PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo and working out

sodapop
01-04-09, 7:42 pm
I just got a tattoo on my chest yesterday - when can I start working out again?

Thanks for any replies.

ForearmFreak
01-04-09, 7:46 pm
Louie Simmons went through having a tracheotomy (which is where they put a whole in your throat). This surgery takes a while to recover from. The way his routine was during the surgery, ME Squat was the next day and guess where he was? At home laying down and 'recovering'...yea ok...he was under that bar squatting 405 for reps...

Now what's this about a tattoo?

sodapop
01-04-09, 7:47 pm
Louie Simmons went through having a tracheotomy (which is where they put a whole in your throat). This surgery takes a while to recover from. The way his routine was during the surgery, ME Squat was the next day and guess where he was? At home laying down and 'recovering'...yea ok...he was under that bar squatting 405 for reps...

Now what's this about a tattoo?

It has nothing to do with pain. I'm not worried about that.
What I'm worried about is fucking up artwork that will be on my body for the rest of my life.

bdb1513
01-04-09, 7:56 pm
you should be able to get right into the gym man, the ink is already there, unless you rip up the skin there you'll be fine

InkdMuscle
01-04-09, 8:03 pm
your fine bro. i have a lot of ink. i have just recently added to my collection and i was in the gym that same day or the next. You are fine just as long as you dont rip ur skin on the tat or irritate it to bleed out ur fine. sweat is fine. the ink is in so no worries. ur fine.

sodapop
01-04-09, 8:07 pm
Thanks for the replies, guys! I'm pumped to get back in the gym tomorrow!

shizz702
01-04-09, 8:12 pm
Yea bro I got quite a few too, and as said that shit is cut into your skin and ain't going anywhere.

One word of advice, note it is going to start peeling real bad soon, so don't trip whn you see big chunks of dead skin falling out, it won't affect the tat in anyway and it will look fine when it heals up ;)

Lol I remember I had one peeling so bad years back I thought certain parts of the ink were falling out. Be sure to wash it off every day with anitbacterial soap and every once in a while apply some non scented lotion to it to expedite the healing process.

InkdMuscle
01-04-09, 8:18 pm
Yea bro I got quite a few too, and as said that shit is cut into your skin and ain't going anywhere.

One word of advice, note it is going to start peeling real bad soon, so don't trip whn you see big chunks of dead skin falling out, it won't affect the tat in anyway and it will look fine when it heals up ;)

Lol I remember I had one peeling so bad years back I thought certain parts of the ink were falling out. Be sure to wash it off every day with anitbacterial soap and every once in a while apply some non scented lotion to it to expedite the healing process.

I agree with Shizz.. IMO im use coco butter because of the healing and its non scented for all my tats. The tat may start to itch as it heals due to the sweat factor. but no worries. hit the gym and hit it hard.

sodapop
01-04-09, 8:34 pm
Here's a picture of the tattoo for anyone interested:

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/50/l_b603f41091f5463aa4023614f9767f5c.jpg

InkdMuscle
01-04-09, 8:49 pm
really good shading and line work. good shit bro..

Alta0331
01-04-09, 9:07 pm
Looks good man. Watch out if you ever decide to get any on your ribs

stumblin54
01-04-09, 9:07 pm
You should be working out right now. What does that tat mean?

Stumblin

sodapop
01-04-09, 9:13 pm
Looks good man. Watch out if you ever decide to get any on your ribs

Haha, I actually want one on my ribs. The middle part of this one hurt, and yeah, I hear ribs are worse.

@ Stumblin: It's from a Robert Frost poem that was in my favorite book, The Outsiders. It's a personal interpretation to me that's pretty complicating when you get down to it, so I'd rather not get into right now, haha. I'm getting ready for bed.

stumblin54
01-04-09, 9:17 pm
Robert Frost is the man, and fair enough sodapop. Keep some ointment A & D on that sucker, keep it clean, and stay out of the tanning bed or pool if you do either of those things and it'll heal quickly and cleanly. I'd recommend switching your presses to DB just to keep any irritation off your chest too.

Stumblin

sodapop
01-04-09, 9:37 pm
Robert Frost is the man, and fair enough sodapop. Keep some ointment A & D on that sucker, keep it clean, and stay out of the tanning bed or pool if you do either of those things and it'll heal quickly and cleanly. I'd recommend switching your presses to DB just to keep any irritation off your chest too.

Stumblin

Thanks for the tip on switching to DB press; I think I'll do that.

And, yes, Robert Frost is the man. :D

smith06
01-05-09, 3:51 pm
When I got my ink on my chest I just skipped chest for the first week. And took it easy the second week. ---Keep A&D ointment on it. --Avoid rubbing it in any way. --When u do decide to workout wear a loose fitting shirt.

This may be a little overkill....but when u look at my ink you can't tell which are older than the others.

panzerwagen
01-06-09, 10:11 am
I just got a tattoo on my chest yesterday - when can I start working out again?

Thanks for any replies.

Hey Sodapop

I also have tons of ink under my skin. I even work at a tattoo studio, and what we suggest our customers to do is to wait about 2 weeks before swimming or doing anything similar that might interfere with the healing process of the tattoo. But with gym training it's a completely different story.

It all depends on WHAT you're gonna do during the workout. Remember that the fresh tattoo is actually a wound, and if you happen to strain this wound, it might cause scar tissue, little white streaks, which will be seen when the wound/tattoo has healed properly. Also remember that excessive sweating might infect the wound, and this is something you don't want.

Personally I have gone to the gym a day or two after having got a fresh tattoo. I have always made sure not to train the bodypart where the fresh tattoo is located, and I have always made sure to wash and clean the wound properly DIRECTLY after the session to avoid infection. I've never experienced any problems training with a fresh tattoo even though the wisest thing would be to avoid training for at least a couple of days.

As others here say, the wound will start to peel off. This happens within or just over a week's time. Some spots might take longer thouugh, depending on how deep the needle has gone when inserting the ink into the skin. After the peeling, I suppose it takes about a week for the wound to heal up properly, but it might take longer due to the above mentioned resons.

Just play it smart and things will be fine! Good luck . . .

panzerwagen
01-06-09, 10:13 am
. . . and I would recommend you NOT to switch to anything regarding chest training. Just be patient and skip it for a few days. Give the legs or whatever a hard time instead.