PDA

View Full Version : too sore

priority
01-01-09, 12:28 pm
hey guys,
just wanted to get your opinion.
Do you think a natural guy should train to the point were it musclea are really really sore for 4 days after? i ask because whenever i train chest, even though i only do a few working sets, stretch really well, train just as intense as other muscles, it is always really sore after. whereas other muscle dont get as sore.
chest is probably my weakest muscle group also
thanks

pmug0000
01-01-09, 1:58 pm
I always take soreness as a good sign, it's a sure sign that you're breaking your muscles down and building them back up again. If you are working each muscle only once a week that should give you plenty of time to recover for the next workout. My legs will be sore for up to 6 days after I work them.

Firefist
01-01-09, 2:04 pm
im ususally sore only the day after the workout. unless i deadlifted or squated, those take around two days for me to recover from. if you are getting enough protien and carbs, and just eating right, you shouldnt be sore for so long.

AFTazz06
01-01-09, 2:19 pm
4 days is WAY too long. Maybe your over doing it, perhaps too many sets? not enough rest to let the chest recover? Not to scare you, but i've heard that soreness for more than 2 days maybe be a tear in the muscle or hyperextention of the muscles. You should post your chest routine exactly as you do it and we can help you out to see if your overtraining your pecs.

priority
01-01-09, 3:50 pm
my chest routine is normally;
incline press (bar, smith or dbell) - 2 x warm ups, 12, 10, 8 (last 2 sets to failure)
flat press - 10, 8 (last set to failure)
pec flye - 10, 8 (last set to failure)

thtas all i do on chest day. I consider it to be quite few sets, on other bodyparts i can do much more sets without as much soreness.

Dingo
01-02-09, 9:59 am
research DOMS delayed onset muscle soreness, soreness doesn't equal hypertrophy it has more to do with nutrition. Your muscle is retaining too much of the lactic acid creted during your workouts.

Please correct me if i'm wrong. I took a nutritional break this past week with Christmas and New Years, ate too much junk and not enough lean clean protein, aminos and such so after doing legs last monday i still feel it today bad, possibly the worst it's ever been.

priority
01-02-09, 3:47 pm
research DOMS delayed onset muscle soreness, soreness doesn't equal hypertrophy it has more to do with nutrition. Your muscle is retaining too much of the lactic acid creted during your workouts.

Please correct me if i'm wrong. I took a nutritional break this past week with Christmas and New Years, ate too much junk and not enough lean clean protein, aminos and such so after doing legs last monday i still feel it today bad, possibly the worst it's ever been.

i reckon you are probably right but i would say i do eat a lot of protein and do tend to get enough rest. I do take in at least 250 - 300g protein per day at a bodyweight of about 170lbs. maybe i dont eat enough carbs, but i wouldnt say that would have too much effect.

Aggression
01-02-09, 3:59 pm
I worked shoulders on Wednesday, and they're still sore a bit. Chest was Monday, and back was tuesday. Both body parts are no longer sore and fully recovered. I started training with high volume and I was sore for almost a week at first. Now my body has adjusted to the elevated workload and soreness doesn't last for more than a few days. My chest was sore for 5-6 days at the beginning of this routine though. How long has it been occurring?