I have to if this will help me to build mass and stay lean. But am I a moron wasting his time like so many other misinformed guys in the gym trying to get that sought after "swole status?" Thanks for the constructive criticism brothas'. Mongol Out.

krazyassmexican
01-01-09, 8:34 am
so far your diet looks pretty straight add more healthy fats and work on the first meal if my eyes dont lie there are around 100grams of carbs right there

Pizzalamp
01-01-09, 11:47 am
i would say try to drink the same amount of water every day-the more the better

i wouldnt bother with the flax pill

and i dont know how u can handle the joint powder-i used a joint powder for a bit mixed in my shake and i thought i was gonna be sick
same with the shot of evoo-ughhhhh made my throat burn!

futurefreak101
01-01-09, 12:22 pm
well i dont think thats really a "bulking diet" or a diet to build mass..more like a maintaining diet or sort of a cut diet...mostly all your meals consist of chicken breast and a baked potatoe......i dont know how you look or what works for you...how long have you been on this diet? if your not gaining maybe you should throw in a weight gainer for quality calories like REAL GAINS....instead of eating something else...so as soon as you wake up have the real gains then have all the meals listed. i just dont see anyone growing much on a diet like that. some people can dont get me wrong...

krazyassmexican
01-01-09, 1:48 pm
well i dont think thats really a "bulking diet" or a diet to build mass..more like a maintaining diet or sort of a cut diet...mostly all your meals consist of chicken breast and a baked potatoe......i dont know how you look or what works for you...how long have you been on this diet? if your not gaining maybe you should throw in a weight gainer for quality calories like REAL GAINS....instead of eating something else...so as soon as you wake up have the real gains then have all the meals listed. i just dont see anyone growing much on a diet like that. some people can dont get me wrong...

he can grow he's got quality protein and carbs now he needs quality fats

pmug0000
01-01-09, 1:54 pm
I'd recommend switching out at least 2-3 of the boiled chicken meals for ground beef or steak, and having broccoli AND a baked potato instead of broccoli OR a baked potato. And I would switch plain baked potato for sweet potato in at least a couple of the meals because I think sweet potato is a better source of carbs.
Also, add in some fast digesting carbs like malto, dextrose, or waxy maize to your pre- and post- workout shakes.

Firefist
01-01-09, 2:15 pm
to answer that question, and this is my take on it...

yes, you cant still put on solid mass while not going into a real bulking cycle, do i recommend it? no. youll be growing at a slower rate than the guy who is bulking year round and cutting for the summer. hes getting more calories and more nutrients to put on more mass than you are.

so yes, if you really are as patient as you say, you can definitely remain lean, while slowly putting on mass. i used to want this but i saw that i was growing so much slower than my friends, so i said eh, forget the abs, give me a fork....

Mongolian_Beef
01-01-09, 5:06 pm
I'd recommend switching out at least 2-3 of the boiled chicken meals for ground beef or steak, and having broccoli AND a baked potato instead of broccoli OR a baked potato. And I would switch plain baked potato for sweet potato in at least a couple of the meals because I think sweet potato is a better source of carbs.
Also, add in some fast digesting carbs like malto, dextrose, or waxy maize to your pre- and post- workout shakes.

What forms do fast digesting carbs come in? Malto, dextrose, waxy maize... I'm more or less a noob when it comes to nutrition so I'm not sure kind of food or powder or what not that I ought to be adding to my pre, and post workout shakes. Help please...

Also...
I will change my solid meals to adding both a fibrous carb (like the broccoli) with my starchy carb (like the potato), and try to get healthier starchy carbs (sweet potato, or red potato). I will also try to drink as much water as possible. I hope with these tweaks and continued dedication to see some better gains in the next few months, even though I won't be putting on mass as fast as some of the other guys. Thank you again to all for your help.

stumblin54
01-01-09, 5:22 pm
Use waxymaize for PWO shakes. I try to get in around 100 fast carbs immediately after lifting. You are able to accomplish this (you may have to adjust a bit) without putting on any fat. Dextrose may bloat you or cause you discomfort, which is why I don't use it anymore.

Stumblin

houseofpain
01-01-09, 7:06 pm
"The difference between the freaks and the flock is the fuckin fork so dig the fuck in."
My recommendation is to eat as much as you can. Forget the abs for a while and pick up a fork. Your diet looks good though. These guys know what they're talking about so take in their advice to find what works best for you. And don't be afraid to have a cheat meal it will help you grow. So dig in and pack on some serious mass.

Joseb
01-01-09, 8:36 pm
chicken makes you weak.. eat eggs. it has good protein and fats.. it also prevents chickens from being born.
if you wanna stay lean.. eat a shit load of food and measure your bodyfat every week.
that eating a shitload of food will make you gain alot of muscle and measuring your bodyfat means that you can make sure it doesnt go to high.
i'd stop eating a shitload and cut as soon as my bodyfat were like 10-15%
rinse, repeat.

pmug0000
01-01-09, 8:51 pm
What forms do fast digesting carbs come in? Malto, dextrose, waxy maize... I'm more or less a noob when it comes to nutrition so I'm not sure kind of food or powder or what not that I ought to be adding to my pre, and post workout shakes. Help please...

Also...
I will change my solid meals to adding both a fibrous carb (like the broccoli) with my starchy carb (like the potato), and try to get healthier starchy carbs (sweet potato, or red potato). I will also try to drink as much water as possible. I hope with these tweaks and continued dedication to see some better gains in the next few months, even though I won't be putting on mass as fast as some of the other guys. Thank you again to all for your help.

The simplest thing to do would be to get yourself some Torrent and slam a few servings of that surrounding your workout. It's got a great blend of fast digesting protein and carbs.
And I think it sounds like you're on the right track with the rest of those changes you're making.

chicken makes you weak.. eat eggs. it has good protein and fats.. it also prevents chickens from being born.

This literally made me lmao I don't know why. Is this serious?

Joseb
01-01-09, 8:59 pm
This literally made me lmao I don't know why. Is this serious?
I was serious when i said it but..
i'm sorry. i couldnt resist using that quote.. its from pavel tsatsouline, a russian genius when it comes to training and diet

it does have some truth behind it, 10 oz of chicken only has 175 calories and 33 grams of protein as well as having almost NO fat.

RED MEAT FTW

pmug0000
01-01-09, 9:03 pm
RED MEAT FTW

Agreed. I definitely think beef is a better option than chicken, but I don't know about chicken actually making you weaker. And the thing about preventing chickens from being born is just funny.

krazyassmexican
01-01-09, 9:12 pm
I was serious when i said it but..
i'm sorry. i couldnt resist using that quote.. its from pavel tsatsouline, a russian genius when it comes to training and diet

it does have some truth behind it, 10 oz of chicken only has 175 calories and 33 grams of protein as well as having almost NO fat.

RED MEAT FTW

with all due respect 10oz of chicken doesnt have 33grams of protein

Joseb
01-01-09, 9:21 pm
you're right.. i just realized that my calculations were wrong.
and im pissed because ive been eating an extra 300 calories a day.
wtf.
STILL - it has 88 grams of protein.
but im stickin with what i said.. chicken makes you weak. PASHO!