PDA

View Full Version : Milk... Bad????????

Sho
01-04-09, 10:24 pm
I have this Crazy friend who says its wrong to drink milk. Is she Crazy?

but seriously she says that it contains antibiotics and some other crap that is no good, cant quite remember, and if i were to ask any nutritionist they would say the same thing; "never drink milk ever" but i was basically a joke to them for drinking milk at every meal we had together that day. Is there any truth to this because milk is pretty much the only thing i drink besides water and the occasional juice or pop.

TigerAce01
01-04-09, 10:27 pm
What??!!

That's one of the most incorrect statements ever. Milk is great for your health and body. The only single aspect of milk that could be "bad" is the high saturated fat content, but even then it isn't all that "bad". I use whole milk to slap weight on me like crazy. I'm drinking nearly a gallon a day right now.

Keep drinking milk.

Bartles
01-04-09, 10:29 pm
Organic milk ftw.

No roided'd out cows calked full of antibiotics.

Factory
01-04-09, 10:48 pm
arnold said milk is for babies. but baby huey's pretty brolic...
so i'd say it's about 50-50...

Giant Killer
01-04-09, 10:50 pm
Damn hippies can fuck off I like my moo cow titty milk...hormones, antibiotics, and all.

Mmmmmmmm, Whole too, give it to me.

Factory
01-04-09, 11:04 pm
Damn hippies can fuck off I like my moo cow titty milk...hormones, antibiotics, and all.

Mmmmmmmm, Whole too, give it to me.

haha, me too

bassdocktor
01-04-09, 11:27 pm
Hey I was just talking to a pre-med friend because he told me something about this once. He basically said it has to do with the lactase enzyme. Comes down to we weren't really supposed to have/use the enzyme because milk wasn't originally part of our diets. That's what came from his nutrition class and something I've seen before. Not sure if it helps but its another possible reason why someone will say milk is bad.

Redjeep
01-04-09, 11:49 pm
Organic milk ftw.

No roided'd out cows calked full of antibiotics.

yeah that is what's up

TigerAce01
01-05-09, 12:44 am
Hell, go to 7/11 and pick yourself up a gallon of Vit. D Milk, and you're good to go.

My 2 cents right there.

sixthbeatle
01-05-09, 2:13 am
FUCK MILK!!!!!

(I'm just a very bitter lactose interolant person) ;)-

mdh84
01-05-09, 2:22 am
Hey I was just talking to a pre-med friend because he told me something about this once. He basically said it has to do with the lactase enzyme. Comes down to we weren't really supposed to have/use the enzyme because milk wasn't originally part of our diets. That's what came from his nutrition class and something I've seen before. Not sure if it helps but its another possible reason why someone will say milk is bad.

There's alot of stuff that we eat that wasn't "originally" in our diets. People have been drinking it for a few thousnad years now so I think we'll all be ok.

bassdocktor
01-05-09, 2:28 am
There's alot of stuff that we eat that wasn't "originally" in our diets. People have been drinking it for a few thousnad years now so I think we'll all be ok.

I completely agree but thats just one theory that is out there.

mdh84
01-05-09, 2:49 am
Yeah, I have a friend who says the exact same thing. Pretty crazy

theharjmann
01-05-09, 4:22 am
there are so many varied opinions on milk it is stupid. its just like anything else, don't knock it until you've tried it. I remember when i was 10 years old and saw tubs of Whey on sale and thought they were steroids! Do some research into it, and drink lots of milk for 2 weeks.

If the results are positive, drink milk....if you shit every hour, then dont drink milk!

Trial and error.

Peace

krazyassmexican
01-05-09, 8:35 am
i saw plenty of studies showing human body is not evolved to ingest cow milk

i love milk however i drink it on cheat meals

BrotherInArms
01-05-09, 9:01 am
Drink milk - how can millions of babies be wrong?

GJN5002
01-05-09, 10:53 am

I agree. Humans werent meant to drink cows milk in mass quantities. Over time, diets change and we become used to drinking it. I dont think its bad for us in anyway, I think its actually one of the ebst things you could drink next to water.
Eating organic and whole foods is good if you can afford it, but people that are staunch advocates annoy the shit out of me. I apologize if youre freidn isnt a vegetarian/vegan, but those are the comments people like that tend to make to legitimize their opinions and beliefs.

sanga
01-05-09, 10:59 am
Ask Tiny about drinking milk in quantities, lol