PDA

View Full Version : Animal Straps Review

sanga
01-04-09, 8:28 am
Ok feedback time.

I always comment on how good Animalpak and Universal products are but on this occasion I have nothing positive to say on the straps except that they are a good length and the embroidered logo is good.

I have had 2 pairs of these now and both have had the stitching come undone, I think this is something that needs to be looked into, I understand they are mass produced but quality is something Animalpak/Universal is known for and stands for.

Both straps on both pairs have the stitching come undone, ok I sewed them back again but thats not the point, the stitching needs to be stronger and tested.

I have had these straps for less than 1 month, deadlifts, rows and chinning is all they have been used for.

Little Z
01-04-09, 8:32 am
Ok feedback time.

I always comment on how good Animalpak and Universal products are but on this occasion I have nothing positive to say on the straps except that they are a good length and the embroidered logo is good.

I have had 2 pairs of these now and both have had the stitching come undone, I think this is something that needs to be looked into, I understand they are mass produced but quality is something Animalpak/Universal is known for and stands for.

Both straps on both pairs have the stitching come undone, ok I sewed them back again but thats not the point, the stitching needs to be stronger and tested.

I have had these straps for less than 1 month, deadlifts, rows and chinning is all they have been used for.

Good post bro.

I have not had the chance to use the new straps yet, but I have heard this a few times already..

Definately needs some looking into though. For the stitching to be coming undone so easily, that does not seem right..

We all know Animal straps were made for proper Animal style lifting.. hopefully something can be done,
and this can be properly looked into..

sanga
01-04-09, 3:02 pm
Yeah I`m hoping to get some response as I seem to have some real trouble getting my mails and PMs answered conclusively.

Cstlfx
01-04-09, 5:27 pm
I bought a pair as soon as they came out, i've yet to have a problem with them.

sanga
01-05-09, 3:04 am
hmmm, more feedback from others is needed here, maybe I have been unlucky but then again they should have been checked before being sent out from production.

machineman
01-05-09, 5:39 am
sorry to hear, sanga....I got a set for christmas and so far the are all good....I will double check them tonight and every time I use them....I will let you know if I have any sort of trouble with them...

naturalguy
01-05-09, 8:14 am
Do you mean the stitching on the logo or the straps themselves? Can you be specific?

I've not heard of this before. We will get you out a set of replacement straps. PM me your information and we will get it taken care of.

krazyassmexican
01-05-09, 8:51 am
as soon as my money gets right i will get the straps

sanga
01-05-09, 9:14 am
Do you mean the stitching on the logo or the straps themselves? Can you be specific?

I've not heard of this before. We will get you out a set of replacement straps. PM me your information and we will get it taken care of.

On the actual flap over creating the loops NG, the embroidered stitching is fine.

sanga
01-05-09, 11:03 am
Many Thanks to NG for looking into this so quickly.

pmug0000
01-05-09, 1:44 pm
I've had the straps since they first came out and haven't had this problem. And trust me, I've been working the fuck out of those straps. The only thing I've noticed is that I'm getting some scarring around my wrists, but I guess that would happen with any straps if you're going heavy enough.

InkdMuscle
01-05-09, 1:54 pm
I've had the straps since they first came out and haven't had this problem. And trust me, I've been working the fuck out of those straps. The only thing I've noticed is that I'm getting some scarring around my wrists, but I guess that would happen with any straps if you're going heavy enough.

x2. I have been shruggin 505 and having them so tight i bust blood vessels in my wrists and still no problem. I hope u get a quick fix on it sanga. I love my straps.

sanga
01-06-09, 3:10 am
NG empty your PM box, its full.

I`ve mailed pics to you from my hotmail address.

slainte151
04-12-09, 8:26 pm
I had the straps for about a month prior to leaving them in a locker room. :-( but anyway, i didnt have any problem with them. I liked the fact they were a little longer and i could get them around the bar almost 3 times. Not to mention the infamous logo on the side. As for the wrist slicing, nothing you can do unless animal wants to put a pad on the inside. But why should we care about a wound from lifting?