PDA

View Full Version : Give it your all, no matter what it takes

DanTheMan
01-02-09, 2:42 pm
I really wanted to share this with my brothers on the Forvm-- it's something I wrote about a year ago during the preworkouts for my senior year of football. It was to inspire my team and show them how and what i wanted to accomplish this year. Although we lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs, our team was probably the best it's been, unity and spirit wise. We weren't the strongest class, we weren't the biggest, but we had heart. This is before I heard of animal, and looking back and looking through this articles, I feel as if I encompassed what a young buck needed (and still needs) to be a true, beast of an Animal. So here's to you guys-- Lift hard and eat heavy.

Give it your all, no matter what it takes; Fight through the threshold and find a new level, a new limit. Never be satisfied. It's bound to happen-- It will happen. Whatever you want, as long as you push, shove, fight for what you want-- A victory, a stance. Pain is weakness... Pain is... Temporary. Pride. Be the epitome of pride. Walk around with your chest out and head up. Walk around with a certain swagger, a taste of superiority, but not much more. Allow yourself to be arrogant. Allow yourself to boast. But with that, allow yourself to be modest. Allow yourself to receive compliments. But, never allow yourself to take the compliments to your head. Use them as a compass, not a map. Allow yourself to exude confidence, but let it always be graced with humbleness. Be who you are, but do not be cocky. Who you are is a state of body, a state of mind, a state of heart. Strive for better and be the best. Allow yourself to quit, but only as a last resort, and try again. Respect yourself and your limits. Only quit when you are completely drained, physically and mentally, but never be drained emotionally. Emotionally, you'll always tell yourself you're going to do, and will do your best. Heck, it’s not called quitting, because you’re going to go and do it again, and again, until you’re happy with the end-result. Give it effort after effort, attempt after attempt, until the task is accomplished. Allow yourself to cry, but not because of anguish. Allow yourself to cry when you've discovered the definition of enough. Allow yourself to cry when you think you've done the task at hand to the best of your ability. But never allow yourself to complain or mourn. Don't live in the past, remember it. Learn from it. Live in the present and dream for the future. Allow your actions to benefit you in the long run. Allow your body to break and bleed. But never ever allow your heart and drive to do so. Know your limit, but set a higher goal. Respect your body and mind. Allow for breaks, bruises, and blood to mend and wash away, but do not allow yourself to use these as an excuse, only as a reminder. Allow yourself to step out of your comfort zone. Allow yourself to taste the intolerable. Allow your body to overcome physical boundaries, and your mind, mental boundaries. But do not allow yourself to dwell in this area; Do not allow yourself to be self absorbed. Allow yourself to observe others and listen. Allow yourself to get encouragement from your team mates, and return the favor. Allow yourself to see life in all angles, but keep your perspective at heart. Never think negatively, Always know there's a way to success. Allow yourself to imagine, but always pursue. Always ask questions, but never allow yourself to be ignorant. Dream, but do not fantasize. Run the sprints as if you were carrying the ball on the last play. Drive the sled until you are sure you can defeat the opponent. Struggle, but do not give up. Push the weight; control it. Become better with each set. Get bigger with each lift. Get faster with every carolina and gasture. Get stronger with every rep. Never allow room for excuses, but listen to your body. Be stern and serious, but also knowledgeable and smart. Be dedicated to both the weight room and class room, and most of all, the field. Be inspired, but strive to inspire. Be a rolemodel, a leader. Be a winner. If you are to fail, lose, or under-achieve, know how to handle the situation and benefit from it from whatever you can. Do not put others down, nor blame them. Hold your head high, but know at the particular situation, you could have done something different, something better. Do not keep your mindset in the mistake. Allow for repercussions, but see that you are not content with your performance. Never be content. The satisfaction that comes with hard work and true ethics will be so much sweeter in the end. Be strong through out any situation. Be strong for yourself. Be strong for your family, your parents. Be strong for your team, your brothers and coaches. But most importantly, be strong for yourself. And success is bound to come. Remember: Pain is weakness. Be strong for yourself and success will come.

sportsfan4110
01-02-09, 4:31 pm
great post bro.. def. very inspirational for not only the weight room but for how we should all live our lives

SDR
01-02-09, 7:18 pm
Thanks

Little Z
01-03-09, 3:36 am
Thanks

Will definately be saving this, thanks for posting this up brother..

spanish.iron
01-03-09, 5:05 am
There's some straight up truth in those words. If you ever ran for president with a speech like that, I'd elect you... Even though I'm Canadian, lol.

DanTheMan
01-03-09, 1:21 pm
great post bro.. def. very inspirational for not only the weight room but for how we should all live our lives

thanks for reading man.. it's how I try to carry myself everyday and put forth maximum effort in everything i do.

Will definately be saving this, thanks for posting this up brother..

yeah man, spread the word. no problem for posting, no point in keeping it to myself!

There's some straight up truth in those words. If you ever ran for president with a speech like that, I'd elect you... Even though I'm Canadian, lol.

lol, thanks bud, but I'm no Obama.... hahah

Amurai
04-09-09, 12:07 am
I think this deserves to be bumped.

DanTheMan
04-12-09, 2:32 pm
I think this deserves to be bumped.

thanks bud, i really appreciate it