PDA

View Full Version : When to take what?

h 3 L L b 0 y
01-04-09, 8:22 pm
Well I'm bulking atm, and gaining a little more fat than I would've liked so I'm gunna try and do two cardio sessions a week after my workouts. I've read that doing it this way means you'll start burning fat straight away as all your glycogen will have been used up while lifting weights. I know this may affect my muscle gains a bit however I'm not preparing for a show or anything and so would rather bulk with minimal fat gains.

I'm not sure however when I should take the following on days I do cardio too.

Storm
Whey
EAA's
Waxy Maize Starch

I'm thinking Storm, Whey and EAA's after lifting before cardio, and WMS after cardio to replenish glycogen or is that counter productive my body will stop using fat for fuel after I finish cardio and use glycogen instead? Thanks for the help.

Pizzalamp
01-04-09, 8:23 pm
Well I'm bulking atm, and gaining a little more fat than I would've liked so I'm gunna try and do two cardio sessions a week after my workouts. I've read that doing it this way means you'll start burning fat straight away as all your glycogen will have been used up while lifting weights. I know this may affect my muscle gains a bit however I'm not preparing for a show or anything and so would rather bulk with minimal fat gains.

I'm not sure however when I should take the following on days I do cardio too.

Storm
Whey
EAA's
Waxy Maize Starch

I'm thinking Storm, Whey and EAA's after lifting before cardio, and WMS after cardio to replenish glycogen or is that counter productive my body will stop using fat for fuel after I finish cardio and use glycogen instead? Thanks for the help.
id have storm pre workout and sip on eaas during your workout and during cardio...then after cardio have the whey and waxy

h 3 L L b 0 y
01-05-09, 8:52 am
Hmm, I have Shock Therapy pre-workout so maybe if I sipped on EAA's during and then had WMS post cardio and take some whey twenty minutes later? Is it ok to put like one serving of EAA's in a two litre bottle of water and sip on that or is that too much water and the EAA's won't be as effective?

Pizzalamp
01-05-09, 3:44 pm
Hmm, I have Shock Therapy pre-workout so maybe if I sipped on EAA's during and then had WMS post cardio and take some whey twenty minutes later? Is it ok to put like one serving of EAA's in a two litre bottle of water and sip on that or is that too much water and the EAA's won't be as effective?

thats cool
nah the water wont affect the eaas