PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Whey, Cassein and any other milk protein?

Fricano
01-03-09, 12:20 pm
Sadly i am allergic to whey protein and all other milk based proteins. This milk allergy is not the same as lactose intolerance. When i consume whey i always vomit 30 minutes later very violently and uncontrolably. However this has not stopped from being a bodybuilder. I make sure to eat lots of beef, chicken and fish to get my daily protein requirement. In fact protein from whole foods is often better than any supplement can offer. But protein from supplements are more convient AND faster digesting than that from whole foods. What are my alternatives to whey protein? Hopefully its something with a bearable taste. Thanks in advance.

machineman
01-03-09, 12:26 pm
Have you tried Soy protein?

Fricano
01-03-09, 1:01 pm
I heard hydrolyzed whey protein is less likely to caused allergic reactions. Could this be true?

Bartles
01-03-09, 1:24 pm
Egg protein?

Cstlfx
01-03-09, 6:59 pm
Universal's Egg Pro:
Vanilla
Chocolate

Universal's Soy Pro:
Apple and Cinnamin
Banana
Chocolate
Strawberry

Universal's PhytoSoy:
Chocolate
Vanilla

The egg protein is pretty rough, it is just like drinking egg whites, mixed with vanilla or cocoa. Soy isnt bad at all. I've had both, and like Soy better. I too am allergic to any and all dairy products. At least you vomit, I go into anaphylactic shock if I consume enough. Also, have you ever tried Goat's Milk? Tastes a little weird at first, but its easy to get used to.

born0withno0soul
01-03-09, 7:15 pm
why not just eat? food is always better. powdered protein is just a supplement, useful but not necessary

Enforcer
01-03-09, 10:10 pm
why not just eat? food is always better. powdered protein is just a supplement, useful but not necessary

I couldnt agree more bro, you get so many more nutrients from food. When it comes down to it I would much rather eat my meals than drink them.

Gazzara
01-04-09, 10:05 am
Oryx goat whey. Goat milk is supposed to be closer to human milk and generally tolerable for someone alergic to cow's milk.

Cstlfx
01-04-09, 11:49 am
Oryx goat whey. Goat milk is supposed to be closer to human milk and generally tolerable for someone alergic to cow's milk.

That still has two different types of whey in it. I got really excited when it came out, but then they had to throw milk in it.

Cellerator65
01-04-09, 1:37 pm
I heard hydrolyzed whey protein is less likely to caused allergic reactions. Could this be true?

if it is true, try some torrent. I think they got some samples running around here somewhere

Cstlfx
01-04-09, 8:33 pm

It depends on what you're allergic to. You can be allergic to casein or whey. If you're allergic to both, then no. Unless you're a rare case, people are usually allergic to the protein. So, no matter how companies get the protein, it will still cause an allergic reaction.

IronWilson
01-05-09, 10:50 am
I've heard of Hemp protein. Never used it, but I guess it is a possibility. It's a tad expensive as well. I think it's worth a try for you.

GJN5002
01-05-09, 10:59 am
There are lactose free proteins out there, just look into it. They are abit more expensive. The only clue I can give you is that its prtoein isolate.