PDA

View Full Version : No food vs. unhealthy food

Asian
01-02-09, 12:58 am
I run into this problem a lot when I return home for school breaks. At school I am pretty regimented with what I eat. When I go home though, the food my family has is not as healthy/not conducive to putting on mass. Lots of times there will be fast food and in general things I don't nomrally eat. So, would it be better to not eat? Or should I still be getting the calories to maintain mass? Me personally, I'm looking to maintain current muscle mass.

dominate77
01-02-09, 1:15 am
is going to the store not an option? if its not, yeah i'd eat the junk food before not eating anything at all.

sanga
01-02-09, 3:11 am
If I have the choice of missing a meal or getting whatever is available I`ll take the food everytime, missing a meal is detrimental to what you are trying to achieve, never miss a meal, ever..

Little Z
01-02-09, 5:11 am
If I have the choice of missing a meal or getting whatever is available I`ll take the food everytime, missing a meal is detrimental to what you are trying to achieve, never miss a meal, ever..

Absolutely agree with this.. the ONLY time I miss a meal every 2.5-3 hours is when im sleeping..

And sometimes I even wake up and have that shake I placed in the fridge before I passed out..

Like sanga said, missing a meal is something you NEVER want to do..

Joseb
01-02-09, 1:45 pm
never place yourself in a position where you have to make this decision.
i went on a retreat with my buddies and it was for a week. i packed all the food for the whole week.. it took up most of my luggage but its okay. :]
and hotels provide mini fridges for free and they always have ice machines.

krazyassmexican
01-02-09, 1:50 pm
tuna cans can go as low as 50cents, whole wheat bread is usually cheap as well

Aggression
01-02-09, 2:28 pm
I'd personally rather eat junk vs. not eat at all. Get the food in anyway you can. Its more detrimental to not eat at all, even if that means pounding down a big mac or two...

naturalguy
01-02-09, 2:32 pm

I agree sanga. The only exception to this is if you were on a contest diet. If you are looking to put on muscle, don't miss meals.

Mr. Dead
01-02-09, 2:36 pm
I agree sanga. The only exception to this is if you were on a contest diet. If you are looking to put on muscle, don't miss meals.

Exactly... And, even then, I always make sure I have an emergency stash of tuna, nuts, jerky...

MojoMike36
01-02-09, 3:21 pm
I'm not gonna read other responses on this one and just say...

9/10 I'd eat the unhealthy food rather than no food. Its hard to think of a food that is so bad I wouldn't eat but whatever. I'd make it my weekly cheat meal.

sanga
01-02-09, 4:18 pm

Agreed NG ref the contest diet but lets be honest you wouldn`t ever put yourself in the position of having either shit food or no food on a bulk let alone a contest diet.

I take food everywhere I go, especially when dieting, at the airport, on the plane, in a restuarant, I don`t care, if I`m dieting my food goes with me.

naturalguy
01-02-09, 4:38 pm
Agreed NG ref the contest diet but lets be honest you wouldn`t ever put yourself in the position of having either shit food or no food on a bulk let alone a contest diet.

I take food everywhere I go, especially when dieting, at the airport, on the plane, in a restuarant, I don`t care, if I`m dieting my food goes with me.

That is dedication my brother

dominate77
01-02-09, 5:36 pm
tuna cans can go as low as 50cents, whole wheat bread is usually cheap as well

hell yeah man, i get that shit for 1.79 a loaf before work and eat whole wheat bread and those whole cooked chickens they have at safeway and eat it at work the whole day.
thats like 8 bucks for a whole day of food

Everyonedoes
01-05-09, 11:06 am

I take food everywhere I go, especially when dieting, at the airport, on the plane, in a restuarant, I don`t care, if I`m dieting my food goes with me. Reminds me of a guy i saw at the movies a while back he had his plastic bag with some chicken in to snack on.

prowrestler
01-05-09, 2:52 pm
fuck junk food over no food is a no brainer......

id do junk food over clean food lol

Wasteland
01-05-09, 4:02 pm
If you're looking to maintain weight and you choose not to eat for extended periods of time, you will lose weight. I'm assuming you don't mean you'd have to eat "unhealthy" foods for every meal for days/weeks on end?

dannynb
01-05-09, 4:24 pm

Amen...I have a total of 2 mini ice chest and one large one that goes with everywhere I go with my days worth of food stashed inside. I get some crazy looks depending on where we go, but I'm not missing a meal.

Bartles
01-05-09, 8:53 pm
If you're looking to maintain weight and you choose not to eat for extended periods of time, you will lose weight. I'm assuming you don't mean you'd have to eat "unhealthy" foods for every meal for days/weeks on end?

You should see the looks I get in english, and Psychology.
"Uhhh....Whats with the chicken, you ate 2nd hour, lunch and now in 7th?

"Gotta eat big to get big bro"

"Uh.....k"

Try and not put yourself in situations like that, keep some almonds ina bag in your pocket, or something. Or chicken in a container in yer backpack.

I hate not eating clean, I know it adds more mass then no food. It's just I always feel bad after eating crappy food. Too adjusted to clean food I guess?