PDA

View Full Version : Torrent or Protein?

Alta0331
01-01-09, 6:51 pm
I'm about to place an order to BB.com and I have torrent on the way but I'm running low on protein. Is it better to take Torrent by itself after a workout and have a protein as a meal replacement during the day or is Torrent a protein already

Little Z
01-01-09, 8:57 pm
I'm about to place an order to BB.com and I have torrent on the way but I'm running low on protein. Is it better to take Torrent by itself after a workout and have a protein as a meal replacement during the day or is Torrent a protein already

Torrent is excellent post workout.. 20g protein.. you'll want to down that Torrent within 30 mins of
ending your workout.. and then 30-45 mins later you can have that shake..

If you can afford it, and can drink Torrent at different times during the day, go for it..

Ive seen a few brothers do that.. a lot like Torrent in the morning..

AFTazz06
01-01-09, 9:20 pm
Protein powders are good meal replacements cause they give your body what it needs. Torrent however, is good for POST workout, not as a meal replacement, never replace a full meal with supplements. always go for a complete whole food meal over supps, if your low on protein powder then eat a meal, or try protein bars.

Little Z
01-01-09, 10:16 pm
Protein powders are good meal replacements cause they give your body what it needs. Torrent however, is good for POST workout, not as a meal replacement, never replace a full meal with supplements. always go for a complete whole food meal over supps, if your low on protein powder then eat a meal, or try protein bars.

Yeah I wasnt suggesting Torrent as a MRP..

sanga
01-02-09, 4:32 pm
Torrent Pre/during and PWO.

MRP = Unisyn but even then I prefer solid meals with Unisyn or whey to back it up, I never just have a shake unless with some nuts or carbs and the shake will need to be 60g+ of protein.

Read Tinys thread on Torrent, very interesting.

Pravus
01-04-09, 11:40 am
Yeah I wasnt suggesting Torrent as a MRP..

I never thought of taking it during or before. I'll have to try that out.

Wasteland
01-05-09, 4:07 pm

You'll get many different opinions on this, but in my opinion, I would take Torrent by itself after lifting. You can use protein powders throughout the day, between meals if you want.

Wasteland
01-05-09, 4:08 pm
Torrent Pre/during and PWO.

MRP = Unisyn but even then I prefer solid meals with Unisyn or whey to back it up, I never just have a shake unless with some nuts or carbs and the shake will need to be 60g+ of protein.

Read Tinys thread on Torrent, very interesting.

Do you have the link?

As for during, you prefer Torrent over Intra-Aid?

tankthefrank
06-30-09, 4:44 am
I'm kinda lost with torrent guys. If I take torrent does it mean I should cut off protein shakes after my workouts or should I do both?

Shamus11B
06-30-09, 4:51 am
Torrent basically bridges the gap between your W/O and Post workout meal. Yes it has protein in it but just the right amount to meet your anabolic window. Drink the torrent directly after you W/O and then eat as you normally would.

Wasteland
06-30-09, 9:20 am
I'm kinda lost with torrent guys. If I take torrent does it mean I should cut off protein shakes after my workouts or should I do both?

Torrent is complete post-workout nutrition and superior to protein alone. Macro wise, Torrent contains both protein and carbs, which studies show is beneficial to the lifter. See this thread for example:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=21316

So yes, Torrent would replace your normal protein-only shake. Taking Torrent, however, doesn't mean you should neglect your whole food meals though. Many take Torrent immediately after lifting, then follow up shortly after that with a mixed, whole food meal.