PDA

View Full Version : Hoodie lacking animal quality??

bigbull52
01-01-09, 1:03 pm
I love this board... You can be very honest and the company takes it to heart to please it's customers...Therefore I want to be very truthful on my animal zip up hoodie I got for Christmas... I have ordered the shorts, a few t-shirts, a skullcap, and even won a bag and they all lived up to the animal name and I rep them very proudly...I saw the hoodie online and had to have it and when it came in I have to be honest...I was very dissapointed, the material was unusually thin and the brand of sweatshirt is very cheap...Certainly not a 60$ brand and the logo was just put on there from like a t-shirt printing store or something?? Now I still love everything animal don't get me wrong, but I am POSITIVE the reps here at animal don't want to be putting out anything overpriced or under quality... Thanks for listening animals.... Hoping to always be improving, Bigbull....

hjayss
01-14-09, 4:11 am
I love this board... You can be very honest and the company takes it to heart to please it's customers...Therefore I want to be very truthful on my animal zip up hoodie I got for Christmas... I have ordered the shorts, a few t-shirts, a skullcap, and even won a bag and they all lived up to the animal name and I rep them very proudly...I saw the hoodie online and had to have it and when it came in I have to be honest...I was very dissapointed, the material was unusually thin and the brand of sweatshirt is very cheap...Certainly not a 60$ brand and the logo was just put on there from like a t-shirt printing store or something?? Now I still love everything animal don't get me wrong, but I am POSITIVE the reps here at animal don't want to be putting out anything overpriced or under quality... Thanks for listening animals.... Hoping to always be improving, Bigbull....

Funny my wife brought me one for my b-day..she said the same thing...I love it because I can hit the gym in it with my skully on fits kinda tight they need larger sizes is my only issue..I can however see where you are comming from..

bigbull52
01-27-09, 1:15 pm
Yeah I am sure animal will make some definite improvements if enough voices agree....

Maharg
01-27-09, 1:17 pm
I wanted the Animal hoodie the pros were wearing made by Dickies. Those hoodies looked thick and thermal.

Universal Rep
01-27-09, 1:19 pm

Hey BB, wassup? Sorry I missed this thread... I have the same hoodie you're talkin' about and I agree, it's def lightweight. We're talkin' this one, right?

http://www.animalpak.com/store/html/product.cfm?id=365

I actually kinda like it cuz it's good for wearing around the house or lifting as it's light--but then again, I realize other fellas might be expectin' something heavier. Would ya like to return it?

Big C
01-27-09, 1:30 pm
Yeah I got mine for Christmas and my pocket is already starting to rip on the right side.

I like it a lot but the quality doesn't seem extremely great. Btw, it's the zip up one.

bigbull52
01-27-09, 2:25 pm
Hey BB, wassup? Sorry I missed this thread... I have the same hoodie you're talkin' about and I agree, it's def lightweight. We're talkin' this one, right?

http://www.animalpak.com/store/html/product.cfm?id=365

I actually kinda like it cuz it's good for wearing around the house or lifting as it's light--but then again, I realize other fellas might be expectin' something heavier. Would ya like to return it?

It's the zip up one Rep, the one that cost 60 dollars...And my future mother-in-law bought it for me and so I don't have the reciept and things like that.... But I wouldn't return it anyway, I proudly wear animal...I just wanted to say that if it's going to cost 60 dollars then let it be worth 60 dollars ya know?? Every other clothing product I have ever bought from animal (and I have quite a few) have been great material, good looking, and durable.... I just don't think this one has quite the same quality...The maker (jerzees) is not the best brand, but either way it's just about a 10 dollar sweatshirt with a logo screened on.... Not animal like... Thanks for taking notice though rep, Don't think I am whining I just want animal to live up to its reputation in all aspects...

Universal Rep
01-27-09, 2:29 pm
It's the zip up one Rep, the one that cost 60 dollars...And my future mother-in-law bought it for me and so I don't have the reciept and things like that.... But I wouldn't return it anyway, I proudly wear animal...I just wanted to say that if it's going to cost 60 dollars then let it be worth 60 dollars ya know?? Every other clothing product I have ever bought from animal (and I have quite a few) have been great material, good looking, and durable.... I just don't think this one has quite the same quality...The maker (jerzees) is not the best brand, but either way it's just about a 10 dollar sweatshirt with a logo screened on.... Not animal like... Thanks for taking notice though rep, Don't think I am whining I just want animal to live up to its reputation in all aspects...

This one? http://www.animalpak.com/store/html/product.cfm?id=228

The retail on this is $49.95?

I don't think you're whinin' at all brother... Just stating your honest feelings. No company i this day and age can afford to operate without listening to their customers IMHO. Doesn't mean there can always be a resolution, but sometimes, just the act of listenin' goes a long way. I got one of those zip ups too, but dunno who the manufacturer is... Are there, in your opinion, better manufacturers than Jerzees?

Maharg
01-27-09, 2:32 pm

I don't think you're whinin' at all brother... Just stating your honest feelings. No company i this day and age can afford to operate without listening to their customers IMHO. Doesn't mean there can always be a resolution, but sometimes, just the act of listenin' goes a long way. I got one of those zip ups too, but dunno who the manufacturer is... Are there, in your opinion, better manufacturers than Jerzees?

Gildan Heavy blend is pretty good. They make most of House of Pains an EliteFTS hoodies and so far no problems. Just throwing my 2 cents out there.

Universal Rep
01-27-09, 2:35 pm
Gildan Heavy blend is pretty good. They make most of House of Pains an EliteFTS hoodies and so far no problems. Just throwing my 2 cents out there.

Some of my Animal Ts are Gildan...

Maharg
01-27-09, 2:49 pm
Some of my Animal Ts are Gildan...

Then there we go. A company Animal already has a affilation with. An now that i think about it, arent all the Iconics made by them? Couldnt be that much more pricey just to have them make the hoodies too.

Universal Rep
01-27-09, 2:51 pm
Then there we go. A company Animal already has a affilation with. An now that i think about it, arent all the Iconics made by them? Couldnt be that much more pricey just to have them make the hoodies too.

I dunno if Corporate buys directly from Gildan... Guessin' they pick things up from a distributor...

Little Z
01-27-09, 2:53 pm

Yes sir, well at least all my Iconics are hahha..

Yeah with the company already dealing with them for their shirt orders, it should not take much for them to toss
out the same design for the hoodies.. btw.. i need to get me a hoodie haha..

Reacher34
01-27-09, 3:19 pm

I second all of your sentiments here, bigbull. I love all the products that Animal has to offer, tangible (supps, gear) and intangible (forvm). My girl got me the zip up hoodie for Christmas that I'd been askin for all year. And while I've worn it almost everyday, its not what I was expecting. The "A" looks cheaply applied and not trimmed. The hood itself wasn't cut right, I can't wear the hood up because when I put it on it is ridiculously pointy, like a conehead or KKK member (poor reference but thats what it looks like). Also, I got a XXL, and it seems the extra size was only cut into the gut, which I don't have. The shoulders and back are tight, while there is a huge protrusion of fabric only at my stomach. Plus, the wrist cuffs and whole forearm area is skin tight. Looks very awkward.

I was very disappointed. I've seen pics of Vinny and Ox rocking this zip-up, and it just looks different. If theirs can cover their shoulder girdle well and not come with a huge kangaroo pouch, why can't mine? Also, in one pic Vinny's has a tiny red tag on the left pocket which I'm assuming says "animal" or "universal". Makes me think I have a different product than these guys.

Overall, it doesn't change my favorable view of Animal, it's just not what I expected.

Maharg
01-27-09, 3:33 pm
I was very disappointed. I've seen pics of Vinny and Ox rocking this zip-up, and it just looks different. If theirs can cover their shoulder girdle well and not come with a huge kangaroo pouch, why can't mine? Also, in one pic Vinny's has a tiny red tag on the left pocket which I'm assuming says "animal" or "universal". Makes me think I have a different product than these guys.

Overall, it doesn't change my favorable view of Animal, it's just not what I expected.

The zip up hoodie you are talking about is the Dickies made model i mentioned earlier. The lil red tag doesnt say Animal, it says Dickies. That lil red symbol is the dickies trade mark.

Elite
01-27-09, 4:43 pm
Thing is, i intend buying a zip hoody, but i dont like the Dickies label. Yet this type seems to be a better quality, d'oh!

shortstack
01-27-09, 5:22 pm
Yeah, I gotta agree that the cuff and arms are a little tight but and it's a little thinner than I was expecting but I still like it.

I think that a thicker, slightly over all, over sized hoodie would probably get more favorable reviews.

Carpe Diem P.T
01-27-09, 6:24 pm
what other company would even give a toss? Animal 4 eva.

Reacher34
01-27-09, 8:33 pm
The zip up hoodie you are talking about is the Dickies made model i mentioned earlier. The lil red tag doesnt say Animal, it says Dickies. That lil red symbol is the dickies trade mark.

Oh, thanks. I didn't know that. Well that definitely explains why mine is different from what I expected. Anyone know how/where I can get the Dickies one?

Little Z
01-28-09, 1:43 am
Oh, thanks. I didn't know that. Well that definitely explains why mine is different from what I expected. Anyone know how/where I can get the Dickies one?

become a pro? hahah jk bro..

those were not a public release.. to my knowledge

bigbull52
01-28-09, 2:09 pm

Yeah that's the one i'm talking about...My mistake on the 60$.....But all the labels these members have mentioned are very good...I personally would like dickies because it kind of has the animal pride to...Hard working, tough...things like that....let me know if the company decides anything so that I can make a purchase for the better one.... And on the sleeves and forearms...If your not a weakling they are ridiculously tight.... So tight they really don't make it down to the wrist...

krazyassmexican
01-28-09, 2:11 pm
i am dying for one of those hoodies but this thread is making me re think

ghost
01-28-09, 2:15 pm
i am dying for one of those hoodies but this thread is making me re think

I will tell you what... i ordered two of them. my wife has since bitched because i refuse to take them off... they are so friggin comfortable and just amazing. honestly, Order one.

Gambit
01-28-09, 2:34 pm
My solution to the thin problem? Rock the zip-up in the gym or whenever you want pure comfort and hook it up with the pullover hoodie in the rest of the world.

That being said, U-Rep, I got some close ties to a promotional products company...I bet we could rock some sick quality if corporate is ever looking for a better deal.

eric downey
03-09-09, 7:36 am
i love mine.

Flash419
03-09-09, 1:35 pm
I just found this thread...

I got the zip up hoodie as part of my BIG 88 promo... I was disappointed with the quality too. I've gotten the little 'WHAT IS ANIMAL' catalog with some of my orders from Universal, and the hoodie is described as being Super Heavy Duty... the Hoodie I got was lightweight, and not up to what everything else from Animal has been. I've had to trim off some loose strings and some unraveling where the zipper is sewn in a few times already. Felt kinda childish bitching about something I received as part of a promo.. but it would appear I am not the only one. I'd love to have one of the heavy duty hoodies.. and if they're available I WANT ONE!

Thanks!

Big C
03-09-09, 7:39 pm
I second this!!! Mine is not heavy duty either and I see the Animal pros have the heavy gray interior lining. Again not bitchin just throwing this out there....I still wear mine everywhere but the quality seems a bit lacking.

I just found this thread...

I got the zip up hoodie as part of my BIG 88 promo... I was disappointed with the quality too. I've gotten the little 'WHAT IS ANIMAL' catalog with some of my orders from Universal, and the hoodie is described as being Super Heavy Duty... the Hoodie I got was lightweight, and not up to what everything else from Animal has been. I've had to trim off some loose strings and some unraveling where the zipper is sewn in a few times already. Felt kinda childish bitching about something I received as part of a promo.. but it would appear I am not the only one. I'd love to have one of the heavy duty hoodies.. and if they're available I WANT ONE!

Thanks!

Beach91
03-24-09, 10:08 pm
Yep, i totally agree, if you look in the pics from this years cage u can see Vinny wearin a thickly grey lined black animal hoody, with a dickies label on it. The one sold in the shop is a cheaper softer version made by jerzees, poorer quality and very poor in comparison to the dickies versions the pros have.

Im sorry for the negative feedback, but I agree with the others, and would gladly pay a higher cost as long as the hoody would be of higher quality.

ghost
03-24-09, 10:13 pm
Yep, i totally agree, if you look in the pics from this years cage u can see Vinny wearin a thickly grey lined black animal hoody, with a dickies label on it. The one sold in the shop is a cheaper softer version made by jerzees, poorer quality and very poor in comparison to the dickies versions the pros have.

Im sorry for the negative feedback, but I agree with the others, and would gladly pay a higher cost as long as the hoody would be of higher quality.

that would be the Zip up hoodie. they are very comfortable, and warm.

MrMuscles22
03-24-09, 10:44 pm
Now, I don't have the zip up hoodie from the shop like everyone else has, but I do WANT to get the heavy duty lined dickies one the pro's had on. I would gladly pay extra for the higher quality and warmth. If these ever become available, I will be the first one in line to buy one!

Little Z
03-25-09, 1:12 pm
Now, I don't have the zip up hoodie from the shop like everyone else has, but I do WANT to get the heavy duty lined dickies one the pro's had on. I would gladly pay extra for the higher quality and warmth. If these ever become available, I will be the first one in line to buy one!

x2..

mritter3
03-25-09, 1:46 pm
i actually like the fact that it is lightweight, my gym is so fucking hot, i can usually sport it through all of my workout, but i get where your coming form bro.

Beach91
03-25-09, 8:23 pm
Yep, in my post i was refering to the zip up hoodie. I have the pullover and love it, but the zipup just doesnt cut it, it may be warm and comfy for some, but in my neck of the woods we have winter 7 months of the year and heavy duty is the way to go for me. Im looking for something heavy, durable and high quality, not something soft to wear around the house, and if i have to wear extra layers to make a hoodie warm whats the point? Id rather have a high quality hoodie that does the job, without having to add extra layers.

Elite
03-25-09, 8:37 pm
Please send any unwanted 'lightweight' XL hoodys to my shores. I've been desperate to rock one in and out the gym for some time and i dont like the dickies one.

Beach91
03-25-09, 11:04 pm
Hey Thirdeye,

If you have any gear from the Cage in 08 like the yellow iconic hat or any other goodies, I m game for a trade for my hoodie

dannynb
03-25-09, 11:36 pm
It would be nice to have the heavy duty one but still I ordered my zip up hoodie awhile back and I'd be damned if I don't wear it. It's warm enough for our Texas winters and it is comfortable as hell. Like ThirdEye said...for those of you with a 2xl hoodie that don't want it...just send it on down here, I'll gladly take it off your hands.