PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

MyWK99
01-03-09, 3:19 am
I'm new here, so lets kick things off real quick. I'm 14 and I need some opinions here, I know I will get some comments on why I am taking supps at my age, but all they can do is benefit. I don't know if this is the right section, it has to do with livin'.

I purchased a container of Shock Therapy today, there is no warning on age limit on the container so I bought it. While working out today I experienced a massive headache due to dehydration, but I downed around 2 gallons of water today.

This stuff is awesome, it gives me an amazing pump and I don't want to give it up, to fight the headache I will drink more liquid, but I need a realistic opinion. I have done some research on some other sites that state warnings that you have to be 18.

Should I continue to take it?

Little Z
01-03-09, 3:32 am
I'm new here, so lets kick things off real quick. I'm 14 and I need some opinions here, I know I will get some comments on why I am taking supps at my age, but all they can do is benefit. I don't know if this is the right section, it has to do with livin'.

I purchased a container of Shock Therapy today, there is no warning on age limit on the container so I bought it. While working out today I experienced a massive headache due to dehydration, but I downed around 2 gallons of water today.

This stuff is awesome, it gives me an amazing pump and I don't want to give it up, to fight the headache I will drink more liquid, but I need a realistic opinion. I have done some research on some other sites that state warnings that you have to be 18.

Should I continue to take it?

Negative young Animal.

You should not be taking any supplements at your age, all you should be doing is eating and some training..

I honestly suggest you stop taking ST at this time..

sanga
01-03-09, 6:41 am
Doesn`t sound like you were dehydrated then, the headache was more than likely caused by holding your breath during an intense set or sets.

All you need at your age is good solid food and maybe a multi vit/min.

J Wong
01-03-09, 10:49 am
Maybe your just not used to the stims.

prowrestler
01-03-09, 12:22 pm
eat

MyWK99
01-03-09, 1:26 pm
@ Little Z, it's not like I'm on anything serious. Just whey, casein, animal paks, fish oil and now ST.

@ sanga, it was probably because I was holding my breath, I was doing a 5x5 on heavy squats yesterday. I have all the basics down and it's all I need for a while.

@ boom, that is probably another factor, never thought of that, thx.

@ prowrestler, I do eat. 5,000+ calories a day, not all clean, but I'm not on a keto yet.. and I'm fine with some fat gain.

prowrestler
01-03-09, 1:51 pm
@ Little Z, it's not like I'm on anything serious. Just whey, casein, animal paks, fish oil and now ST.

@ sanga, it was probably because I was holding my breath, I was doing a 5x5 on heavy squats yesterday. I have all the basics down and it's all I need for a while.

@ prowrestler, I do eat. 5,000+ calories a day, not all clean, but I'm not on a keto yet.. and I'm fine with some fat gain.

just dont over look food vs supps

you dont really need the supplements, whey i dont consider a supplement though. protien is protien.

id stick with

whey
gainer
casien

thats about it. i used all those pre training supplements. i started useing them at 15. didnt harm me but money coulda been spent better

MyWK99
01-03-09, 2:09 pm
just dont over look food vs supps

you dont really need the supplements, whey i dont consider a supplement though. protien is protien.

id stick with

whey
gainer
casien

thats about it. i used all those pre training supplements. i started useing them at 15. didnt harm me but money coulda been spent better

The fish oil is for my efa's, paks are for my multi vit/pre workout energy supp. I can make homemade gainer.

Just take some whey, whole milk, peanut butter, corn starch, and oats. I also understand why food is infinitely better than supps.

prowrestler
01-03-09, 2:24 pm
The fish oil is for my efa's, paks are for my multi vit/pre workout energy supp. I can make homemade gainer.

Just take some whey, whole milk, peanut butter, corn starch, and oats. I also understand why food is infinitely better than supps.

oh, u can use pak and a fish oil though. id rather spend that money on food though.
and the gainers, find a solid inexpensive one. its cheap per serving of 1000 cals. and convienent.

Little Z
01-03-09, 2:29 pm

Its not the point that you arent on anything "serious".. but its only my advice, and you asked our advice..

strivin for more
01-03-09, 3:06 pm
hey man, im 15 all i take is a muilti and have a good quality protein powder to compliment a

clean diet.

IRBS
01-03-09, 3:06 pm
No Universal SUpplements are reccommended for anyone under the age of 18, period.

You should not be using anything at your age. At 14 years old your body is just in the infancy phases of changing for the next 10 years or so. This, at most, should be your first year training with any weights (I dont advocate weight training for anyone inder the age of 14 for anyone who approaches me about training kids). Your maturity level, in life and in the gym, is not where it needs to be yet.

For the next few years, all you need to do is eat and exercise. Thats it. Stop worrying about supplements. You would get much further by investing in red meat and potato's than any fancy supplements.

Good luck. Thread closed.