PDA

View Full Version : To ALL Beef Eaters

theharjmann
01-03-09, 3:14 pm
Hey guys/girls

I've been continuously "bulking" now for the past year and a half. My main sources of protein have been Whey, chicken, pork sausages, whole eggs (lots!) and beef (steaks but mainly minced beef burgers).

One thing that i have noticed is that i can eat all the calories i want, eat as many anabolic fats (egg yolks) as i can, but if there is no red meat in my diet, the gains just aren't the same.

I've substituted red meat with up to 10 whole eggs per day....still gains are nothing compared to red meat.

I suppose what im trying to get at is that i say DEFINITELY eat beef if you want to put on mass, and would like to see if other people agree with me or not.

Happy New Year all.

Peace

Angst
01-03-09, 4:05 pm
I agree bro, there's nothing better than steak and eggs. Whole eggs is a complete protein because it contains all the aminos, I think there's 22 total.
Steak has iron and natural creatine, which makes it a great protein source. Eating steak can also help maintain muscle while dieting, I don't cut out steak til I'm 5 weeks out.

theharjmann
01-03-09, 4:22 pm
yeah for sure, but i think that just eggs on their own, no matter how many you eat, still do not compare with even one steak every 2-3 days. There's just something about steak.

sanga
01-03-09, 4:48 pm
Bang on Harj, I`m eating lean beef or steak 3 times a day at present along with 10 whole eggs plus chicken and Iso whey.

theharjmann
01-03-09, 5:16 pm
wow thats a LOT of fat! Epitome of keto LOL

sanga
01-03-09, 5:20 pm
Yeah but most people are scared to eat fats, I used to be one of them until keto, limiting your fat intake is limiting your growth period.

Carbs are in there too but not in massive quantities as I start to add fat a little too fast.

J Wong
01-03-09, 5:33 pm
Yeah, I love beef. Soon I'm gonna start getting in beef twice a day along with eggs for another meal. Should add some good growth hopefully.

Little Z
01-03-09, 5:44 pm
I love me some steak and eggs..

titan80
01-03-09, 6:13 pm
can't agree more. lean meats are great for trying to trim some fat off of you but growth takes something with a bit more kick. i'm a huge fan of steak for my whole protein sources. don't be scared of carbs though. i know a lot of people round here love their keto but when i am looking to fill out a bit more i load up on cleaner carbs like red potatoes ( which go great with about anything ) and brown rice.

born0withno0soul
01-03-09, 7:13 pm
i believe beef is a superior weight gainer, i believe in a rounded diet but i eat more beef than anything else. the way i see it, do you want legs like a chicken or a cow?

Little Z
01-03-09, 7:18 pm
i believe beef is a superior weight gainer, i believe in a rounded diet but i eat more beef than anything else. the way i see it, do you want legs like a chicken or a cow?

like a bull please..

SDR
01-03-09, 9:54 pm
I agree with you bro, and need to buy some fillet steaks to do the job!!!!

we should hook up for a big steak one day, your only down the road

Arbalest
01-04-09, 1:43 am
...limiting your fat intake is limiting your growth period...

Yep!

Mizzarler
01-04-09, 2:59 am
ground sirloin and eye of round is the only meat i eat!!! except pre workout is chicken...

theharjmann
01-04-09, 6:43 am
right im eating a big fat sirloin every day from now on!

Little Z
01-04-09, 8:09 am
right im eating a big fat sirloin every day from now on!

I triple dog dare you to make it 2 big fat sirloins everyday! hahah

naturalguy
01-04-09, 8:14 am
There is something about red meat that is different from other protein sources, definitely a good addition to any mass building diet.

Little Z
01-04-09, 8:16 am
There is something about red meat that is different from other protein sources, definitely a good addition to any mass building diet.

yo NG, whats your favorite cut.. when you splurge on a nice piece or two.. whats your poison?

naturalguy
01-04-09, 10:32 am
yo NG, whats your favorite cut.. when you splurge on a nice piece or two.. whats your poison?

I like a lot of different cuts but flank might be my favorite.

Wisehybred
01-04-09, 10:58 am
Deer meat is a staple in my diet year long. talk about lean!! You can see some of the cleanest gains from a stapled diet of venison. Since the beginning of deer season this year I can attribute most of my mass gains from this wonderful meat. I cant stress enough how good it is for you, no to mention the natural feeding of deer, most meat we buy in the stores are hormonally built....and the added Cholesterol in beef can be less beneficial for those who have naturally high Cholesterol levels. Don't worry, I'm not knocking beef, I eat it as well, just saying that if you have the opportunity to kill your food....no better way of getting some fresh red meet on your plate.

Vinny G
01-04-09, 11:15 am
i like McDonalds meat

Big Wides
01-04-09, 1:12 pm
i like McDonalds meat

haha.....MOOOO

born0withno0soul
01-05-09, 2:44 am
Deer meat is a staple in my diet year long. talk about lean!! You can see some of the cleanest gains from a stapled diet of venison. Since the beginning of deer season this year I can attribute most of my mass gains from this wonderful meat. I cant stress enough how good it is for you, no to mention the natural feeding of deer, most meat we buy in the stores are hormonally built....and the added Cholesterol in beef can be less beneficial for those who have naturally high Cholesterol levels. Don't worry, I'm not knocking beef, I eat it as well, just saying that if you have the opportunity to kill your food....no better way of getting some fresh red meet on your plate.

dear is a great piece of lean meat, but when im looking to bulk and throw on some serious mass, i look at protein less than i do fats. when its time to eat with a mission i look for fatty steaks. ny strip is my favorite. when my contest prep has begun, deer and buffalo are a huge portion for the first few weeks.

Arbalest
01-05-09, 10:27 am

I kill my own cows. Really. Best meat I've ever had :)

FYI: My uncle is an organic farmer, so all the cows are free range grass fed.

randombaz
01-05-09, 10:40 am
i want to start my own brand of supplements, you open the tub and in it is like 5 beef steaks. costs £15 and will last 5 days. will make you grow faster than any other supplement on the market or your money back

theharjmann
01-05-09, 11:20 am
do it...i'll buy it!

N. Motta
11-02-09, 4:20 pm
Just bumping an old thread, as I didn't need to start a new one.

Question regarding ground beef/hamburger patties. What in the fuck are the little hard/shrapnel like objects in this stuff? I found one in a patty I had cooked, that seriously felt so hard and sharp, it may as well have been debris from a detonated grenade.

I have a feeling I am over reacting, but just would like to know.

Angst
11-02-09, 4:30 pm
Just bumping an old thread, as I didn't need to start a new one.

Question regarding ground beef/hamburger patties. What in the fuck are the little hard/shrapnel like objects in this stuff? I found one in a patty I had cooked, that seriously felt so hard and sharp, it may as well have been debris from a detonated grenade.

I have a feeling I am over reacting, but just would like to know.

Well I sure hope those are just chipped bones.

fenix237
11-02-09, 5:31 pm
Well I sure hope those are just chipped bones.

x2- i'm hoping that what those would be, but i have found bullets in my meat before (no lie!) yup, i love me some burgers and steaks- bloody!!!

charlievanriper
11-02-09, 5:39 pm
I usually do either a sirloin or 2 1/4lb angus patties or 8 oz geround Sirloin with Brown rice and a sweet potato post w/o. love me Beef Baby!

Mutant
11-02-09, 7:22 pm
I'm gonna have to say that I've noticed the same thing. I'll even go a step further--this has gotta be in my head but I get headaches when I go too long without red meat! It's like beef withdrawls or some shit. So I eat it on a regular basis.

N. Motta
11-02-09, 7:42 pm

So.... does anybody know what exactly this stuff is? I swear, it seems way too hard and sharp to be meat that was overcooked.

Muscleguy93
11-02-09, 7:43 pm
So.... does anybody know what exactly this stuff is? I swear, it seems way too hard and sharp to be meat that was overcooked.

Bones.

N. Motta
11-02-09, 7:49 pm
For sure?

If it is, I guess I'm not too worried about it, assuming those little shards cannot/will not tear up my guts.

msktyshha
11-02-09, 8:22 pm
For sure theirs nothing like beef. I lovee eating beef and it's one food that I can eat every single day forever just love it. the way it comes under my teeth oohhh just love chewing on it. When I eat beef that's when I really feel like I had a complete meal. The gains are just not the same without beef.

desolation
11-08-09, 3:58 pm
oh yea just found this thread - GO BEEF - no substitute

Artem_
11-08-09, 11:16 pm
I'm starting a bulk soon and I want to start eating beef. I never have really eaten it consistently before. I was thinking to eat it pre and post-workout. Eggs are for breakfast, fish before bed, and the rest is chicken. That sound OK?

Also, I can't afford to eat steak every day, so I was going to buy some ground beef and just cook it up and throw it into my pre and post workout rice. That sound OK?

But, ground beef has 3x more fat than steak, and I'd rather spend the calories on protein. Is there anything I can do about that? Do they sell ground beef leaner than 90%? Because that's what I checked for.

SQUAT or DIE!
11-08-09, 11:19 pm
For sure?

If it is, I guess I'm not too worried about it, assuming those little shards cannot/will not tear up my guts.

it is either a very small piece of bone or hard tendon or something along that line.. nothing that will harm you...

and i live 5 min from the biggest ranch in north america, so yeah i LOVE me some beef...

violator
11-09-09, 5:01 am
tip for steak marinade;

red wine - a little vino in the marinade helps leach out saturated fats in the meat

coca cola - some coke in the marinade REALLY softens the meat up...i have a friend who is a game hunter & he uses coke & apricot jam in his marinade...it just falls apart...mmmmm

Madcat
11-09-09, 7:02 am
Actually you can definitely afford steak everyday. Sams/Costco/BJs Bottom ROund is only 1.99 a lb if you buy a "case" which equates to 60lbs or so. 3 cryopaks. You will have to butcher it, but its wayyyy cheaper then ground beef, and leaner.

mritter3
11-09-09, 8:30 am
beef is not too expensive in my opinion, and it is great for bulking and putting on size.

DEADn
11-09-09, 8:44 am
I go back and forth between ground turkey and ground beef. Ground beef seems harder on the digestive system to me. Just from chewing it up. I use a george foreman grill to pull some of the fats out. That could be part of it.

My proteins are whey, ground turkey and ground beef. Gotta half a colon cleanser in there as well so it doesnt rot in your system.