PDA

View Full Version : Casein in the morning?

Pravus
01-04-09, 12:23 pm
What are your guys' takes on it?
Right now I'm only taking it before bed but I was thinking about the morning too.

simpleguy
01-04-09, 12:31 pm
why would you? I'd definitely go with whey

DreamZero
01-04-09, 1:16 pm
why would you? I'd definitely go with whey

yeah i second that. casein is slow to absorb.. so in the morning, when you've been fasting for 8 hours or more, i'd definetly go with something you'll assimilate FAST

sanga
01-04-09, 2:57 pm
I`ve done it in the past 3-4 times a day and it is slow to digest and caused me to feel full so eating was a bigger chore than normal, personally I`d stick to before bed.

Pravus
01-04-09, 9:27 pm
yeah i second that. casein is slow to absorb.. so in the morning, when you've been fasting for 8 hours or more, i'd definetly go with something you'll assimilate FAST

That's how I felt too. Not too fun. I'll definitely be sticking with whey.
Thanks fellas.

rocky36
01-05-09, 12:43 am
if you feel the need to take casein in the morning you could do it 50/50 with whey. IMO its still better to just take whey in the morning then get a good solid meal in with it.

rev8ball
01-05-09, 2:17 am
A casein/whey protein (i.e., milk) is great in morning, and all day long, too. That's why I love Universal's Milk & Egg protein if I'm not able to get my hands on some real food....

GJN5002
01-05-09, 11:00 am
I do a 50/50 whey/casein mix. Whey gets me anabolic quick, casein keep sme that way.

simpleguy
01-05-09, 12:16 pm
A casein/whey protein (i.e., milk) is great in morning, and all day long, too. That's why I love Universal's Milk & Egg protein if I'm not able to get my hands on some real food....

yeah but milk&egg doesn't have any protein from whey... just saying

Wasteland
01-05-09, 4:06 pm
What are your guys' takes on it?
Right now I'm only taking it before bed but I was thinking about the morning too.

In the grand scheme of things, it's more than likely not going to make any discernible difference. What kind of casein is it? A caseinate? Micellar casein?

rev8ball
01-05-09, 8:13 pm
yeah but milk&egg doesn't have any protein from whey... just saying

Not directly, but it is in the milk...

simpleguy
01-06-09, 10:46 am
Not directly, but it is in the milk...

it's in the milk you drink, but it's not in the milk&egg powder...

Universal's Exclusive Protein Blend (Consisting Of Calcium Caseinate (Milk), Lactalbumin, And Egg White Albumin)

trust me, if it were any protein from whey you'd see whey on the label

Pravus
01-12-09, 9:01 pm
In the grand scheme of things, it's more than likely not going to make any discernible difference. What kind of casein is it? A caseinate? Micellar casein?

Micellar.