PDA

View Full Version : company products

killz
01-04-09, 10:13 pm
So what makes universal/animal make the products they make? I have seen lots of companies that make this but not that and others companies make that but not this.I'm a animal/universal fan but also use other product from other companies. My ? Is why so many products under the universal name? I know almost as a fact that a lot of universal products don't sell so why so many? and why does universal has every thing but PH clones so my ? Is why not? And don't say that PH's are not legal I'm talkin about the clone that are sold by other companies. Thanks

TigerAce01
01-04-09, 10:20 pm
PHs ARE illegal, and even if Universal wanted to make a "clone", that equals a bad political climate, and a surefire course to having your products recalled. On to your question about so many products. Universal is badass and hardcore to say the least. They don't follow idiotic trends and fads, they sell the hardcore, bare bones shit that works. OKG, Natural Sterol Complex, Milk and Egg protein, Liver Tabs? Find another company that makes them. REAL bodybuilders buy Universal's stuff, because they know what works, and they keep coming back.

Animal for life brother.

killz
01-04-09, 10:39 pm
Yes universal has good products. And yes universal is well know and all but. But the product you talked about don't sell that good. I bet the best selling ones are the animal line and some torrent ST and storm and some real gains but I bet if you ask a rep the other products don't sell that good. And so what if a product gets recalled the original stak got recalled. And every one knows even the newer BBers that never used the old one know aint no fuckin with the old shit, aint nothin like it. So what if a product gets recalled if it was legal at the time it was productrd/being sold aint no shame if shit get takin out. It not like it gettin tookin out like them fat burners the FDA Removed. And reps with real info? Shit I could be wrong may be the universal products sell better then I think. And if I'm wrong I'm sorry I did not make this thread to diss UN in any way I'm just askin for my own knowledge.

MELTDOWN
01-04-09, 11:01 pm
keeping in mind the target buyer is what Universal and Animal are about. most of us here are on board with the Animal line with a sprinkle of Universal branded stuff. whereas, more of the fitness minded (non powerbuilders, bodybuilders, lifters, etc) , sports, and active living people prefer the "less aggressive" approach and appeal of U/N goodies. plus U/N has a broader lineup for the overall masses to choose.
even though we are forward thinking and somewhat push the envelope with some Animal products, we know better than to step over the line for the sake of sales and hype, just to make a quick buck. solid, well tested products is what's kept Animal and U/N around for the 25+ years. and as far as not selling, U/N and Animal will pull a product from the lineup if it doesn't turn numbers. just because it's not hyped in all the glossy mags doesn't mean it doesn't carry it weight in the catalog. hope that helps.
Carry On !!!

Factory
01-04-09, 11:02 pm
the brocience is strong in this one.

Okay, just because a product doesn't sell well doesn't mean it doesn't provide a necessary function.

And yes ProHormones are on the chopping block, a bill is up right now that could make prohormones a controlled substance.

Cstlfx
01-04-09, 11:10 pm
There are so many products because people BUY them. Simple supply and demand.

If you notice, there are many that arent offered by online stores, but only by UN, it means low quantities, therefore not much money has been put into them. Also, much of the products are components of other products, such as all of the vitamins they sell.

As to your PH clone question, those that work tend to get banned, those that dont work, well, they dont work. For the most part, clones dont work. UN would rather spend the time to find something that works, that wont get banned, thats affordable, instead of what other companies go through. If you notice, Animal Test is a lot like another supp from a reputable company, and both are getting great reviews. They work, and I see no reason for banning.

Also, yes, the solid foundation products sell great. Liver Tabs are used by many, many people, quite often. Not only are they cheap, but are also a great source of protein/aminos.

So, you may not think that they dont sell, but they do. They wouldnt keep it around if no one bought it. Many supps have come and gone through UN.

killz
01-04-09, 11:14 pm
Yes I know and understand about the hardcore products we use but come on-i know what I'm about to say sounds like I'm dissin UN but I'm not tryin to- the non hardcore products don't sell that good with non hardcore fitness people. People like that use GMC shit. Now I know I might be wrong but that's what I think. Not tryin to start beef

Cstlfx
01-04-09, 11:20 pm
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. It doesnt matter if UN sells to fitness people or not. Making money is making money. A company does not have to sell to the average person to keep products around.

Take for instance companies like Gasp and Hot Bodz whose primary consumer is big bodybuilder type guys with muscular bodies. They exist because people buy them.

I dont understand what you mean by "non-hardcore" and "hardcore" products.

killz
01-04-09, 11:21 pm
There are so many products because people BUY them. Simple supply and demand.

If you notice, there are many that arent offered by online stores, but only by UN, it means low quantities, therefore not much money has been put into them. Also, much of the products are components of other products, such as all of the vitamins they sell.

As to your PH clone question, those that work tend to get banned, those that dont work, well, they dont work. For the most part, clones dont work. UN would rather spend the time to find something that works, that wont get banned, thats affordable, instead of what other companies go through. If you notice, Animal Test is a lot like another supp from a reputable company, and both are getting great reviews. They work, and I see no reason for banning.

Also, yes, the solid foundation products sell great. Liver Tabs are used by many, many people, quite often. Not only are they cheap, but are also a great source of protein/aminos.

So, you may not think that they dont sell, but they do. They wouldnt keep it around if no one bought it. Many supps have come and gone through UN.

About the PH coment, so you think the PH's out now don't work? I'm new to them but even on the weakes of them(told by BB.com forum) I put on mass and power with it and know for a fact it works.

TigerAce01
01-04-09, 11:22 pm
killz... if you want to talk about sales and the like... a product being recalled is one of the worst things possible. That means a company would make a product, then not even have the chance to sell it. That means those products won't sell at all, no way they could after the recall. I believe a company would want to make a product that continues to sell for a while... like all of the bare bones products you don't believe sell. Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they don't sell or don't work, it just means Universal spends more money on making a quality product than marketing.

I know what I would prefer...

TigerAce01
01-04-09, 11:24 pm
About the PH coment, so you think the PH's out now don't work? I'm new to them but even on the weakes of them(told by BB.com forum) I put on mass and power with it and know for a fact it works.

Most of the "prohormones" you are speaking of are either a DHEA derivative, or are powerful herbal supplements that boost testosterone naturally. There are only a couple of true prohormones on the market, and they are on the block to be banned soon,

MELTDOWN
01-04-09, 11:31 pm
Yes I know and understand about the hardcore products we use but come on-i know what I'm about to say sounds like I'm dissin UN but I'm not tryin to- the non hardcore products don't sell that good with non hardcore fitness people. People like that use GMC shit. Now I know I might be wrong but that's what I think. Not tryin to start beef

so, you have access to our sales numbers and volume movement? where are your "lac of sales" info coming from, the kid at GNC getting spiff for selling another brand??
once again, if a U/N or Animal product doesn't sell, it's gone.

killz
01-04-09, 11:31 pm
Now I never said that any of the products don't work, I was just wondering if they sold. Like I said I don't know for a fact, I know they don't sell like the animal line cause every supp site has at least 1 animal product in the top sales list. I was just wondering that's it.