PDA

View Full Version : Blood Test Help

yamensbs
01-03-09, 9:50 am
Hello All,

I just had a blood test and I am a bit worried with the results. So, I am seeking your help.

First, lets take a look at my Liver Pofile:

Total Protein (Serum Protein) 83 g/L Averagage is 64-83
Albumin (Serum Alb) 44 g/L Average is 35-50
Total Bilirubin (TBIL) 15.9 umol/L Average is 0 - 17
Direct Bilirubin (DBIL) 2.9 umol/L Average is 0 - 3.4
GGT 71 U/L Average is 8-61
Alkaline Phosphate (ALP) 69 U/L Average is 40-129
ALT 73 U/L Average is 0-41
AST 36 U/L Average is 0-37

LDL Cholesterol Level is 3.5 mmol/L Average is 2.6 - 3.3

What I am doing now is that I am bulking up. Just finished a cycle of Mstak last week, And currently on Animal Pak (Been having if for the past 6 months non-stop)

I eat everything though.

My Cardio is very minimal. I eat 8 full eggs a week and I drink Full Cream milk with my protein shakes.

I am aware now that I want to reduce my cholesterol level, I should promote Cardio in the workout routing, give up egg yolks, and use low fat milk or something of that sort.

I will also add Oatmeal in my daily intake.

Would that be good to reduce cholesterol? Or do you guys want to add anything into it?

The other part is the Liver. I am quiet worried about the results. So I am asking if Animal pak "liver pill" has anything to do with it?

Should I be concerned about it in the first place?

I haven't seen my doctor yet, but thought of posting it here for additional feedback.

I appreciate your time and effort..

Regards,
Yamen

bigffmike
01-03-09, 10:50 am
Hey bro, what are you worried about. From my education level they look good.
Looks like you have a sound diet

Albumin is made mainly in the liver. It helps keep the blood from leaking out of blood vessels. Albumin also helps carry some medicines and other substances through the blood and is important for tissue growth and healing. This is mainly tested to see how well the Kidneys are working, and if you diet has enough protein. The serum protein is a combination of the Albumin and Globulin (I did't see on your list).
Rest Easy bro. If it is in the normal range you are good.

Oatmeal has been showen to help <Cholesterol but a good diet and exercise will do wonders also.

yamensbs
01-03-09, 1:46 pm
THanks bro.. I appreciate it.

I am concerned about the GGT and ALT level. They seem to be shooting up and way above average. That is getting me worried that my liver might got something wrong with it.

bigffmike
01-03-09, 3:24 pm
The GGT test helps to detect liver and bile duct injurys. It can help explain the cause of other changes or if the doc suspects alcohol abuse. For example, both ALP and GGT are elevated in disease of the bile ducts and in some liver diseases, but only ALP will be elevated in bone disease. If the GGT level is normal in a person with a high ALP, the cause is most likely bone disease. GGT can also be used to screen for chronic alcohol abuse (it will be elevated in about 75% of chronic drinkers).

The ALT test detects liver injury. ALT values are usually compared to the levels of other enzymes, such as alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST), to help determine which form of liver disease is present.

All should be fine dude
If you want more info go to web md
hope I helped a bit

yamensbs
01-04-09, 11:38 am
Forgive my ignorance mike.

I just want to know, does Animal Pak / ON Mass would be the casue of this?

Cellerator65
01-04-09, 1:32 pm
oatmeal everyday = great idea

I think you mentioned you are bulking... you can try cardio a few times a week to better your cardiovascular system.

Cellerator65
01-04-09, 1:34 pm
Forgive my ignorance mike.

I just want to know, does Animal Pak / ON Mass would be the casue of this?

Usually a high LDL is caused from poor diet, lack of exercise, and genetics.

Personally, my family has high cholesterol, both my father and mother take perscription medicine to control theirs. I do not, because mine is actually just under 200, through exercise and a good diet, i can keep mine in the normal range.

Carpe Diem P.T
01-04-09, 4:28 pm
Eat Healthy, Exercise regularly and everything will fall in to place.

GJN5002
01-05-09, 3:48 pm
I have genetically high choleterol too. Just get soem cardio in, eat some fiber, and take some fish oil and get rechecked in 6 months. In my opinion, shit food (highly processed sugars and carb sources) are harder on cholesterol than egg yolks and meat.

bigffmike
01-05-09, 4:34 pm
[QUOTE=Cellerator65;603054]Usually a high LDL is caused from poor diet, lack of exercise, and genetics.

Right on Bro